Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: All Time Greatest Guitar Riff - RightNation.US

Jump to content

-----

Poll: All Time Greatest Guitar Riff (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What song has the greatest guitar riff of all time?

  1. Back in Black (5 votes [23%])

    Percentage of vote: 23%

  2. Smoke on the Water (3 votes [14%])

    Percentage of vote: 14%

  3. Black Dog (3 votes [14%])

    Percentage of vote: 14%

  4. Iron Man (2 votes [10%])

    Percentage of vote: 10%

  5. China Grove (1 votes [5%])

    Percentage of vote: 5%

  6. Satisfaction (1 votes [5%])

    Percentage of vote: 5%

  7. Sweet Child O Mine (3 votes [14%])

    Percentage of vote: 14%

  8. Money for Nothin (2 votes [10%])

    Percentage of vote: 10%

  9. Enter Sandman (1 votes [5%])

    Percentage of vote: 5%

  10. You Really Got Me (1 votes [5%])

    Percentage of vote: 5%

Vote Guests cannot vote
This one is going to get me into trouble. Here, I'll save you some time. Just copy and past the following into the comments and fill in the blank...

"You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list___________!"

But if you can find it in your heart to humor me, go ahead and vote on one of the songs on this list as well.

My Mind is Clean
0
  Like

42 Comments On This Entry

"...You forgot to list the outrun from 'The Wall' (At the end without the screaming part)!"
0
You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!"
0
How about the opening riff from Spirit of Radio....just hearing it makes me wanna begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive.
I do seem to have a certain towards a particular band though ;)
0

scotsman, on 02 July 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!"

Whoa! Where did that come from? What'd I ever do to you? :whistling:
0

GrumpyOldMan, on 02 July 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

How about the opening riff from Spirit of Radio....just hearing it makes me wanna begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive.I do seem to have a certain towards a particular band though ;)

One of my favorites as well.
0

smithroad, on 02 July 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

"...You forgot to list the outrun from 'The Wall' (At the end without the screaming part)!"

I think I know what you're talking about. How about a clip?
0

Mr. Naron, on 02 July 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

scotsman, on 02 July 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!"
Whoa! Where did that come from? What'd I ever do to you? :whistling:


The greatest guiitar riff of all time IS "Whole lotta love". PERIOD!!! There isn't even a close second!!!:hairpull:
0

conspunk, on 02 July 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 02 July 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

scotsman, on 02 July 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!"
Whoa! Where did that come from? What'd I ever do to you? :whistling:
The greatest guiitar riff of all time IS "Whole lotta love". PERIOD!!! There isn't even a close second!!!:hairpull:

Sorry. It doesn't make me want to fight, get drunk, make friends, grab my woman, steal a car and become a better person all at the same time. Only Back in Black does that.
0
You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list guitar riffs from any and every song by Cream, especially White Room, Badge, Swalbr, Sunshine of your Love, Politician,Siting on Top of the World, Spoonful, NSU, Crossroads...oops, wife just called me to dinner. BTW, I am just a fat idiot, hair still intact!
0

Mr. Naron, on 02 July 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

It doesn't make me want to fight, get drunk, make friends, grab my woman, steal a car and become a better person all at the same time. Only Back in Black does that.


Out of the songs you listed, yeah, I think I have to agree.
0
I love almost all of those listed, but I gotta pick You Really Got Me. (or more specifically Eruption) Given the fact that when it debuted nobody really knew how the hell he was doing it on just one guitar and how he pushed guitar rock to a whole new level, I can't imagine picking another one. Best on sheer finger speed alone.
0

Mr. Naron, on 02 July 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

conspunk, on 02 July 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 02 July 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

scotsman, on 02 July 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

You balding, fat idiot! You forgot to list WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!"
Whoa! Where did that come from? What'd I ever do to you? :whistling:
The greatest guiitar riff of all time IS "Whole lotta love". PERIOD!!! There isn't even a close second!!!:hairpull:
Sorry. It doesn't make me want to fight, get drunk, make friends, grab my woman, steal a car and become a better person all at the same time. Only Back in Black does that.


I have loved ACDC since the 70's so I'm definitely not going to slam them, but I don't even think Back in Black is the best guitar work. There are so many from Dirty Deeds, Shoot to Thrill, Whole Lotta Rosie - etc. My favorite song is Its a Long Road to the Top if you Wanna Rock and Roll. Any time you can combine guitar and bagpipes, well....

If we were to pick the best guitar work over an entire career, its Angus hands down. At least he never went for the electric organ when the fingers slowed down. He just pumped out one after another.
0
This one should also be considered as one of the all time greatest.

0
The Wall - from 7:10-8:20, It isn't frantic finger work. It is an angry song but at the end it seems to just float away in the guitar riff (until some guy *the teacher* starts screaming).
0
Johnny B. Goode Chuck Berry

My favorite is Hotel California.
0
Layla.

I forgot Layla.
0

horseman, on 02 July 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

Layla.I forgot Layla.



Layla is my vote. :yeahthat:
0
Layla is my vote too!
0

horseman, on 02 July 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

Layla.I forgot Layla.





Layla! That's my vote! Second place would be Roundabout !
0
i voted for Black Dog....

But I have always like the beginning of Van Halen's ....... Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love
0
  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

5 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
1 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.