Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The View from Happy Valley - RightNation.US

-----

The View from Happy Valley

Well, I thought it might be interesting to some folks to see how snowy it is here. We are holed up and are getting along. The power has flickered a few times - that would be a problem since it remains below 30 (it's around 25 right now) as it has for several days. We got another few inches overnight and it is still snowing. I measured the accumulation at over 12 inches with my yardstick. I just took a few photos and have attached...

Posted Image

Measured in my driveway.

Posted Image

The view down our street.

Posted Image

The view across the street.

Posted Image

Our house.

Posted Image

My neighbor's 545 Beamer, buried. I still don't know why he doesn't garage it.

Our little doodle, Holly, is really enjoying the snow, too. Now it's pretty much up to her chin and her long fur gets matted with snow.

Posted Image

Holly waiting to come in and warm up.

9 Comments On This Entry

Those are familiar sights. :unsure: Of course the stupid rain came in this morning and melted most of what was left of ours.
Beautiful. I see you are in OR? Of course 12 inches in the mountains of OR would be considered a little dusting, so I am assuming where you live, that much snow is not that common.

You have a nice house as well.

Where is Happy Valley? My sister lives in Cave Junction.

Mr. Naron, on Dec 22 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

Those are familiar sights. :unsure: Of course the stupid rain came in this morning and melted most of what was left of ours.

It is raining at the resort level in the mountains now as well, with the snow level above 7,000 ft, even though it is currently in the upper 40's here (usually when it is this cold here, the snow level is down to about 2,000 ft). Only the top of the ski resorts are getting snow right now.

DodgerKing, on Dec 22 2008, 11:20 AM, said:

Beautiful. I see you are in OR? Of course 12 inches in the mountains of OR would be considered a little dusting, so I am assuming where you live, that much snow is not that common.

Happy Valley is basically Southeast Portland, about 15 miles from downtown. According to the newscasts, Salem southward doesn't have anything like this unless it's in the higher elevations. We are at about 400 ft above sea level. It's the most snow I've seen around the city since I moved here 13 years ago.

I know it seems silly in Oregon, but I'm PRAYING for rain.

stick, on Dec 22 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

Happy Valley is basically Southeast Portland, about 15 miles from downtown. According to the newscasts, Salem southward doesn't have anything like this unless it's in the higher elevations. We are at about 400 ft above sea level. It's the most snow I've seen around the city since I moved here 13 years ago.

You are pretty far north of my sister. They are closer to Medford and Grants Pass. They are at about see level and they got a few inches of snow as well. It does snow there on occassion but it usually melts within a few hours to a couple of days. So far this year they have had three snow storms and the snow has yet to melt for a couple of weeks.

Again, very nice pics. Your family must be excited to see a white Christmas?

stick, on Dec 22 2008, 11:25 AM, said:

I know it seems silly in Oregon, but I'm PRAYING for rain.

Or not??? :lol:

(in reference to my last reply about a white Christmas)

DodgerKing, on Dec 22 2008, 11:30 AM, said:

stick, on Dec 22 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

You are pretty far north of my sister. They are closer to Medford and Grants Pass. They are at about see level and they got a few inches of snow as well. It does snow there on occassion but it usually melts within a few hours to a couple of days. So far this year they have had three snow storms and the snow has yet to melt for a couple of weeks.

Again, very nice pics. Your family must be excited to see a white Christmas?

Actually it snowed heavily last Christmas day for about 20 minutes and didn't stick, so it was kind of white. Going by today, we're looking at a "white-out" Christmas! Hopefully we'll get the boys out this afternoon as there is a little sledding hill across the way next to the LDS church.

I have a relative down in Shady Cove, Oregon which is sort of near Cave Junction. We have driven through Medford and Grant's Pass several times in the past on the way to Shasta. Usually the passes get snow and shut the Interstate down, but I haven't heard that so far this storm. Hoping we get back down to Shasta this year...did you notice the boat in the garage?
Very pretty. I bet it reminds you of your childhood in Indiana. I really like your house.
Page 1 of 1

Stuff

Posted Image

Recent Entries

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog