Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: So That's Why Black People Hate Ronald Reagan - RightNation.US

-----
Posted Image

He created a new system of Jim Crow...

*There are more African Americans under correctional control today — in prison or jail, on probation or parole — than were enslaved in 1850, a decade before the Civil War began.

*As of 2004, more African American men were disenfranchised (due to felon disenfranchisement laws) than in 1870, the year the Fifteenth Amendment was ratified, prohibiting laws that explicitly deny the right to vote on the basis of race.

*A black child born today is less likely to be raised by both parents than a black child born during slavery. The recent disintegration of the African American family is due in large part to the mass imprisonment of black fathers.

*If you take into account prisoners, a large majority of African American men in some urban areas have been labeled felons for life. (In the Chicago area, the figure is nearly 80%.) These men are part of a growing undercaste — not class, caste — permanently relegated, by law, to a second-class status. They can be denied the right to vote, automatically excluded from juries, and legally discriminated against in employment, housing, access to education, and public benefits, much as their grandparents and great-grandparents were during the Jim Crow era.

Now, what does that have to do with our 40th president?

President Ronald Reagan officially declared the current drug war in 1982, when drug crime was declining, not rising. From the outset, the war had little to do with drug crime and nearly everything to do with racial politics. The drug war was part of a grand and highly successful Republican Party strategy of using racially coded political appeals on issues of crime and welfare to attract poor and working class white voters who were resentful of, and threatened by, desegregation, busing, and affirmative action. In the words of H.R. Haldeman, President Richard Nixon’s White House Chief of Staff: “[T]he whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognizes this while not appearing to.”

Actually, President Nixon started it back in '73, but we all know he was a racist, too. As for the assertion that drug crimes were on the way down, maybe they were and maybe they weren't. We're given no data on that, nor is it easy to find. The best I could figure is that they threw a bunch of stats together from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and converted it to a per 100,000 individuals. So, I suspect the overall numbers of drug crimes were up while drug crimes per 100,000 citizens were on their way down. And I suspect that to be the case because I can't think of any other reason to make that conversion.

But let's say the assertion is correct. So what? Is there any evidence whatsoever that Ronald Reagan had any desire to create a system arguably more obnoxious than Jim Crow? Certainly none is forthcoming in this paragraph or in the entire article. It's an extremely nasty allegation to make against any president and should be met with the utmost skepticism. Unfortunately, it is as widely accepted by African-Americans as the urban legend that Elvis once said that black people were good for nothing but buying his records and shining his shoes.

I'm all for ending the drug war and for doing whatever we can to get government off the backs of African-American men. But that's not the solution Michelle Alexander wants...

When we pull back the curtain and take a look at what our “colorblind” society creates without affirmative action, we see a familiar social, political, and economic structure — the structure of racial caste. The entrance into this new caste system can be found at the prison gate.

The solution isn't less government, it's more. I'll be the first to call President Reagan's support of the drug war a mistake, but I'm not going to sit still while some opportunistic left-winger tries to paint him as a racist and use the unintended consequences as an excuse for MORE government intervention.

My Mind is Clean

20 Comments On This Entry

She is full of it anyway. Felons now vote and do everything else a citizen does. Heck the instant they walk out of prison they are eligible in some states. It is insane.

katnapper, on Mar 10 2010, 03:12 PM, said:

She is full of it anyway. Felons now vote and do everything else a citizen does. Heck the instant they walk out of prison they are eligible in some states. It is insane.

And I didn't even get into the whole "no is making you sell drugs" argument. Or poverty. There's a much greater causal connection between LBJ and the plight of American blacks than Reagan.
Poor Ronald Reagan. So the man wasn't perfect. Who is? Does he deserve the accusation of being a racist for not being able to see the unintended consequences of his escalation of the drug war? No way. I hate the entire idea of the drug war, but I love Reagan and that is not hurt by what he did. He did what he believed was right. I think he was wrong in this case, but he was anything but sinister.

