Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Obama: I Can Sing - RightNation.US

-----

Obama: I Can Sing

Of course you can. You're brilliant at everything. And no one loves you more than Rolling Stone magazine:

What do you read regularly to keep you informed or provide you with perspectives beyond the inner circle of your advisers?
[Laughs] Other than Rolling Stone?

That goes without saying.
I don't watch a lot of TV news. I don't watch cable at all. I like The Daily Show, so sometimes if I'm home late at night, I'll catch snippets of that. I think Jon Stewart's brilliant. It's amazing to me the degree to which he's able to cut through a bunch of the nonsense for young people in particular, where I think he ends up having more credibility than a lot of more conventional news programs do.

I spend a lot of time just reading reports, studies, briefing books, intelligence assessments.

So, Sarah Palin's mistake in answering this question was not kissing Jon Stewart's butt first before not really answering the question. In fact, Obama proves in this answer that he didn't really understand the question. "Beyond the inner circle of your advisers" means everything but "reports, studies, briefing books, intelligence assessments". Oh, but you're so brilliant, Mr. President. You watch the same comically low rated TV show I do. Here, let me help you by giving you some examples of what I want you to say (because, dude, you really botched this question by sucking up and then talking about TV and how you don't watch cable but watch Jon Stewart who's on cable).

Newspapers?
I'll thumb through all the major papers in the morning. I'll read the Times and Wall Street Journal and Washington Post, just to catch up.

Do you read Paul Krugman?
I read all of the New York Times columnists. Krugman's obviously one of the smartest economic reporters out there, but I also read some of the conservative columnists, just to get a sense of where those arguments are going. There are a handful of blogs, Andrew Sullivan's on the Daily Beast being an example, that combine thoughtful analysis with a sampling of lots of essays that are out there. The New Yorker and The Atlantic still do terrific work. Every once in a while, I sneak in a novel or a nonfiction book.

I thought you were going to say Playboy.
No [laughs].

Yes.

Har har har. We're so funny arent' we Mr. President?

But here's the height of cocky boor meets sycophantic leg humper:

Most people, when you ask them to sing in public, get kind of nervous about it they don't really want to do it. But you got up there at the Apollo Theater and nailed Al Green. What was going through your head when they asked you to do it? Did you know you were going to nail it?

The truth is, here's exactly what happened. It was my fifth event of the day. It's about 10:30 at night, and we go up to the Apollo. I wanted to hear Al Green. The guys who were working the soundboard in the back, a couple of real good guys, they say, "Oh, man, you missed the Reverend, but he was terrific, he was in rare form." So I was frustrated by that. Since I was on my fifth event and had been yakking away for several hours on all kinds of policy stuff, I just kind of broke into a rendition of "Let's Stay Together." And they're like, "Oh, so the president, you can sing, man. You should do that onstage." [Senior adviser] Valerie Jarrett was with us, and she was like [whispers, making a slashing motion across his throat], "No, no..." I said, "Yeah, I'll do that. You don't think I can do that onstage?" I looked at [press secretary] Jay Carney, and he was tired too, and he said, "Yeah, go for it." So I went up there and we did it.

I can sing. I wasn't worried about being able to hit those notes.

What was going through your head when you made me feel funny like the time we used to climb the rope in gym class? Were you nervous when you got up there to be awesome. I was nervous for you.

Look, this is the same Rolling Stone whose editing staff still hasn't inducted the following into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KISS and Rush. So it should come as no surprise that they would treat him, a man as un-rock and roll as can be, like he's Madonna about to be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame.

If, as Dick Morris is predicting, the mainstream media ends up turning on Obama, Rolling Stone will be one of the last ones hanging on. It'll be them on one leg and Chris Matthews on the other.

My Mind is Clean

8 Comments On This Entry

The mainstream media turning on Obama? What kind of alternative Star Trek TNG timeline did that thought cross over from?

They'll pull a Jonestown before they quit bowing th "Teh Won".
I wish you could edit these things....

Not "th", but "to"....

Crawdaddy550, on 26 April 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

The mainstream media turning on Obama? What kind of alternative Star Trek TNG timeline did that thought cross over from?They'll pull a Jonestown before they quit bowing th "Teh Won".

I got it from Dick Morris...

“There are two factors that make the media liberal,” Morris said. “One is that the reporters are liberal, but the other fact is that the media tends to react to what it last did badly. So, for example, it was relatively mild toward Bush during the early years of his administration after 9/11. And then it overcompensated by being too harsh during the Iraq war. And then when Obama got elected they said, ‘Oh wow, we just ruined a presidency with Bush. Maybe we’ll be nicer to Obama.’ And I think you will begin to see a bit of a pendulum swing against Obama even though the media itself is liberal.”

