Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Republicans Can't Let go of the 60s? - RightNation.US

-----
Paul Waldman of The American Prospect thinks this American Crossroads ad is proof that the GOP is still jealous of the "cool kids" just like back in the 60s:

So once again, we have to wage a campaign of the cool kids versus the squares. This all started in the 1960s, when people like Rove and Romney watched their contemporaries smoking grass, listening to music with electric guitars, and dancing wildly about with adventurous girls in sheer peasant blouses, and thought to themselves, "Gosh darn it, I hate those guys!"

It may take a little different form today, but have no doubt, Republicans going after Obama for being "cool" is the same conflict, just updated to 2012. So if you're a Baby Boomer, and you recall vividly how you watched Woodstock on TV and thought to yourself that somebody ought to drop a bomb on all those hippies and fornicators and wipe them out once and for all, Mitt Romney is the candidate for you. Not that you didn't know that already.

I know it's never occurred to this guy that we're way beyond that by now. The 60s are over, but it's the left who constantly bring it up and act like being "cool" is somehow a substitute for competence.

Well, it's not. The reality of our tanking economy is a good illustration of why not. Cool hasn't put people back to work any more than FDR's sunny disposition did. And the policies of the 60s, which evidently rate with the cool kids, were a disaster and they're being tried yet again.

If being cool means sucking the productive spirit away from the American people is cool, then we need a Progressive style war on cool.

That's what this ad is about. Cool needs to step aside and let competent take the wheel for a change.

My Mind is Clean

9 Comments On This Entry

Every morning I wake up thankful that I live in a time when the country's and the world's problems have been solved, America is prospering, and the world is safe, so that the most important thing that our president, the most powerful man in the world, can think of doing with his time and our money is to go on a late night TV show and do a lame slow-jam about student loans with the host.
:yeahthat: Having been born in 1950, I, for one, remember the 60s very well. I do not wish to go back. Let the "cool kids" have their fun, but not on our dime.

Bubbajoebob, on 27 April 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Every morning I wake up thankful that I live in a time when the country's and the world's problems have been solved, America is prospering, and the world is safe, so that the most important thing that our president, the most powerful man in the world, can think of doing with his time and our money is to go on a late night TV show and do a lame slow-jam about student loans with the host.

It's like all the "cool" kids I used to work with who thought getting the job done was a lower priority than having a good time.
Which side STILL has the filthy, Communism-living hippies rooting for it? In fact, some of the SAME filthy, Communism-loving hippies, forty years later?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ya know, I was just thinking about the 'road' we've gone down over the last 40-60 years. If I was literally going down that road and realized it was the wrong path, I would turn around and go back to where I could see the other road I didn't take so I could get on it. I wouldn't continue to blindly go down the first road simply hoping it'd all work out some how.

You forgot one:

http://t1.gstatic.co...ubSkvdKhGZ1r_vJ

JimNEPA, on 27 April 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Which side STILL has the filthy, Communism-living hippies rooting for it? In fact, some of the SAME filthy, Communism-loving hippies, forty years later?

Yeah, it's like with everything else they say, you either have to assume that the opposite is true or that they're projecting their crap onto someone else. In this case, both seem to be true.

Wodelly, on 27 April 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Ya know, I was just thinking about the 'road' we've gone down over the last 40-60 years. If I was literally going down that road and realized it was the wrong path, I would turn around and go back to where I could see the other road I didn't take so I could get on it. I wouldn't continue to blindly go down the first road simply hoping it'd all work out some how.You forgot one:

Posted Image

He's a joker, he's a smoker, he's a midnight toker...
This blog and your Obama: I Can Sing blog show the same problem with the left, they are stuck in the 60s. They still think they are fighting the establishment never realizing they are the establishment.

Both articles show how Anne Coulter was wrong Liberalism is not a religion. It is a cult. Not like $cientology where Hubbard told everyone how great he was. At a party full of fellow science fiction writers a young Hubbard was telling everyone about his life. Another guest angered Hubbard when he told him in front of everyone that he had been keeping count, and that if his story was true Hubbard was 87 years old.

Liberalism is more like the Unarius Academy of Science. Ruth Norman did not tell her followers how great she was. Her followers channeling from the Space Brothers told her how great she was. If you wanted to be a "good student" you channeled messages that the Space Brothers had promoted her or something that showed her in a good light.

So you have Rolling Stone telling us how cool 0bama is just like one of Spaceship Ruthie's "good students" If they did not how many articles would be written telling us how Rolling Stone is not longer a a hip and trendy magazine.

Joe the Pagan, on 28 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

This blog and your Obama: I Can Sing blog show the same problem with the left, they are stuck in the 60s. They still think they are fighting the establishment never realizing they are the establishment. Both articles show how Anne Coulter was wrong Liberalism is not a religion. It is a cult. Not like $cientology where Hubbard told everyone how great he was. At a party full of fellow science fiction writers a young Hubbard was telling everyone about his life. Another guest angered Hubbard when he told him in front of everyone that he had been keeping count, and that if his story was true Hubbard was 87 years old.Liberalism is more like the Unarius Academy of Science. Ruth Norman did not tell her followers how great she was. Her followers channeling from the Space Brothers told her how great she was. If you wanted to be a "good student" you channeled messages that the Space Brothers had promoted her or something that showed her in a good light. So you have Rolling Stone telling us how cool 0bama is just like one of Spaceship Ruthie's "good students" If they did not how many articles would be written telling us how Rolling Stone is not longer a a hip and trendy magazine.

Yeah, but isn't Obama constantly telling us how great he is? In fact, that's been a bit of a meme lately among conservative pundits. There was a story about how Obama always tells people he hires that he could do their job better and that if he had it his way, he'd be his own communications director or foreign policy adviser, etc.

I think Obama's brand of liberalism is a combination of Scientology and
the Unarius Academy of Science.
Page 1 of 1

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google,  Yahoo

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.