Mr. Naron, on Mar 10 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

And I didn't even get into the whole "no is making you sell drugs" argument. Or poverty. There's a much greater causal connection between LBJ and the plight of American blacks than Reagan.

It is sort of funny you wrote this blog today. I was considering writing a blog on a similar subject because of an encounter I had with a black guy today. After reading this I did.

katnapper, on Mar 10 2010, 03:56 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on Mar 10 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

It is sort of funny you wrote this blog today. I was considering writing a blog on a similar subject because of an encounter I had with a black guy today. After reading this I did.

*heading over to your blog*

dan r, on Mar 10 2010, 03:52 PM, said:

Poor Ronald Reagan. So the man wasn't perfect. Who is? Does he deserve the accusation of being a racist for not being able to see the unintended consequences of his escalation of the drug war? No way. I hate the entire idea of the drug war, but I love Reagan and that is not hurt by what he did. He did what he believed was right. I think he was wrong in this case, but he was anything but sinister.

Did you read how Bill Clinton escalated the drug war making the drug czar a cabinet level position? But there was no accusation that his motives were racist. The clear implication was that Democrats only do it to get votes. But I thought that was why the Republicans were doing it...hmmm.
Maybe it's just me, but......
When ever I hear the term "Unintended consequence" my personal BS meter alerts.
I don't believe in the term, never have.
It would be like someone claiming it to be an unintended consequence when they grossly exceed the speed limit and cause a wreck. They can claim that they did not "intend" to cause a wreck, but the fact remains that any serious consideration of the circumstances, would show that the most likely negative result of their actions had a much greater chance of coming to pass, wouldn't buy the "unintended consequence" argument.
I'm not saying that every time the term is used it means that the potential for the 'negative' consequence wasn't anticipated. I guess that it is possible that in the process of crafting some new policy or regulation or rule or whatever, all/every possible consequence wasn't considered. In fact, almost by definition, it would be all but impossible to consider every possible 'other' consequence of something.
But to state that it is an "unintended consequence" that more black men being incarcerated because of new, tougher and better enforcement of illegal drug use denies one obvious FACT.
You have to use the illegal drugs to even have to worry about it.
Acting as if the only, or main/prime, reason so many black families are single parent is because daddy is in lock up because of laws meant to punish based on race is false at it's core.
Unless you are going to claim that illegal drug use is itself something that has a racial component. That only blacks use the illegal drugs. Or that only blacks are prosecuted for the illegal drug use.
I don't believe I have ever heard any credible evidence to the effect that blacks are prosecuted and imprisoned for illegal drug use, when non blacks are not for the same offense.
THAT would be a gross example of racism, and one I believe we would have heard about much more directly then by some 'clever' presentation of facts that hint at something.
If, and I really don't personally know, drug use is more prevalent within the male black community, then THAT is the problem.
Like many other things in this life, if you don't like the known consequences, don't risk them.
If you don't want to spend years in Federal lockup for doing illegal drugs, uh don't do illegal drugs.
This is NOT a complicated deal.
JMO

USNJIMRET, on Mar 10 2010, 05:13 PM, said:

...Donkey Kong is the greatest video game ever?
Two words that this author does not want to recognize: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The overwhelming majority of those black men would not be in prison if they'd taken time to actually apply themselves in school and get the skills they needed for a job. Instead they were told that the world owed them something and they acted irresponsibly. The same goes for a lot of white and hispanic guys too.

I watched in Atlanta as a very successful, highly articulate black male teacher was forced to take a job out of the ghetto where we taught because all of those momma's were looking at him to be their next baby's daddy.

