Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Parenting.....You're Doing it Right - RightNation.US

-----
Mr. Jordan is my new hero. Initially, it was the gentleman who decided to quit his job as a steward then lost his mind. So my sights were low. What can I say. How many people would love to leave their job grabbing a beer, saying what they thought, and then sliding down a giant slide?

Back to topic..

Mr. Jordan has a 15 year old daughter with a Facebook account. Mr. Jordan is also an IT guy. He gave his daughter a laptop and then a night or so ago, spent about $130.00 and quite some time upgrading her computer. How did his daughter, Hannah, repay him? By blocking her parents on her Facebook account the next day and go all teenage angst rant on his butt. Some of the things that upset Hannah was how difficult it was to do school, do chores, sweep the floor, unload the dishwasher, wipe the countertops,go to bed at 2200 and then get up at 0800. Hannah also wants cash for all her hard work around the house, doesn't feel she should get a job, etc.

Did I leave out the cursing and her mentioning something along the lines of how she isn't going to be there when her dad needs his ass wiped?

Hannah also was grounded for some time because she did something similar to the above rant. Like all teenagers, Hannah feels she is smarter than her father who is an IT guy. She didn't think her dad would be a parent and monitor her internet use. He then posted it to her Facebook account so all her friends could see it.

Dad, Mr. Jordan, decides to hit Hannah where it hurts since the previous 3 month grounding for the same thing didn't do much. He made a YouTube video reading the entire letter she posted. He makes a pretty clear argument on why her letter is such a joke. You can hear his voice trying to hold back the anger and frustration.

Anyway, take a look at how it ends. I can guarantee Hannah is no longer going to have a computer for sometime.

To me, this is a Father of the Year Nominee. I am so sick of how entitled alot of kids are with their computers, their iPods, their video games, and their mouthing off and / or lack of respect to people in general. Maybe I'm getting old but the kids these days seem to have just about everything and expect it.

I remember having a job at 15, having chores, being paid for chores not by money but by being able to do things like going to the pool, having a car but with the caveat I had to drive all my siblings where they needed to be and pick them up before I could go where I wanted with the car, and it was unwritten that we had to respect our parents.

And, someone, please explain to me what is up with parents who think a child (minor child) has any rights in their house to privacy when it comes to a computer these days? All those insane people out there online and those stories you hear...it's just frightening. Another reason why a parent like Mr. Jordan seems reasonable to me. Some of the comments on his facebook page you have to wonder----violating his child's right to privacy, destroying HER belongings (he paid for the laptop---didn't he?), etc. He is actually parenting, meaning, he is making sure she is making the right choices, being respectful, keeping her safe by monitoring her online use, and showing her there are consequences to her actions. He hopefully gave some other kids an idea that there are parents out there who are active in parenting their children and not just using the computer or TV as a babysitter.

For those that have not seen the video---it is now viral. He has close to 20,000 replies on his Facebook page and there are countless videos posted in YouTube and elsewhere in response to him. He has also managed to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy during all this. From what I read, he and his daughter are working it out and are a bit more than floored at how much of a debate this has caused.

Below is the video. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts.

Facebook Parenting for the Troubled Teen

8 Comments On This Entry

I love this guy! He' inspired me to plan something fun for the next time our teenage daughter gets in trouble.
Y'all MUST be joking. On what planet is destroying things when you're angry considered "good parenting" ??? As far as I'm concerned this father deserves the Putz Of The Year award. Sure, take the laptop away. Lock in in a cabinet, give it to a needy kid, sell it for $1 on craiglist, whatever. But, destroying it like that?

All the father has demonstrated is that, ooooh!, he's a "tough guy" and knows how to break stuff. Big whoop. I know how to break MORE stuff. What goes around, comes around.

And of course the tough guy knows how to break stuff in front of a teenage girl. I'm impressed. But let's see him break stuff in front of ME... and then let's see how many proctologists it takes to extricate the broken pieces. When I was a teen and more than a little 'troubled' and rebellious myself, that's just about how it would have escalated. I know a thing or two about escalation. I learned it from my father.

