RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: "The Bureau Breaks into Spontaneous Cheers" - RightNation.US

17 Comments On This Entry

Thank you for this entry. It helped.

I struggle with nuances and double/triple meanings. I try not to knee jerk, and to give possible reasons time. And when I do it is more likely I will discern truth from error/ right from wrong. . . but often I'm clueless as to "why."

And it impresses me that your daughter seems to have accepted your explanation--or at least she didn't discard them immediately.

Some of my kids see me as a crazy King Lear, howling at the injustice of the media/world. But some of them still come to me with questions. And when they do I try to leave my foil hat in the other room. ;)

You're a good mom, Jax. (Even if your life hasn't played out like a 1960's sitcom. I think nobody's has. Even the family's who seem to be all together have unseen problems.)

“Please don’t nag yourself with thoughts of failure. Don’t set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know how and the Lord will accept your effort.” GBH
Well done, Jax. :thumbsup: And you're exactly right: Employees at a wire service cheering the SCOTUS decision goes a long way in demonstrating your point.
I was watching Fox News as the decision came down. They first reported it overruled, however, it was Megan Kelly(damn she is hot) who said hold on, according SCOTUSblog, the decision was upheld. This happened in a matter of maybe two minutes.

That the AP wanted this to go one way, is entirely predictable.

And like you, I am trying to teach my child, now children, not to believe what they are spoon fed, but to always verify it for yourself. Unfortunately, this seems to not be the norm these days.

Unless we teach our children to push back the indoctrination, we are doomed as a nation.

wag-a-muffin, on 08 July 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Thank you for this entry. It helped. I struggle with nuances and double/triple meanings. I try not to knee jerk, and to give possible reasons time. And when I do it is more likely I will discern truth from error/ right from wrong. . . but often I'm clueless as to "why." And it impresses me that your daughter seems to have accepted your explanation--or at least she didn't discard them immediately. Some of my kids see me as a crazy King Lear, howling at the injustice of the media/world. But some of them still come to me with questions. And when they do I try to leave my foil hat in the other room. ;)You're a good mom, Jax. (Even if your life hasn't played out like a 1960's sitcom. I think nobody's has. Even the family's who seem to be all together have unseen problems.)“Please don’t nag yourself with thoughts of failure. Don’t set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know how and the Lord will accept your effort.” GBH

And thank you for this, Wags. I'm not sure any of us will ever truly understand the "why" of this decision. My sense is that Roberts' intentions were good, but perhaps misguided. Regardless, we're left with a troubling decision & a lot of big question marks.

More than anything, thank you for the words of encouragement on the parenting front - you know as well as anyone the doubts that can creep in there -- Especially as we venture into the adolescent years!!
Thanks, Monty - I couldn't let that pass without commenting!
  • 4 Pages +
  • Last »

Recent Entries

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Tags

Search My Blog