USNJIMRET, on Mar 10 2010, 08:13 PM, said:

It would be like someone claiming it to be an unintended consequence when they grossly exceed the speed limit and cause a wreck. They can claim that they did not "intend" to cause a wreck, but the fact remains that any serious consideration of the circumstances, would show that the most likely negative result of their actions had a much greater chance of coming to pass, wouldn't buy the "unintended consequence" argument.
I'm not saying that every time the term is used it means that the potential for the 'negative' consequence wasn't anticipated. I guess that it is possible that in the process of crafting some new policy or regulation or rule or whatever, all/every possible consequence wasn't considered. In fact, almost by definition, it would be all but impossible to consider every possible 'other' consequence of something.
But to state that it is an "unintended consequence" that more black men being incarcerated because of new, tougher and better enforcement of illegal drug use denies one obvious FACT.
Acting as if the only, or main/prime, reason so many black families are single parent is because daddy is in lock up because of laws meant to punish based on race is false at it's core.
Unless you are going to claim that illegal drug use is itself something that has a racial component. That only blacks use the illegal drugs. Or that only blacks are prosecuted for the illegal drug use.
I don't believe I have ever heard any credible evidence to the effect that blacks are prosecuted and imprisoned for illegal drug use, when non blacks are not for the same offense.
THAT would be a gross example of racism, and one I believe we would have heard about much more directly then by some 'clever' presentation of facts that hint at something.
If, and I really don't personally know, drug use is more prevalent within the male black community, then THAT is the problem.
Like many other things in this life, if you don't like the known consequences, don't risk them.
If you don't want to spend years in Federal lockup for doing illegal drugs, uh don't do illegal drugs.
JMO

Really? So you think RR thought of the consquences of amnesty '86 and decided they were worth it?

Mr. Naron, on Mar 10 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

Did you read how Bill Clinton escalated the drug war making the drug czar a cabinet level position? But there was no accusation that his motives were racist. The clear implication was that Democrats only do it to get votes. But I thought that was why the Republicans were doing it...hmmm.

Well its obvious. Bill Clinton doesn't care about black people.

USNJIMRET, on Mar 10 2010, 05:13 PM, said:

JMO

So, we should use "unanticipated" or "unconsidered"?

dan r, on Mar 10 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

Nnot in a way that wouldn't creep you out. He certainly feels their pain.

Mr. Naron, on Mar 10 2010, 09:08 PM, said:

dan r, on Mar 10 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

Nnot in a way that wouldn't creep you out. He certainly feels their pain.

Sure, when he's inside them. Put some ice on that.
And if Reagan had backed down from the drug war and even went so far as to support the lowering if not the dropping of federal penalties against drugs, guess what? The same people who paint him as a racist because more black men were getting locked up for pushing and using drugs would have accused him of committing racial genocide if more black people died as the direct or indirect result of overdoses, accidents, or crimes (including neglect of children) committed while under the influence of legalized drugs.

Here's some more random drug ramblings to ruminate over:

1. Stopping the fight against drugs will do nothing but make it easier to be a criminal. Dealers might even stop using little kids since the danger involved in getting caught will not be as great. Unless, of course, a rival gang is gunning for you, in which case there are plenty more kids standing in line to sell your wares in exchange for video games and iPhones.

2. The good ol' fashion drugs like cocaine and heroin WERE legal once upon a time, until people saw for themselves their devastating effects.

3. I sincerely doubt that any reputable company will risk tainting its image by selling such drugs, so look out for start-ups with catchy, retro-groovy or "edgy" names and packaging bearing the likenesses of Bob Marley, Snoop Dogg, and Jerry Garcia. (Don't look for Heath Leger, Corey Haim, or Jimi Hendrix, though.)

4. These drugs will definitely require a federal tax stamp, just like the kind you find gracing a liquor bottle. How much you want to bet that cases of drugs carrying such stamps won't "fall off the truck", or the guy up the block who was dealing to kids prior to legalization won't still be dealing to kids, age restriction notwithstanding?

JimNEPA, on Mar 10 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

And if Reagan had backed down from the drug war and even went so far as to support the lowering if not the dropping of federal penalties against drugs, guess what? The same people who paint him as a racist because more black men were getting locked up for pushing and using drugs would have accused him of committing racial genocide if more black people died as the direct or indirect result of overdoses, accidents, or crimes (including neglect of children) committed while under the influence of legalized drugs.

