Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Keep Your Powder Dry - RightNation.US

-----

Keep Your Powder Dry

It has been my belief for the past three-and-a-half decades (and I am by no means alone) that the next world war will begin in the Middle East. Leaving aside for the nonce the fact that the world war in which we are currently embroiled began in 650 a.d., the current goings-on in Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia and Jordan are extremely worrisome. If, as is entirely too possible, rule of Egypt is secured by the Muslim Brotherhood I see it as highly probable that the other states mentioned above fall into the same sphere shortly thereafter. Adding a nuclear-armed Iran to the mix completes the recipe for disaster.

Under such a situation, the first target of such an alliance will be Israel. Odds are that the mullas in Iran will throw at least one nuke at Israel as part of a coordinated attack. The Israelis will, with no compunction, respond in kind against all her attackers. Since it is a safe bet that Israel has many more nukes than any attacker now, and probably will have more when the fit hits the shan, I would have no desire to be in any Arab state whens it all turns to worms.

And then the fun begins. As the IDF shakes off the first strike, I'd guess against Tel Aviv, and begins a serious arab touchus-kicking, China, Russia and (probably) North Korea will inevitably drawn into supporting their client states. Once that happens, America and such European allies as can be scraped together will perforce step in to help Israel.

At that point the big trick will be to keep the dust-up confined to the Mid-east. That's what everyone wanted in 1914 after the lunatic assassinated Arch-Duke Franz-Ferdinand: to keep hostilities confined to Austria and Hungary; and we all know how well that worked out. Unfortunately, I think that when the Mid-east powder keg blows the result will be the same as when the Guns of August roared.

I have this really ugly premonition that the future is essentially as laid out here. My prayer is that the events don't unfold for at least two years, by which time we should have adult leadership back at the helm.

It's going to get really nasty - right here in River City. Are you ready to defend yourself? Your family? Your community? Your state? Your country? Your world? My belief is that it will come to that. My intent is to do my part. My hope is that America and the American culture will prevail.

5 Comments On This Entry

I think the situation is extremely dangerous a la 1914 because the Muslim world isn't just a bunch of religious nuts. It's full of leftists who wear the outer shell of religious nuts. Like reverse peanut M&Ms. World War I was a progressive vs. progressive war, and this one will be no different. Progs are like the immortals in Highlander--there can only be one.
Where's Conor MacLeod with a big ole sword when we really need him?
Never got into Highlander, although I understand the premise; I can't see how a "big ole sword" will help now, or if it ever would have. Nevertheless, the idea of rolling a few well-deserving heads has much to recommend it. I fear its only a matter of time before the dominoes start to fall. Where it will end is anyone's guess. It's time to bone up on M-1.
My hope is that the arabs will be too busy fighting amongst themselves. The Saudis and most muslims are of the Sunni sect. The Iranis, Hamas and quite a few "Palestinians" along with the Muslim Brotherhood tend to be Shiites. And both sects hate each other with a passion. The Sunni Saudis aren't about to let the Iranian Shiites gain control of the region and the world's oil supplies.

leftcoast, right winger, on 08 February 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

My hope is that the arabs will be too busy fighting amongst themselves. The Saudis and most muslims are of the Sunni sect. The Iranis, Hamas and quite a few "Palestinians" along with the Muslim Brotherhood tend to be Shiites. And both sects hate each other with a passion. The Sunni Saudis aren't about to let the Iranian Shiites gain control of the region and the world's oil supplies.
I'm right there with you, but I'm not so sure that's the way to bet. If the Muslim Brotherhood gets control of Egypt (not so far-fetched idea) they would, early on, close the Suez Canal to all but arab shipping. Odds are that soon after, Iran would make a real serious attempt to similarly close the Strait of Hormuz. If the MB then adds Yemen and Jordan to their stable (also no so far-fetched), a nuclear mid-east war is inevitable regardless of what the Saudis might want.
Page 1 of 1

Recent Entries

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Tags

Search My Blog