Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Don't Give Up Melissa, You Aren't Dying - RightNation.US

-----
I'm sitting here listening to one of the 9/11 audiotapes of a phone call between a 9/11 operater and Melissa who was trapped on the 83rd floor.

She's asking if they are going to be able to get anyone up there. She keeps saying it is very, very hot.

The operator is telling her that it's going to take time for them to get up there. She keeps telling her to stay calm. She says there are five people with her. She says everyone is having trouble breathing, some people are worse.

No fire, she can't see. No smoke? Of course there's smoke. There's smoke, I can't breathe. I think there's fire because it's very hot everywhere on the floor.

I can't see any air anymore. All I can see is smoke.

I'm gonna die aren't I? No, no you aren't going to die. I'm going to die. No, no say your prayers.

I'm gonna die. I know I am. It's so hot, I'm burning up.

Help! Help! Oh my God. Can you find out if there's anyone on the 83rd floor? I thought I heard somebody.

Stay on the line with me please. I feel like I'm dying.

In the beginning I was getting a little irritated with the operator because she sounded like she was being short with the caller. There was some sort of conversation about Melissa's mother. I suspect Melissa asked if she could patch her through to her mother and the operator said it wasn't possible.

She is telling her that she is not dying. She is telling her to calm down.

But then after a while, once the tape started beeping out big portions of the conversation, the operator's voice changed. She kept calling out to Melissa, repeating her name over and over again.

Now she is calling for her again and saying come on baby. You can tell the operator has gotten involved with Melissa. She said nobody is talking. She thinks she hears the fire department in the background.

Then the operator started saying "Oh my God". Melissa must have responded because the operator told her to stay low, I assume to avoid being knocked out by the fumes of the smoke.

Now the operator is talking to Melissa but she isn't answering. She is telling her that she is going to get a chance to talk to her mother and that she is going to be fine. She is telling her everything is going to be fine and she will get a chance to tell her mother herself what a good mom she is. She is telling her to keep praying but no one is answering. She keeps reassuring her that everything is going to be fine and that it takes a while for them to get up the steps.

She is calling out to her again, saying her name and telling her it's going to be fine. The operator pleads with her. Please don't give up Melissa? She must have heard her say something. Maybe not.

Melissa? Melissa? Melissa? Melissa? It's going to be all right. Melissa? Melissa? Keep saying your prayers.

Now I hear the buzzing sound again for quite a while.

The operator calls Melissa again and tells her to keep on breathing. She thinks they are unconscious but is talking just in case. She's telling her to stay with us, she knows she's in a bad situation but everything is fine. Oh my God. That's what she keeps saying.

They mentioned something about everybody snoring.

The operator is talking on the radio to someone else, another rescuer? He mentions something about them being dead and she insists that they aren't dead, that they are snoring.

Now it's another 9/11 operator, a man this time and he's talking to someone from the 103rd floor. You can't hear her, only him. Her voice has been buzzed out.

He mentions the windows. He tells her he is trying his best. He says they are trying their best to get them all out. He reassuring her that they have firemen, emergency workers, everyone there to get them out as soon as they can.

Another call, a woman being advised to break a window if she has to.

I don't care if we torture the Terrorists if it will stop another 9/11 from happening. I wish those who are so concerned about the rights of the Terrorists were forced to listen to these every day.

God help us.

Elusively yours,
ilja

10 Comments On This Entry

God is with us.

I heard that same tape, Ilja. Heart wrenching; horrifically sadder than sad.

That's what makes me so crazy about being in Iraq. We're in the wrong place. We got Saddam but we didn't get the 2 main guys who started 9/11. I hope we always have a base in Iraq, which is the best result besides getting Saddam. But we have detoured long enough.

We have to put all the focus on getting Bin Laden and Zawahiri. With whatever force is necessary.

With whatever force is necessary. Complete and with all finality.
Ever notice how we, in the West (or more specifically non muslims), are supposed to wet our collective pants every damn time some islamic 'cleric' says that some facet of their religion has been insulted, and the threat of an angry "Arab street" is proclaimed?

What about the righteous anger, rage and fury of the American Street? You know, the old "sleeping giant" of the 1940's?

Bin laden and his direct followers are important, but not nearly as important as showing, by whatever means necessary, that the West is NOT going to tolerate this constant threat of death by islamic fools who find death the answer to everything on the planet.
I think what gets in our way in the West, and in America in general, is our inherent benevolent nature.

The United States is the single most generous nation of people on Earth. We give to every cause imaginable, domestic and overseas. And I am not talking offical federal foreign aid, I am talking church funds to Pygmy Ministries, kids dollars to The Heifer Project, private funds for Tsunami Relief, and on and on.

We have been taught tolerance and acceptance. We have been taught to turn the other cheek. We have been taught to choose our battles, which has been interpreted by some as a sign that we should never fight.

What we miss by our benevolent nature is that there is a time to fight, and that time is now.

I don't know whether all the people in the buildings that day truly understood what had happened to them. I suspect their needs were much more immediate, such as how to escape the inferno, the heat, the choking burning acrid smoke that was taking their breath, their health, their life away. I don't believe that too many of those who broke the windows and made the leap of death ever gave a thought that it was Islamic terrorists, bin laden's gang, or who the hell al-Zarqawi is/was. The only person there who might have had some definitive answers was John O'Neill himself.

I do have to believe though that they would want the perpetrators brought to justice. And when I say "brought to justice" I am not suggesting that it is a law enforcement issue. I mean a higher form of justice, and I believe the evil ones WILL be brought before the ultimate arbiter, and their wasted wicked lives will be found wanting.

I believe there are a great many people in this country so blinded by partisanship they would listen to the tapes or read the final words of thse folks, and mutter to themselves, "Bush's fault."

We can win this epic struggle, and make no mistake 9/11 was only the first salvo. The enemy is patient, the enemy is resourceful, the enemy is getting help from North korea, China, and Russia. The enemy will use nuclear weapons at his earliest availability to poke another finger in the eye of America.

My fear is not whether there will be more Melissas. My fear is when and how many times more Melissas there will be the next time we are struck.

FrankieHere, on Sep 19 2006, 01:24 AM, said:

God is with us.

I heard that same tape, Ilja. Heart wrenching; horrifically sadder than sad.

That's what makes me so crazy about being in Iraq. We're in the wrong place. We got Saddam but we didn't get the 2 main guys who started 9/11. I hope we always have a base in Iraq, which is the best result besides getting Saddam. But we have detoured long enough.

We have to put all the focus on getting Bin Laden and Zawahiri. With whatever force is necessary.

With whatever force is necessary. Complete and with all finality.

You talk as if we only got Osama then it would all end. Do you think we aren't trying to get him? Do you not see the difficulty in Pakistan with their current leader having to walk the line, like he is? I believe if not for him, we would have to be fighting Pakistan as well.

And isn't Zawahiri in Iraq? :hug:

Guest, on Sep 19 2006, 01:25 AM, said:

That is so sad. Reading your description made me cry (you seem to be awfully good at that lately.) I wander how the 911 operators who were talking with people in the twin towers that day are surviving. I know that one of the airport guys who took a boarding tickets from some of the terrorist at Logan has committed suicide. I wander if 911 operators face the same type of guilt. I'm adding them into my prayers.

I wish they would make the tapes part of 9/11 so we can understand what really happened that day. It seems like the breaks, the understanding is going out to the monsters that conceived and carried out this plan and not to the victims. Everytime I hear an appeaser or a democrat or a rhino speak I just want to scream at them for being so stupid that they don't understand that war was declared, we are in it and we are fighting an enemy who place no value on life or freedom.

I thought I heard that one of the helicopter pilots also took his life because he couldn't land on the roof and rescue some of them. I don't know if that is true or not though. I looked for it when I first heard about it and couldn't find it but haven't looked lately.

