Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: A Scary Prayer? - RightNation.US

-----

A Scary Prayer?

I've been out of work for a pretty long time now. About half a year or there abouts. Luckily I had saved enough that I could survive, but things were starting to look ify recently. On the job front things seemed especially bleak. I would only receive positive responses from a couple out of many applications I sent in to companies. Of those responses, which were phone interviews, most ended with the dreaded "we'll let you know".

However, a couple of weeks ago I had a phone interview with a company who asked me to go to a physical interview at their company. Joy! Being a programmer, and this being a programming job, they asked me a programming question, logic question, and math question, in that order. I did ok on the programming question, slam-dunked the logic question, and fell flat on my face for the math question (as it involved circle math, and that made me panic).

So I call my parents and tell them all of these goings-ons. Both of them say they'll pray for me, but my mom says she'll pray that God will grant me the job if it's right for me.

...That's kind of a scary prayer, isn't it? But thinking about it, it's better. Scary, but better. God does know best, regardless of what I want. I may want this job simply to have that income and stability, but maybe God does have other plans for me? Like I said, scary.

This isn't the only time I've thought in these terms though. It's something I've struggled with for years. God always knows best, so it'd always be better for decisions to be in His hands. But sometimes this can be an impossible idea to cope with. What if we just really want something so bad, darn the consequences? We want that job because not having it means poverty or credit problems or who knows what else. We want a loved one to recover from an illness. Yet there exists this real chance that what we want goes against the will of God. There's a real chance that God has something else in store for us or for others. Scary. Sometimes down right terrifying.

Sometimes when I'm thinking in these terms I pray that His will be done, but add that I want a particular outcome. Do you think God changes His plan for us sometimes? A question I don't have an answer to. Sometimes I hope He does.

In the end, though, perhaps the best prayer is to give us the strength to accept His will for us. To remind us that while times can get bleak, He is indeed carrying us through, and He's leading us for a purpose.

As for the job, I did receive word that they want to hire me. It's a joyous occasion when God's will aligns with our selfish desires. Or did God change His plan just for lil' ol' me? :coolshades:

6 Comments On This Entry

I don't know. My mom always said even though God knows everything she kind of hoped she could "surprise" Him by doing more good than He thought she'd do.Congratulations on your job.
Congrats, Bob! I don't know the answer to that question, either. But I do know He answers prayers. I'm glad His answer this time was the one you wanted! :P

wag-a-muffin, on 22 January 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

I don't know. My mom always said even though God knows everything she kind of hoped she could "surprise" Him by doing more good than He thought she'd do.Congratulations on your job.
Thanks :)Maybe He can be surprised by us...I just don't know! I guess it ultimately comes down to whether we do have choice, or if all is pre-determined.

Jax, on 22 January 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

Congrats, Bob! I don't know the answer to that question, either. But I do know He answers prayers. I'm glad His answer this time was the one you wanted! :P
Thank you :P
I believe that some things are fore-ordained, but not pre-destined. God knows what's best for us, but we still have choice. I try, try, try, in my prayers say "if it be Thy will". I know I don't always mean it, but I do try. I also believe that God ALWAYS answers our prayers. Sometimes it's yes, sometimes it's no, and sometimes it's be patient.Congratulations on the job!
Congrats, Bob. We are in the same boat. The wife has been out of work since May. We have been surviving on my paycheck and savings. I may have to pick up a second job when the savings get too low.

One of the passages I hang on to is:

Jer 29:11 For I know the purposes which I am planning for you, says Jehovah; purposes of peace, and not for evil; to give you posterity and a hope.
Jer 29:12 Then you shall call on Me, and you shall go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
Page 1 of 1

Recent Entries

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Tags

Search My Blog