Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: When did the New York Times Become an Obama Super PAC? - RightNation.US

-----
2008, I know. Still, as obvious as it has been since The One cast his spell on the NYT editors, today's job report might as well be narrated by Tom Hanks:

In yet another sign of a strengthening recovery, the United States added 227,000 net jobs in February, the third consecutive month of gains over 200,000. The unemployment rate was unchanged from 8.3 percent in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, as nearly a half million people who had been staying on the sidelines rejoined the search for work.

The headline reads: U.S. Extends Its Run of Strong Job Growth Another Month.

Now, compare that to this CNN headline when the unemployment rate was 4.7%:

Job Loss Erased, but Danger Lurks

This headline was prompted by the skyrocketing unemployment rate from 4.6% to 4.7%. I don't know how we made it through such dark times.

Today's CNN Money headline is: Obama's Dilemma: More Jobs, Same Unemployment Rate. See, they're pretending to be objective by posing it as mixed news. Then, if you look below the headline to the links to more economic news, you see headlines like: Stocks Rise After Strong Jobs Report and Good jobs news means Fed should sit tight - The Buzz. Below those links are apologetic lines about why the unemployment situation is so bad and how hard it is to get a job.

We all knew after Gallup released its 9.1% unemployment rate yesterday that this was going to happen. The "it's the economy, stupid" calculation of the early 1990s is now out the window. It's the media, stupid. They'll tell you what all these complicated numbers mean. An 8.3% unemployment rate--which is really 9.1%? That's good news, you ignorant peasants. A 4.7% rate? That's a warning sign that danger is lurking around the corner. It's evidence that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Disgusting.

Follow Me on Twitter

My Mind is Clean

2 Comments On This Entry

It's why, as I said in your other column, the Bureau of Lies and statistics no longer has any credibility. The raw data itself is meaningless and can be easily spun into whatever by either side. The true story is in quality not quantity.

The true jobs picture could EASILY be had by getting the IRS to disclose how many new W2s are filed each month for various income levels. For that matter the IRS could EASILY set the record straight on the whole employment/unemployment/underemployment picture.

I mean, SERIOUSLY. As a business owner if I want to know how well the business is doing I'm going to ask the accountant (IRS) not the HR person (BLS). Duh.

But I double dog dare you to ask ANY politician for those numbers.

Adam Smithee, on 09 March 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

It's why, as I said in your other column, the Bureau of Lies and statistics no longer has any credibility. The raw data itself is meaningless and can be easily spun into whatever by either side. The true story is in quality not quantity.The true jobs picture could EASILY be had by getting the IRS to disclose how many new W2s are filed each month for various income levels. For that matter the IRS could EASILY set the record straight on the whole employment/unemployment/underemployment picture.I mean, SERIOUSLY. As a business owner if I want to know how well the business is doing I'm going to ask the accountant (IRS) not the HR person (BLS). Duh.But I double dog dare you to ask ANY politician for those numbers.

I'm asking. They all read my blog, you know. Especially the comments.
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

3 Guests
1 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

+rogerg

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.