Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Is RGIII a Republican? - RightNation.US

-----

Is RGIII a Republican?

Who cares? He's going to be a great QB. He's already very good as a rookie. I'd hate to be a Cowboys fan.

Oh, I guess somebody cares if he's a Republican. You're right if you immediately figured it was a liberal ESPN mouth asking the question:

Parker: "My question, which is just a straight, honest question: is he a brother or is he a cornball brother?"

Cari Champion: "What does that mean?"

Parker: "He's not really ... OK, he's black, he kinda does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause, he's not one of us. He's kinda black, but he's not really, like, the guy you really wanna hang out with because he's off to something else."

Champion: "Why is that your question?"

Parker: "Because that's just how I want to find out about him. I don't know because I keep hearing these things. We all know he has a white fiancée then there was all this talk about he was a Republican. There's no information at all. I'm just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue because we did find out with Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods was like, "I got black skin but don't call me black.'"

It's like listening in to a Gestapo agent discuss someone with a Nazi functionary.

WE WANT INFORMATION. Information...information...

My Mind is Clean

11 Comments On This Entry

He already is an excellent QB. Seems like a straight up good guy, but the way he plays will probably shorten his career. You're not going to find many NFL coaches who are comfortable with seeing him take as many hits as he has. Same deal with Cam Newton, but at least he is bigger.

Hieronymous, on 14 December 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

He already is an excellent QB. Seems like a straight up good guy, but the way he plays will probably shorten his career. You're not going to find many NFL coaches who are comfortable with seeing him take as many hits as he has. Same deal with Cam Newton, but at least he is bigger.

I couldn't agree more....He won't be around long if he keeps taking the hits he's taking
I'm having too much fun watching him play to care about his politics or personal information.

As for Parker, well...

EPSN fired Rush for making comments about sports media narrative regarding African American quarterbacks (specifically in regards to Donovan McNabb).

ESPN fired some poor moron for the "A Chink In The Armor" haedline their site ran in reference to Jeremy Lin's turnover problem.

While Rush's comment was just an observation on media narrative rather than a critique of African American athletes (he didn't say they couldn't play quarterback, just that the media wanted them to succeed so they could push the barrier broken angle), and it is conceivable the use of "chink" was innocuous from some writer who used the metaphor without knowledge of the word's slur use. Although some editor should have caught it.

This was clearly an attack on an African American individual, criticizing him for daring to have a white fiancee'.

Hopefully ESPN execs will pull a "Mississippi Burning" (now imagine the commentator who ripped on RGIII's interracial relationship was white...) and can his ass.

But I won't hold my breath.

ESPN might come down furiously on one end, but has no problem employing a variety of commentators/writers who have no problem assassinating my character (calling me racist) because I don't like a guy who killed dogs for fun.
Well if he IS a Republican, then he must be racist.
I am a Cowboys fan. I was born and bred to HATE the Washington Redskins and anyone who donned their uniform. That said, I can't help but be a fan of RGIII. I wasn't at first, but he's won me over, the guy is a fantastic QB and fun to watch. Doesn't matter to me what color he is, what color his wife is or what political party he belongs to. I thought sports was supposed to be the topic of discussion without politics involved. I guess not.

When Rush Limbaugh questioned the media's motives in praising Donovan McNabb, that was the last time he was on ESPN. Let's hope a similar punishment is dolled out on this guy.

Hieronymous, on 14 December 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

I agree, but the same can be said of a pocket QB with a crap offensive line. He'll get the experience eventually. It's not like the coaches send him out there to be reckless.

Old Bitter Craig, on 14 December 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

I'm having too much fun watching him play to care about his politics or personal information.As for Parker, well... EPSN fired Rush for making comments about sports media narrative regarding African American quarterbacks (specifically in regards to Donovan McNabb). ESPN fired some poor moron for the "A Chink In The Armor" haedline their site ran in reference to Jeremy Lin's turnover problem. While Rush's comment was just an observation on media narrative rather than a critique of African American athletes (he didn't say they couldn't play quarterback, just that the media wanted them to succeed so they could push the barrier broken angle), and it is conceivable the use of "chink" was innocuous from some writer who used the metaphor without knowledge of the word's slur use. Although some editor should have caught it.This was clearly an attack on an African American individual, criticizing him for daring to have a white fiancee'. Hopefully ESPN execs will pull a "Mississippi Burning" (now imagine the commentator who ripped on RGIII's interracial relationship was white...) and can his ass. But I won't hold my breath.ESPN might come down furiously on one end, but has no problem employing a variety of commentators/writers who have no problem assassinating my character (calling me racist) because I don't like a guy who killed dogs for fun.

Unless they did it in both films, I believe you're referring to A Time to Kill.

I wish Rush would just show up at the ESPN building with a box with his desk stuff in it and say, "So, I heard you guys are okay with controversial language about race now."

jss-indy, on 14 December 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Well if he IS a Republican, then he must be racist.

Well, obviously.

JesseR72, on 14 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I am a Cowboys fan. I was born and bred to HATE the Washington Redskins and anyone who donned their uniform. That said, I can't help but be a fan of RGIII. I wasn't at first, but he's won me over, the guy is a fantastic QB and fun to watch. Doesn't matter to me what color he is, what color his wife is or what political party he belongs to. I thought sports was supposed to be the topic of discussion without politics involved. I guess not.When Rush Limbaugh questioned the media's motives in praising Donovan McNabb, that was the last time he was on ESPN. Let's hope a similar punishment is dolled out on this guy.

I'll admit that although I'll watch just about any football game because I just love football, these kinds of stories make me want to watch even more. I don't need to know something about a guy's politics or religion, but it makes it more interesting.
See you all Sunday night for another Tom Brady love fest

The Monday night crew ( Gruden ) wanted to take him to a hotel and do unspeakable things to him...Lets see what the Sunday night crew has to say

firecoco, on 14 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

See you all Sunday night for another Tom Brady love festThe Monday night crew ( Gruden ) wanted to take him to a hotel and do unspeakable things to him...Lets see what the Sunday night crew has to say

Well, it's about time that young man caught a break.
Page 1 of 1

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.