Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: How does Obama know Ayers lives in his neighborhood? - RightNation.US

-----
The most Obama has said about his ties to William Ayers, the unrepentant domestic terrorist of the Weather Underground, comes to us via the question asked by George Stephenopolous in that famous Pennsylvania debate question, when he says:

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, whos a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. Hes not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

What you don't get in that quote are the long pauses in between some of the words as he vamps for a non-damning response:

Video of response

He sure seems to know a lot about a guy just living down the street, wouldn't you say?

We know there's a background and history behind the Obama-Ayers connection, but this answer is phrased to whitewash his deep relationship to the man as if there even was one - to gloss over it as if their ties mean nothing or at least that they were so loose as to not exist at all.

So, if that's what he wants people to think, how would he KNOW where Ayers lives?

And the last part is Obama a little shaken with the question as he tries to throw a bucket of water on the fire: "He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis."

What are we to make of these "just words"?

Instead of 'with', he uses 'from'. It's incorrect syntax most likely because he was churning what to say in his mind and out came the wrong word, or was it? Maybe he meant "...not somebody I GET ideas from..." because presumably the elder Ayers was a mentor to Obama in the minds of those knowing there are ties. We are left with a hybrid statement that comes out awkward - this from the most eloquent speaker of modern times.

And this "...on a regular basis."??? Why not say NEVER, Senator?

What do we take from that? That it happens, just not regularly because afterall, he just lives in the neighborhood? Maybe when they bump into one another at the arugula store, they chat about community organizing and about how the ACORN thing is going.

If indeed there is NO current relationship he should have said "I know where the guy lives, he's an EDUCATION professor and we never talk to one another. I haven't seen nor heard from this man since we served together on the board for the Woods Fund. In fact, since working together on that board, we've NEVER spoken"

But he didn't.

And why would Bill Ayers "officially endorse" Obama? What would be the upside to a public endorsement from a know unrepentant domestic terrorist? There isn't one!!!! So that piece of mealmouthed doublespeak is meant to confuse those that think as long as there's no "official endorsement", there's no there there, and all is well. This isn't to say Ayers doesn't endorse Obama, we KNOW he does.

I also think he either mixed up Education (which is what Ayers teaches) and English because he was busy crafting his response in his head, or maybe it was a deliberate attempt to seem like he really doesn't know what the guy does.

But we know the truth, don't we?

And I think the whole country will be finding out over the next 4 weeks.

stick

3 Comments On This Entry

I notice that you caught that he says he has not received an "official" endorsement from him? What does that mean precisely? That he did not get up at some gala event and give a speech endorsing him? I agree with you why would he? He did something better. He financed him. How good the Dems are at parsing words. I wonder if Billy taught him what the meaning of is is?

katnapper, on Oct 6 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

I notice that you caught that he says he has not received an "official" endorsement from him? What does that mean precisely? That he did not get up at some gala event and give a speech endorsing him? I agree with you why would he? He did something better. He financed him. How good the Dems are at parsing words. I wonder if Billy taught him what the meaning of is is?

I take it to mean Ayers hasn't :shrug: since Obama annouced he was running for POTUS. That would make it official.
Over and above the outright false statement (lie) about how well he knows Ayers, everything about that answer was weird.
However, I fear that like Mrs Clinton, McCain has waited to long for Nobama to self destruct, and is now chasing a train on the downhill slope.
JMO
Page 1 of 1

Stuff

Posted Image

Recent Entries

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog