RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: In Memory of Mary Rubina Sperando - RightNation.US

-----
I've been thinking of how to eulogize you. I'm going to let the ones that loved you and knew you speak. Please know that you are in all of our hearts, even the ones that didn't know you, on September 11. We won't forget. We'll keep you in words and in prayers and be forever thankful that you touched so many lives in your short time on Earth. May God bless you and your loved ones. So from the word of your friends and loved ones I have below:

She(Mary Rubino Sperando) said "If a baby smiles at you, they saw your angel."

"She was professional, organized and beautiful, inside and out," said her cousin, Catherine Lamonica. "She did for everyone, and she was always grace under fire."

You helped others through the thoughfulness of your parents in their time of grief:

"Paul and Fay Sperando of North Babylon, L.I., donated $1,000 "in memory of our daughter," 9/11 victim Mary Sperando."

" In her memory just smile at a stranger and I bet they smile back "

That she was called home so early can only mean her work on this earth was recognized and appreciated and she has been promoted.
Neil Cosgrove (New City, NY )

Mary Rubina Sperando, age 39.

http://www.september...ictims/3179.jpg

Mary Rubina Sperando

A friend: (from site above--each visit adds a flower)

Mitzi and I were walking to lunch one day and a baby smiled at me. She said "If a baby smiles at you, they saw your angel." She just had that way of making someone feel so special. But she was the one who was special.

HER FRIENDS CALLED HER MITZI. MY WIFE WAS MITZI'S HAIR STYLIST. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO KNOW MITZI. SHE WOULD COME TO OUR HOUSE TO GET HER HAIR DONE. MITZI WOULD JUST LIGHT UP OUR HOME WITH HER BEAUTY AND PERSONALITY. WE BOTH PRAYED THAT DAY, THAT SHE WOULD PICK UP HER PHONE.WHEN MY WIFE AND I GOT MITZI'S VOICE MAIL, WE KNEW. WHEN YOU SPOKE TO MITZI, YOU ALWAYS FELT BETTER, SHE WAS THAT KIND OF ANGEL. WE WILL NEVER FORGET HER.IF HER BROTHER WITH THE DOG READS THIS, MITZI ALWAYS SPOKE OF YOU. SHE LOVED ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH.MY NAME IS JOHN, AND MY WIFES NAME IS SANDY.

Link for below:

Mary Rubina Sperando
World Trade Center

Her First Trade Show

Mary Rubina Sperando managed her different roles with an easy grace: working days, going to school at night for her master's degree, modeling on the side, while staying close to her parents, her cousins, her friends. "She was professional, organized and beautiful, inside and out," said her cousin, Catherine Lamonica. "She did for everyone, and she was always grace under fire."

Ms. Sperando, 39, known to almost everyone as Mitzi, loved the job she got last summer, as director of marketing and communications at Encompys, a high-tech company. Her poised presence in the office was hard to miss: even in the August heat, her colleagues remember, the new marketing director always made an impeccable fashion statement.

She was excited about her first trade show for the company Sept. 11, at the World Trade Center and so proud of the new sign for the Encompys booth that she invited the whole office to a 4 p.m. unveiling celebration, where as usual, she brought and served her favorite cheesecake, from Junior's.

"You name the bakery, the candy shop, she knew where it was," said her cousin. "She loved to share whatever she found."

Profile published in THE NEW YORK TIMES on November 13, 2001.

Guest Book

New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com
Tsunami check on its way
BY OWEN MORITZ
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Wednesday, January 12th, 2005

As Daily News readers continue to donate generously to tsunami relief, the paper turned over a first check for $250,000 yesterday to the worldwide relief organization Americares.
Daily News President and Chief Operating Officer Les Goodstein presented the check to Christoph Gorder, Americares' vice president of international programs.

<snip>

Paul and Fay Sperando of North Babylon, L.I., donated $1,000 "in memory of our daughter," 9/11 victim Mary Sperando

We Remember 9/11

Tribute to the Victims and Families

Mary was an inspiration when she was on this earth, and her spirit is still here with us. Helping us move on and reminding us to smile as she did everyday she was
here. In her memory just smile at a stranger and I bet they smile back :) mj kilgore
(aka mary jo stress)
mj kilgore (scottsdale, AZ )

[b]I will never forget the time when I brought my 2 year old daughter to the office, and she and Mitzi sang Italian songs together. May God bless your spirit and may you make everyone in heaven smile the way you made us smile here on earth.
Patrick Benalcazar (New York, NY )

Goodnight, my angel
Time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark
And deep inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how you
And I
Will be

~~~~Billy Joel, "Goodnight, My Angel"

2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.

8 Comments On This Entry

This is a very fine and sensitive post about Mitzi Sperando, and as both a participant in the 2,996 Project and an old work friend and colleague of Mitzi's, I want to thank you for doing such a thorough and thoughtful job.

Barry Campbell, on Sep 11 2006, 10:02 AM, said:

This is a very fine and sensitive post about Mitzi Sperando, and as both a participant in the 2,996 Project and an old work friend and colleague of Mitzi's, I want to thank you for doing such a thorough and thoughtful job.

Thank you so much. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate this. She sounds like she touched so many people and was a wonderful person. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Oh Annie, Mitzi sounded like a wonderful and beautiful person. You have truly made her seem real to someone who never knew her. :ph34r:
Great job, Annie. You made me miss Mitzi Sperando, and you almost made me like Billy Joel.
Beautiful, Annie. Thank you for taking the time to write this tribute. :hug:
Mitzi sounds like a wonderful person, now she will be a wonderful angel

Belle, on Sep 16 2006, 12:15 PM, said:

Mitzi sounds like a wonderful person, now she will be a wonderful angel

She does, doesn't she? I can't get her saying out of my mind. I think it's so perfect.

"If a baby smiles at you, they saw your angel."
Just saw your name come across the ticker on Fox News. Hoping you are at peace and praying for your friends and family. I was so honored so many years ago to get the opportunity to write about you. I look for Mitzi's name every year.
Page 1 of 1

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays