Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Kirk Cameron Mans Up - RightNation.US

-----

Kirk Cameron Mans Up

I've had my share of fun at former Growing Pains star, Kirk Cameron's, expense. I still haven't seen his movie, Fire Proof, yet because he's not believable as a fireman. If there was a fire and he had to rescue me, I think I'd have to revive myself and carry him out.

I've also admitted that there's something I don't like about his earnestness and boyscout persona.

But I have to give him man credit for how he's handled the latest blatant liberal media pit bull attack:

Even after Cameron explained that the "edited down" quote "certainly didn't reflect my full heart on the matter," Curry still asserted he was encouraging hate: "Do you feel any responsibility saying words like that, that might encourage people to feel that it's okay to treat mistreat gay people?"

When he went on Piers Morgan to promote his new film about American history, Morgan tried to drag him into the weeds like the media always does these days. Cameron stepped up:

Cameron pushed back and cited Morgan's blatant bias on the issue: "Nobody should mistreat anybody....what I think this reveals is that the interviewer that asked me these questions even used the words with me, "I think your views are destructive" so what that shows me is that all of us who really think deeply about social issues, like gay marriage, and abortion, and homosexuality, have convictions on issues."

Anyone who feels less safe because of anything Kirk Cameron says is a noodle-spined sissy girl. the guy has opinions informed by his faith. He's not advocating violence or mistreatment of any group of people. So if his opinion offends you, you're the wuss, not him.

Here's his best line:

"I was surprised, frankly, that people were surprised by the things that I said, because I have been consistent for 15 years as a Christian....What I would have thought was more newsworthy is if I had said something that contradicted the Word of God. If I had contradicted my faith."

Christians are constantly berated for not living up to their own principles. Here's a guy doing just that, and it's still not good enough.

I know I have gay, atheist and Mormon friends that read my blog, and I know they can't stand Cameron. I don't make fun him because I want to curry favor with anyone. I say what I say because I believe it and want to say it. Like right now.

I stand with Kirk Cameron on this issue. If people don't want to hear it, they shouldn't ask.

Again, no one should feel unsafe about anything Kirk Cameron says. But now that I'm saying it, fear. Fear for your lives.

:D

My Mind is Clean

11 Comments On This Entry

I agree. The man stands on his own well known principles, and is not a threat to anyone. Don't like what he believes, don't read, watch or listen. Geeze. Some people. It is true, I guess, conservatives are way more tolerant than libs. We just turn the channel when we don't like something, we don't try to take it off the air.:coffeenpc:
I like Kirk Cameron. I admire his ability to stand tall and stand firm in his beliefs in a business dead set on ruining him for having those beliefs. And he's stuck either way... if he stands by his convictions he's called a hater... if he went against them and agreed with the godless masses he'd be vilified as a hypocrite... let the haters hate him, I'd sure rather be Kirk Cameron on judgement day than Piers Morgan... just playing the odds there, not hating on anyone :) And, IMHO, Fireproof is an awesome movie and well worth watching :)

bwana50, on 20 March 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I like Kirk Cameron. I admire his ability to stand tall and stand firm in his beliefs in a business dead set on ruining him for having those beliefs. And he's stuck either way... if he stands by his convictions he's called a hater... if he went against them and agreed with the godless masses he'd be vilified as a hypocrite... let the haters hate him, I'd sure rather be Kirk Cameron on judgement day than Piers Morgan... just playing the odds there, not hating on anyone :) And, IMHO, Fireproof is an awesome movie and well worth watching :)

I'll make it my goal to watch during my week off...which is this week. Have you seen Courageous? Excellent. But stay away from The 5th Quarter. Terrible.
I haven't seen courageous yet... I plan to go get it Friday when I am out and about... if I can find my car keys before then...

bwana50, on 20 March 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I haven't seen courageous yet... I plan to go get it Friday when I am out and about... if I can find my car keys before then...