There was just something about this tape and listening to the voice of not only Melissa but also the 9/11 operator that really got to me. It was like in that short period of time, the operator grew to love and care about Melissa. I couldn't get her off of my mind last night and now that I'm back reading this again, I have a feeling I won't be able to tonight either.

Thank you for your kinds words Guest? :hug:
Oh. Hell. Yes.

Like you, I find that the people most concerned with the rights of the terrorists are the ones least concerned about people like Melissa. It's like they don't want to be reminded of the thousands of murders perpetuated on that day by terrorists.

ilja, on Sep 19 2006, 11:36 AM, said:

That is so sad. Reading your description made me cry (you seem to be awfully good at that lately.) I wander how the 911 operators who were talking with people in the twin towers that day are surviving. I know that one of the airport guys who took a boarding tickets from some of the terrorist at Logan has committed suicide. I wander if 911 operators face the same type of guilt. I'm adding them into my prayers.

I wish they would make the tapes part of 9/11 so we can understand what really happened that day. It seems like the breaks, the understanding is going out to the monsters that conceived and carried out this plan and not to the victims. Everytime I hear an appeaser or a democrat or a rhino speak I just want to scream at them for being so stupid that they don't understand that war was declared, we are in it and we are fighting an enemy who place no value on life or freedom.

I thought I heard that one of the helicopter pilots also took his life because he couldn't land on the roof and rescue some of them. I don't know if that is true or not though. I looked for it when I first heard about it and couldn't find it but haven't looked lately.

There was just something about this tape and listening to the voice of not only Melissa but also the 9/11 operator that really got to me. It was like in that short period of time, the operator grew to love and care about Melissa. I couldn't get her off of my mind last night and now that I'm back reading this again, I have a feeling I won't be able to tonight either.

not sure how I posted as guest...guest is me...Lyndsey. And you have gotten very good at making me cry lately. I hadn't heard about a helicopter pilot committing suicide...although I could understand how that would happen. And I'm surprise that some of the air traffic controllers didn't commit suicide...that is a hard job and that day those guys were really up against it. I could understand them cracking under pressure. heck airtraffic controller is one of the those jobs that are hard on peoples nerves to began with.
Thank you for this piece you wrote so beautifully Ilja. It touched my heart so much. Melissa is with her God now and in no pain. The operator must be so traumatized by this. All those people who were speaking to people in those buildings must be. I'm so sorry I cant be like that Nun and forgive the people that did that but I cant.

Lyndsey, on Sep 21 2006, 02:52 AM, said:

ilja, on Sep 19 2006, 11:36 AM, said:

not sure how I posted as guest...guest is me...Lyndsey. And you have gotten very good at making me cry lately. I hadn't heard about a helicopter pilot committing suicide...although I could understand how that would happen. And I'm surprise that some of the air traffic controllers didn't commit suicide...that is a hard job and that day those guys were really up against it. I could understand them cracking under pressure. heck airtraffic controller is one of the those jobs that are hard on peoples nerves to began with.

I had a feeling it was you. :)

ilja, on Sep 19 2006, 11:32 AM, said:

You talk as if we only got Osama then it would all end. Do you think we aren't trying to get him? Do you not see the difficulty in Pakistan with their current leader having to walk the line, like he is? I believe if not for him, we would have to be fighting Pakistan as well.

--Symbolically, we must get Bin Laden. We Must. Will it all end? No. Not until we imprison or remove all terrorists, and anyone that supports terrorism. GW is 100% right on that. Pakistan, I believe, is only playing games. They know where Bin Laden is. There are people in that region who bring him food, water and medical supplies. They run his video camera and run around with his sillazz tapes. Bin Laden and Zawahiri were directly responsible for 9/11. All focus needs to be on them. We have been detoured.

ilja, on Sep 19 2006, 11:32 AM, said:

And isn't Zawahiri in Iraq? :hug:

No, he's with Bin Laden.........and by all accounts there are in the caves along the Afghan/Pakistan border.
Page 1 of 1

ilja's Corny Corner

Weather

Posted Image

It was autumn, and the Indians on the remote reservation asked their new Chief if the winter was going to be cold or mild. Since he was an Indian Chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the weather was going to be. Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he replied to his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

Also, being a practical leader, after several days he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold indeed," the meteorologist at the weather service responded. So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more wood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called the National Weather Service again. "Is it going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "it's definitely going to be a very cold winter." The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of wood they could find.