I don't necessarily agree with him, but it at least sounds plausible.

Do you read Paul Krugman?
I read all of the New York Times columnists. Krugman's obviously one of the smartest economic reporters out there, but I also read some of the conservative columnists, just to get a sense of where those arguments are going. There are a handful of blogs...

Krugman? Krugman ???? Well, there are worse economists I suppose. Krugman is way too much into the righteousness of income redistribution for me. Or maybe that's what Obama sees in him.

If I had to pick an economist who is generally conservative in overall outlook even if occasionally a bit liberal on specific points, someone whom I mostly agreed with but was independant enough that I thought I could 'sell' them to a Democrat president, I'd pick Robert Reich. Paul Krugman wouldn't even be on the short list.

Adam Smithee, on 26 April 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Do you read Paul Krugman?I read all of the New York Times columnists. Krugman's obviously one of the smartest economic reporters out there, but I also read some of the conservative columnists, just to get a sense of where those arguments are going. There are a handful of blogs...
Krugman? Krugman ???? Well, there are worse economists I suppose. Krugman is way too much into the righteousness of income redistribution for me. Or maybe that's what Obama sees in him.If I had to pick an economist who is generally conservative in overall outlook even if occasionally a bit liberal on specific points, someone whom I mostly agreed with but was independant enough that I thought I could 'sell' them to a Democrat president, I'd pick Robert Reich. Paul Krugman wouldn't even be on the short list.

Reich is on my short list, too. Not because he's a good economist, though.

Mr. Naron, on 26 April 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Oooh, I walked right into that one.

Adam Smithee, on 26 April 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 26 April 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Oooh, I walked right into that one.

See what I did there?
Just for fun, here are some samples of "[The New] 'Rolling Stone' Album Guide," printed during the W years:

Referring to Rage Against the Machine: "It's hard to say whether it was [the band's] good fortune or misfortune to have flourished during the Clinton years rather than the Constitution-shredding age of John Ashcroft, when a revolution-rallying rock band led by a black man and a Chicano would surely have confronted the specter of Guantanamo Bay....".

About the aftermath of RATM's stormy run: "After which another good band on the way to greatness bit the dust. Truly a loss for the ages, especially in this age of right-wing terror. A ***damn pity too."

On Donna Summer: "[Her] discography falls apart after 1980: She divorced, changed labels and producers several times, remarried proclaimed herself born again, moved to Nashville Not much of her post-1980 work is in print. (Hard to say why; maybe God is punishing her for blaspheming her gay fans.)"

RS, in its special edition of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time," was absolutely gleeful in relating Bush's gaffe on Oprah Winfrey's T.V. show back in 2000 that his favorite song was "Wake Up, Little Susie" by Buddy Holly; it was actually done by the Everly Brothers.

The magazine used to be more balanced in its political coverage before the 1990's, but clearly it is all about stumping for the Dems now.
Page 1 of 1

11 user(s) viewing

11 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Features and Blog Roll

Posted ImagePosted Image
What Folks Are Saying About The Conservative Mindcleaner:
Jonah Goldberg of National Review says:"Uh Oh!"
Vox Day says: "A man after my own heart"

Chris's thought-provoking commentary and his sensible conservatism keeps California from falling further to the left and disappearing into the Pacific. He's a teacher, football fan and an all-around down to earth guy.-Leland Lyerla (The Southern Illinoisian Sports)

To add your testimonial, email me at chris.naron@gmail.com

Not a member of RightNation.us? Post comments on The Conservative Mindcleaner Facebook page

Features

Contact Me: chris.naron@gmail.com

Blogs

Wild Game: Hunt at your peril

A Very Cool Blog on the Writing Business: Real, working authors giving advice...The Friday Challenge: Bruce Bethke
Daily Caller--Charles Johnson
Breitbart
Ace of Spades
The Corner
Classic Pop and Rock Digest
The Truth About Guns
Althouse
Instapundit
SooperMexican
Ricochet
The American Conservative
FreedomWorks News
Retraction Watch
Apologetics315
WagToons
Lileks
Elusively Yours
MIn TheGap

Righter's Blog Archive (Old School)

Barrels of Fish...for Shooting

Addicting Info
Jonathan Merritt (Green Baptist)
Pandagon
The New Republic
Atrios
Dailykos
Feministe

Domestic Pets
Mental Floss
Dilbert Blog
Y Safle

Mindcleaner Mania Daily Trivia Tournament

Posted Image
Cartoon Cleaner
--Political Cartoons by Rightnation Artists...