Somehow, that just doesn't seem like "good parenting" to me.
You are not his responsibility, Adam. He has no need to break anything in front of you.
It's so fun reading the facebook and YouTube comments. I only wish they revealed the posters' ages.

Glad to see you blogging, Dub. :thumbsup:

ilja, on 11 February 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

It's so fun reading the facebook and YouTube comments. I only wish they revealed the posters' ages. Glad to see you blogging, Dub. :thumbsup:

I liked reading the comments too. And I think one could almost guess the posters' ages by the comments.

Adam Smithee, on 11 February 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Y'all MUST be joking. On what planet is destroying things when you're angry considered "good parenting" ??? As far as I'm concerned this father deserves the Putz Of The Year award. Sure, take the laptop away. Lock in in a cabinet, give it to a needy kid, sell it for $1 on craiglist, whatever. But, destroying it like that?All the father has demonstrated is that, ooooh!, he's a "tough guy" and knows how to break stuff. Big whoop. I know how to break MORE stuff. What goes around, comes around. And of course the tough guy knows how to break stuff in front of a teenage girl. I'm impressed. But let's see him break stuff in front of ME... and then let's see how many proctologists it takes to extricate the broken pieces. When I was a teen and more than a little 'troubled' and rebellious myself, that's just about how it would have escalated. I know a thing or two about escalation. I learned it from my father. Somehow, that just doesn't seem like "good parenting" to me.

-regardless of just how 'tough' you think you are, there is always someone bigger and badder...

IMHO - the brat got off lucky. A 'child's worst fear is to be alone in the world - he could have said to the cops, my brat is incorrigible, I can no longer control her or make here obey, take her away. I can pretty much guarantee that would have ended ANY privileges or perks until she was out on her own paying for it herself (if she could afford it).
I think he mentioned he tried taking away the kid's laptop. Why not destroy it with exploding bullets? What? He should sell it on Craig's list to some creep who's better at digging in a computer than the child's own father is? Give it to a needy kid.....ok....where should he find a needy kid?

So, you are ok with shoving his daughter's computer up his ass and him having to go have it medically extracated but you are not ok with how "violent" he was at destroying the computer....am I right? As long as it's "given away" to some poor soul, you're not going to threaten to shove it up his ass---right?
The guy paid for the computer---he had every right to blow it up. Noone got hurt.

Tell me, Adam, you have never broken a dish or crumpled a piece of paper even because you were angry?

And, thank you, Ilja.
[quote name='Adam Smithee' timestamp='1328992300']
Y'all MUST be joking. On what planet is destroying things when you're angry considered "good parenting" ??? As far as I'm concerned this father deserves the Putz Of The Year award. Sure, take the laptop away. Lock in in a cabinet, give it to a needy kid, sell it for $1 on craiglist, whatever. But, destroying it like that?All the father has demonstrated is that, ooooh!, he's a "tough guy" and knows how to break stuff. Big whoop. I know how to break MORE stuff. What goes around, comes around. And of course the tough guy knows how to break stuff in front of a teenage girl. I'm impressed. But let's see him break stuff in front of ME... and then let's see how many proctologists it takes to extricate the broken pieces. When I was a teen and more than a little 'troubled' and rebellious myself, that's just about how it would have escalated. I know a thing or two about escalation. I learned it from my father. Somehow, that just doesn't seem like "good parenting" to me.(/quote]

When I was young and a young parent, it was not unusual for a parent to throw away, after destroying, a toy or whatever else when a child was being incorrigible. It was a tactic that worked quite well and hurt nobody. Recently, I watched a young mother break and throw away a beloved toy after one of her boys hit his brother in the eye scratching the lens and leaving a black eye. The boy had been told several times, after using various objects including his hands, to stop hitting his brother, but he wouldn't stop, even after he had already been put in time out and reprimanded several other times. So, mom took action. I say kudos to her and this dad.
Page 1 of 1

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

Posted ImageI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Posted Image

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Posted Image