Two weeks later, he called the National Weather Service again. "Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replied. "It's going to be one of the coldest winters ever."

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied, "The Indians are collecting wood like crazy."

GCFL.net

Come Fly With Me!

8 user(s) viewing

8 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

ilja's Favorite RightNation Quotes

View Postspt, on 03 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think maybe we should all go for a drink and ask for the new drink....it is called the Bin Laden...2 shots and a splash of water :drinkers: :drinkers:
Posted Image

View PostBrian Fellow, on 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sorry was busy reading a tweet from an adamant 'pro-choice' person about gun control and 'how many children have to die before we do something'?

Posted Image A perfect example of both irony and hypocrisy.

John Mauldin relates the details of a conversation he had with John Boehner, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

At the :50 Maudlin describes Boehner telling him that Obama has,
“…balls made out of marshmallows…”

View PostSonofThunder, on 26 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

If that is true, why do we see Boehner continually backing down and rolling over while Obama stands firm and never compromises?

View PostGertie Keddle, on 26 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

'Cause he's a Campfire Girl?
Posted Image

NEVER FORGET!

Staff Sgt. Matt Maupin’s long road home ended Saturday in a blaze of yellow ribbons, the silent tribute of people who lined the roads, and the respect of thousands more who filed past his coffin at a public visitation . . . “If four people showed up, that’s OK with me,” said Keith Maupin, the soldier’s father, as he took a mid-afternoon break outside the Civic Center, where many came up to him to shake his hand or give him a hug . . . Matt Maupin became the face of the war in Iraq for thousands here and across the country in April 2004, when an Arab TV station aired a tape showing the Union Township soldier kneeling and surrounded by masked men carrying automatic rifles . . .Four years and millions of prayers later, a tip from an Iraqi citizen led U.S. soldiers to the farm area northwest of Baghdad where Matt Maupin’s remains were found on March 20 . . .Scoutmaster David Bacon said the boys of Troop 511 had been well aware of the story of Matt Maupin and wanted to pay their own tribute.“I’ve talked to them many times about Matt,” said Bacon, whose cousin, Lance Cpl. David Kreuter, was killed in Iraq in 2005. “They understand it was the sacrifice of young men like Matt that gives us the freedom to meet every Monday night. There are places in the world where Boy Scouting is not allowed.” Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePFC Keith Matthew MaupinCaptured in IraqApril 9, 2004

World-Wide Abortion Counter

Posted Image

We Owe Them So Much

Posted ImageNever Mind the Cost by c.m.steppe ©2001 There's a young man far from home, Called in time of war; Sent to defend our freedom On some distant foreign shore. On some distant foreign shore. We pray You keep him safe, We pray You keep him strong, We pray You send him safely home ... For he's been away so long. For he's been away so long. There's a young woman far from home, Serving U.S.A. with pride. Her every step is strong and sure, Courage in every stride. Courage in every stride. We pray You keep her safe, We pray You keep her strong, We pray You send her safely home ... For she's been away too long. For she's been away too long. Bless those who wait their safe return. Bless those who mourn the lost. Bless those who serve this country well, Never mind the cost. Never mind the cost. God, Bless America!

Recent Entries

Disclaimer

Search My Blog

An Email From God?

I got this in an email today and though it doesn't say who wrote it, I don't doubt these things could have happened.'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL' You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.' I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night. I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.' I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered. I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan ... I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.' I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. God Posted Image