Here's some more random drug ramblings to ruminate over:

1. Stopping the fight against drugs will do nothing but make it easier to be a criminal. Dealers might even stop using little kids since the danger involved in getting caught will not be as great. Unless, of course, a rival gang is gunning for you, in which case there are plenty more kids standing in line to sell your wares in exchange for video games and iPhones.

2. The good ol' fashion drugs like cocaine and heroin WERE legal once upon a time, until people saw for themselves their devastating effects.

3. I sincerely doubt that any reputable company will risk tainting its image by selling such drugs, so look out for start-ups with catchy, retro-groovy or "edgy" names and packaging bearing the likenesses of Bob Marley, Snoop Dogg, and Jerry Garcia. (Don't look for Heath Leger, Corey Haim, or Jimi Hendrix, though.)

4. These drugs will definitely require a federal tax stamp, just like the kind you find gracing a liquor bottle. How much you want to bet that cases of drugs carrying such stamps won't "fall off the truck", or the guy up the block who was dealing to kids prior to legalization won't still be dealing to kids, age restriction notwithstanding?

Are you saying there will be unintended consequences? :lol:

I don't think it'll be quite like you describe. I think all the firepower and money we're aiming at the drug users and dealers now will be turned on the black market. Nothing much will change. If a Columbian drug lord starts messing with the government approved drug maker and costing tax revenue, you can bet your crack pipe we'll be invading Columbia.

So when I say I'm all for ending the drug war, I'm being a little smug because I know that unless a true libertarian Congress and president write the legislation and enforce it, there's never going to be an end to the drug war. There'll just be a shift in who's considered the enemy.

Actually, the war on poverty started by LBJ is what has created a lot of this. I wonder, though, how that war on poverty is doing? Are we winning? If you listen to the racebaiters we aren't, but they attribute the lack of victory to everything but the underlying cause. The lack of responsibility that is prevelent today is a key factor in the "babies born without both parents" in the black "community", however, it is also manifested in a lot of others these days as well. I have first hand knowledge of several blacks that I know, personally, that have fathered several children between different mothers and they are not living with any of them and not paying a dime for the care of the children they have sired. In one case, the man has 5 kids and 2 of them are with the same mother, however, he isn't with any of them and has no intention of being with any of them. Do I blame him completely? Nope, because it takes 2 to tango. However the culture of non-responsibility has told both that they don't have to worry about anything because the compassionate and caring society we have brought forth will take care of them at our expense, not theirs. They aren't responsible for their actions that produce another that we will tell the same thing, when they grow up, and the cycle repeats. Does that make me a racist? No, that makes me a realist.

My younger brother was one of them for a long time, however, he has finally figured out that self respect and personal responsibility are the better path and he is much happier now than he was 15 years ago.

xtremeright, on Mar 11 2010, 08:07 AM, said:

Actually, the war on poverty started by LBJ is what has created a lot of this. I wonder, though, how that war on poverty is doing? Are we winning? If you listen to the racebaiters we aren't, but they attribute the lack of victory to everything but the underlying cause. The lack of responsibility that is prevelent today is a key factor in the "babies born without both parents" in the black "community", however, it is also manifested in a lot of others these days as well. I have first hand knowledge of several blacks that I know, personally, that have fathered several children between different mothers and they are not living with any of them and not paying a dime for the care of the children they have sired. In one case, the man has 5 kids and 2 of them are with the same mother, however, he isn't with any of them and has no intention of being with any of them. Do I blame him completely? Nope, because it takes 2 to tango. However the culture of non-responsibility has told both that they don't have to worry about anything because the compassionate and caring society we have brought forth will take care of them at our expense, not theirs. They aren't responsible for their actions that produce another that we will tell the same thing, when they grow up, and the cycle repeats. Does that make me a racist? No, that makes me a realist.

