Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Teacher Gets Schooled on Gun Rights - RightNation.US

-----
Breitbart has this video of a Chicago classroom up, and the focus seems to be on the attempted indoctrination. I'm extremely heartened by the student's superior grasp of the issue:

If you can't get the video to work, here's the dialogue...

Williams: Right now in Springfield, they are moving to pass conceal and carry so that everybody can carry guns. Are you all in agreement with that?
Student: Um...I am because I think if you take away guns from regular citizens, the criminals and the police are the only ones who have them, so...
Williams: did you look at this?
[At that point, she held up a list to young people who have been killed with guns.]
Student: Yes, ma'am, I did.
Williams: How many of these kids on here are able to carry a gun?
Student: None of them.
Williams: And they are the leading targets.

The teacher responds with a complete non sequitur. What does "and they are the leading targets" have to do with what the student said? And who is targeting them. She goes on to talk about random gun violence, which by definition, means no one specific is the target. The student got it exactly right: None of the victims on that list were allowed to carry guns, so they had no way to protect themselves from AK-47s from that evil red state, Indiana. Don't you just love how it's always an AK-47?

It is sad that these students have such poorly prepared and utterly dishonest teachers (do you really think those NRA emails are real?). But it's encouraging that even in Chicago there are young people who understand the basic logic behind the 2nd Amendment.

My Mind is Clean

5 Comments On This Entry

The woman teacher (Ms. Clarke) is telling one bald faced lie after another, especially about the NRA and their so called positions on this subject.

She also doesn't stay on the subject at all, jumps from one thing to another because she doesn't know what in the hell she's even talking about.

In her example, she told how a kid went and illegally purchased an AK-47 in Indiana, brought it back home across state lines (yet another crime) and committed a crime with it.(Yeah, she probably made that up too.)

How in the hell does this have a damned thing to do with LEGAL carry?

She needs to be held accountable for telling such outright lies.

AND, I'm sure that this purely political stunt is not listed anywhere in the school's curriculim either? A big violation in teaching ethics?

These people should be in big trouble over this attempt to brainwash the kids and fill their heads with nothing but flat out lies.

As a lifetime NRA member, I think that I will bring this video to their attention.

Rock N, on 25 April 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

How in the hell does this have a damned thing to do with LEGAL carry?

Nothing. It's just that ignorant, bigoted, lying "educators" like Clarke can't tell the difference.
The most dangerous part of this is who is the man doing the talking? He's the true danger. Raising awareness, etc. Is this guy even paid to teach? This is nothing but marxist indoctrination. "We call ourselves American's? This is embarrassing! The number of black kids in college versus the number of kids in jail." That's not teaching that is inciting.

What is immoral is your imprisoned indoctrination that is ongoing around our nation. I guarantee you this is happening daily around the US by people just like these two.
This is typical of what goes on in most social based curricular classrooms. They simply appeal to emotion in order to drive home their message. They do so by ignoring facts, making irrational and illogical arguments, and simply making stuff up.
How many of those victims were killed by ILLEGALLY OBTAINED firearms?

Yeah....thought so.
Page 1 of 1

6 user(s) viewing

6 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.