David Allen's Blog
News Voyager
The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
World Net Daily
Townhall
912 Project Profile

New! Learn How to Use Google Like a Pro!Googletutor

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Captain America 2 Robert Redford, playing himself, gets snuffed. Best movie ever!
God's Not Dead Almost cheese free, an achievement for Christian movies.
Olympus Has Fallen Good action flick, and I really hope the Secret Service found it laughable.
Solomon Kane While it had theological problems, they were rather small compared to what I was expecting. A very underrated movie.
The Hobbit:Desolation of Smaug I'm pretty much out of superlatives, but I thought Sherlock trying to kill Watson was a neat twist.
Despicable Me 2 Keeping delightful slapstick alive. My kids' generation's version of Roadrunner cartoons.
Oblivion Pretty much every sci-fi movie made in the last 40 years but with Nintendo equipment. Worth the $1.50 I spent.
The Life of Pi I'd much rather be stranded on a lifeboat with Richard Parker than Larry H. Parker.
Iron Man 3 Don't be sad, he can make more suits.
Bully I'm sorry, but I've never seen a more clueless bunch of parents and--especially--educators.
Fat Head If you want to regain some intelligence after watching Supersize Me, watch this.
The Hobbit Not a movie. An achievement.
Red Dawn Uh, those North Koreans look pretty well fed. Almost as well fed as the Chinese. Good explosions.
Expendables 2 Someone had the genius idea to film the Random Facts About Chuck Norris. And kudos to Chuck because the film had almost no cursing.
Lincoln Brilliant. Funny. Sad. Daniel Day Lewis should get an Oscar by Constitutional amendment.
2016: Obama's America Great for high and low info voters. Not much new for the high info voter, but some good theoretical discussion. Dinesh is still a punk for agreeing to an interview, then ducking my harder questions.
The Dark Knight Rises: Best treatment of the hero theme ever. Great re-imagining of the Russian Revolution, also.
The Amazing Spiderman: Better than the original. Here's why: Emma Stone way better than Kirsten Dunce. The kid who plays Spidey is way better than Toby McGuire. Closer to the comic from what I understand. No silly Power Rangers mask on villain. I like how they keep him in high school. Martin Sheen gets shot.
Three Stooges: Turning Moe loose on the cast of Jersey Shore? Masterful.
The Avengers: The only word for how awesome this movie is: Dude.
Winter's Bone: Jennifer Lawrence deserves an Oscar for just reading this script. Let's just say don't stray too far out of Branson if you're ever up in the Ozarks.
The Hunger Games: The Running Man for pre-teen girls. But with more stabbing.
Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon: A jackhammer of an action movie. Wildly xceeded my low expectations.
Super 8: Thank you Misters Spielberg and Abrams. The former may be a pinko commie lib, but he knows what he's doing. The latter may be a jerk around artist when he's got years to tell a story. But give him just a couple of hours, and he's dead on. Great, great old school 80s era Spielberg flick.
True Grit: I didn't want to like it out of respect for The Duke, but dang it if those Cohen brothers aren't masterful.
X-Men First Class: Yet another home run from Marvel. It's funny, the first time I saw Magneto's helmet, I thought "That would look great on Kevin Bacon."
The Hangover 2: Um. Yeah. Sick. My sainted wife picked this one. I'm sure the prospect of seeing Bradley Cooper's Magnum PI caliber chest had nothing to do with it.Thor: On par with Iron Man, which means top-notch. Jeremy Shockey is great as Thor. What? That's not Jeremy Shockey? Well, he should sue then.
Battle: LASo, that's what happened on the ground on Independence Day. Seriously, very good movie.
Tangled: A Burkean mix of aesthetics and respect for tradition. In other words, it was pretty cool.
Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Spectacular. Some visuals that are so beautiful they almost hurt to look at.
Tron: Legacy: I don't know why they had to mess with perfection.
The A-Team: I wasn't a believer until stuff blew up. Then I was, like, "yeah!"Waiting for Superman: I haven't been this disappointed since I found out that To Kill a Mockingbird wasn't a documentary.
The Book of Eli: Had the potential for one of the greatest endings in movie history but pissed it away with one scene.
She's Out of My League: Is there a RomCom factory somewhere and can we blow it up in the A-Team sequal?
Waking Sleeping Beauty: I liked the Pixar Story much better. It's basically the same movie about movies.
Clash of the Titans: Yelling "Release the Kraken!" when you go into the men's room is still funny. But it has been funny since the 80's, so...
Date Night: Not your average RomCom. I think this is the movie Alfred Hitchcock was trying to make when he slapped North by Northwest together.
Iron Man 2: Keep them coming. Please.