My younger brother was one of them for a long time, however, he has finally figured out that self respect and personal responsibility are the better path and he is much happier now than he was 15 years ago.

The two go hand in hand. Daddy's nowhere to be found (because he doesn't care about the kid, and that b!tch gets a check every month anyway, she doesn't need him). The kid developes some real issues from that (depression, anger, abandonment issues, rebelliousness) tries a drug, discovers he can change the way he has always felt, starts using regularly, gets caught, is now a minority with a criminal record from the drug charge, can't find a job, becomes even more discouraged, uses more, lather, rinse, repeat. After being unemployed long enough, he turns to selling the drugs, often finds himself at parties, with inebriated girls, bangs a few, gets one pregnant, no way he's raising that, on and on it goes. Both "wars" contribute.

Guest, on Apr 22 2010, 02:24 PM, said:

The reason the Drug War is racist is because people in possesion of Crack Cocaine were given tougher sentences than people in possesion of regualr cocaine. Crack cocaine had more of a presence in poor black communities because it was much cheaper. So in essence, if you were caught with a crack rock you could go to jail for five years. But if you were caught with an ounce of powder you would get a year or maybe probation.

Or could it be because the effects of crack were said to be so devastating that they wanted the penatly to be more of a deterent? One would think that a racist would lessen the penalties for drugs likely to ravage the black community.

Guest, on Aug 14 2010, 04:49 AM, said:

Reagan Era made all economic factors in the Black community go south. Homelessness Skyrocketed. The incarceration rate skyrocketed. Unemployment skyrocketed to 28%. This was all by design. Reagan attacked every social program that balanced the playing field for all people. He attacked the Equal Opportunity Commission, Affirmative Action, Low-income housing. However his administration did invest in increasing the supply of drugs and making the police force more active in minority communities.

How do you think cocaine gets into the community anyway? During the Reagan Era, two significant events occurred that still effect the Black Community today. The "War on Drugs" campaign and Iran Contra Arms and Drugs Scandal. The Scandal increased the supply of drugs in the community and the "War on Drugs" campaign increased the incarceration rate in the Black community. You can call this "Hook, bait, and sinker".

On 1990 Fabio Ernesto Carrasco, a pilot for a major Columbian drug smuggler George Morales testified he was operating with the knowledge and consent of the U.S. CIA. http://www.gwu.edu/~...BB2/nsaebb2.htm. You can find other documentaries on this as well.

The CIA was able to achieve two objectives at the same time. First Overthrow the Sandinista government in Nicaragua by funding the Iran Contras by exchanging arms for drugs. Second,systematically cull the population of USA (called for in many quotes from Henry Kissinger).

The idea of culling the population by Nobel Peace Prize honory Henry Kissinger was not a new idea. During the 1970s the US CIA started a secret project named MK-NAOMI with a purpose to develop a race based biological weapon - NAOMI was an acronym for Negroes Are Only Momentary Individuals. Evidence links this project to the development of AIDS. It is said that AIDS was spread in Africa through the World Health Organization - humanitarian workers had no idea that vaccinations were tainted with the AIDS virus, it was not their fault and was an inside job. To this day half the population in Africa has been wiped out. Research "Boyd Graves" for more info on that topic.

The culling of the population by drugs was done by numerous factors mentioned below. The supply of drugs was increased in the US via the CIA helping fuel drugs crimes and addictions, then the "War on Drugs" campaign aggressively put Police in Black communities which increased the incarceration rate. Till this day you will notice the difference when you visit a White community versus a Black community - In a Black community police officers drive up and down the street all day. In a White community you only see police if they are called for.

With more Black males in prison, this lowered birth rates of Blacks, weakened the family structure and fueled a cycle systematic genocide and destruction in the Black community. Genocide was good for angry White males to assert dominance.

I'm honored by your presence on this blog, Rev. Wright. Welcome.
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.