Where'd you see them last? ;)
I was disappointed in Fireproof like I am a lot of Christians movies. Though it wasn't Kirk that messed it up but the non-actress who played his wife. I sure wish Christian film-makers would start hiring more real actors.

As for what Kirk said, heck yeah! :thumbsup:

Is heck considered a cuss word? :unsure:
I last saw them in the car... driving home for church... a week and a half ago... didn't hang them on the hook and boy, is my hubby not letting me live that one down... checked my purse, pockets... they have to be somewhere, because I got home :) We moved all sorts of stuff around (spring break = basement remodel) so they could be anywhere!

ilja... I thought the acting wasn't all that great... but the idea was good! and I think we can let heck slide... this time...

bwana50, on 20 March 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

I last saw them in the car... driving home for church... a week and a half ago... didn't hang them on the hook and boy, is my hubby not letting me live that one down... checked my purse, pockets... they have to be somewhere, because I got home :) We moved all sorts of stuff around (spring break = basement remodel) so they could be anywhere!ilja... I thought the acting wasn't all that great... but the idea was good! and I think we can let heck slide... this time...

Posted Image

Yeah, I liked the story. I'm just wanting Christian film makers to up their game (quality-wise) if they want to get their message out past their built-in audience.

ilja, on 20 March 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

I was disappointed in Fireproof like I am a lot of Christians movies. Though it wasn't Kirk that messed it up but the non-actress who played his wife. I sure wish Christian film-makers would start hiring more real actors. As for what Kirk said, heck yeah! :thumbsup: Is heck considered a cuss word? :unsure:

I used to live in Albany, Georgia--the town that is home to Sherwood Baptist Church. This is the church that made Fireproof, Courageous, and Facing the Giants (high school football flick--their first big movie). I personally know people that were in those movies and/or involved in the production somehow. I think that they just aren't big enough yet to be able to hire better actors. The messages and stories are great, but they aren't big budget movies.

As to the original post from Chris....I (a Mormon) like what I know of Kirk Cameron. Maybe he has said something that would cause me not to, and I just haven't heard it.

GRITS, on 21 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

ilja, on 20 March 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

I was disappointed in Fireproof like I am a lot of Christians movies. Though it wasn't Kirk that messed it up but the non-actress who played his wife. I sure wish Christian film-makers would start hiring more real actors. As for what Kirk said, heck yeah! :thumbsup: Is heck considered a cuss word? :unsure:
I used to live in Albany, Georgia--the town that is home to Sherwood Baptist Church. This is the church that made Fireproof, Courageous, and Facing the Giants (high school football flick--their first big movie). I personally know people that were in those movies and/or involved in the production somehow. I think that they just aren't big enough yet to be able to hire better actors. The messages and stories are great, but they aren't big budget movies. As to the original post from Chris....I (a Mormon) like what I know of Kirk Cameron. Maybe he has said something that would cause me not to, and I just haven't heard it.

He's got the same theological differences with Mormons that all other denominations have with them, but for some reason some Mormons find him intolerant.
Although I am no fonder of “the media” than the next guy, Cameron (and his supporters) can hardly complain since it’s “the media” that made him a celebrity in the first place. He agreed to appear on a talk show (I.E.: “the media”), has a new movie he wants to market (I.E.: “the media”), and apparently has a message which he wants to be exposed to a larger audience via… dare I say it… “the media”. Nobody forced him into a public interview; and although I deplore ambush tactics, he should pull up his big boy pants and stop bitzing.

I think the larger issue is how “faithful” celebrities (and others) are apparently so lacking in self-awareness and reality connectivity that they can’t even tell when they are being offensive to the public at large. How about this: Turn to your very own parents and tell them that their marriage is somehow destructive to civilization itself. For Heaven’s sake, how the hell do you think they’re going to react? Uh-duh?

I readily admit that other celebrities used ***ahem*** “the media” to make known their own ridiculous opinions but in the context of “who the hell cares?”… so what? This is a tempest in a teakettle.

Page 1 of 1

2 user(s) viewing

2 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.