Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Why is Obama Using Bin Laden as a Campaign Issue? - RightNation.US

-----
Ah, you think it's that simple, don't you? Of course he's going to highlight his "gutsy" decision to kill Bin Laden because it will help him avoid the big comparison to Jimmy Carter.

But notice what his campaign is actually doing. They're not just playing up the decision to get Bin Laden, they are also brazenly insinuating that Mitt Romney would not have made the same decision, an idea so insane that one must wonder why Obama is even bringing it up.

Because it gives his dog washers like Steve Chapman a reason to write nonsense like this:

Mitt Romney scoffs at the notion that Barack Obama displayed admirable leadership in ordering the raid that killed Osama bin Laden a year ago. "Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order," he said, which suggests it was an easy, obvious decision -- like drafting Michael Jordan first in the NBA draft.

But Jordan wasn't the first pick in the 1984 draft. He was the third, proof that decisions that look like a slam dunk in hindsight have to be made without knowledge of how they'll turn out.

Not only are there idiots who would compare the killing of Bin Laden with drafting a basketball player, there are idiots sitting there going, "yeah, Obama is just like the guy who chose Michael Jordan and Romney is like the guy who drafted Sam Bowie!" I doubt Steve Chapman would admit that drafting Hakeem Olajuwon was a bad decision, but that's beside his point.

There were grave dangers in undertaking it. Navy Seals could have been trapped and killed. Their helicopters could have been shot down before or after they arrived. They could have wound up in close combat with Pakistani forces. Bin Laden could have escaped.

None of these dangers were to Obama himself, only to his political career. Get that? His gutsy call was gutsy not because it could have gotten brave Americans killed but because it could have been devastating the the president's career.

And finally:

Robert Gates, who was not only Obama's defense secretary but George W. Bush's, has said, "I worked for a lot of these guys and this is one of the most courageous calls -- decisions -- that I think I've ever seen a president make." Dismissing it has to be one of the most revealing that Romney has made.

Bingo! This is why it's being used the way it is. They have to draw Romney into this so they can compare what Obama actually did with their characterization of what Romney would have done. Although it's completely nuts to think that Romney would not have gone after Bin Laden at the risk of his image, all that matters is that the Obama campaign controls this issue for maximum effect. It's not enough to just make Obama look good, they have to also make Romney look bad.

In my opinion...

Posted Image

My Mind is Clean

7 Comments On This Entry

What's really funny, and I havent' seen where anyone else has commented on it yet, is that BILL CLINTON is the one going on about how Obama made the decision to kill bin Laden.

It reminded me of Dan Aykroyd in the Beatles parody "The Rutles", when the interviewer pressed him on how he refused to sign The Rutles to his label and missed out on the millions of record sales. He concluded by asking Aykroyd, "What's it like to be an @$$hole?"

That's what we should be asking Bill Clinton!
The irony is that Bill Clinton refused at least three times to get Bin Laden and not he is touting the guy did with the help of his successor and predessor. Obama wants to bring charges against the CIA agents that got the infor that let him get Bin Laden and yet he uses drones to kill US citizens. I do not care if they kill them, I just wish he would capture a few of them for intel reasons. Hell Obama has no place to put them.

JimNEPA, on 01 May 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

What's really funny, and I havent' seen where anyone else has commented on it yet, is that BILL CLINTON is the one going on about how Obama made the decision to kill bin Laden.It reminded me of Dan Aykroyd in the Beatles parody "The Rutles", when the interviewer pressed him on how he refused to sign The Rutles to his label and missed out on the millions of record sales. He concluded by asking Aykroyd, "What's it like to be an @$$hole?"That's what we should be asking Bill Clinton!

Part of the plan is to put Obama and Clinton side by side for comparison. Clinton has nothing to lose and will probably get some not so little perk out of it.
Maybe Mitt should remind everyone that, if Obama killed bin Laden, he also gave Pakistan one of our most advanced helicopters, the way he gave Iran one of our predator drones.
Easy, because he is afraid of losing and following the Alinsky handbook, do absolutely any and everything to win. Think of it this way, if he wins re-election, he knows that as long as he doesn't get impeached, he'll be in a nothing-to-lose situation and can then fight any battles he wants. A "bucket list" for the President. Remember, within 1 hour of the news being released of Bin-Laden's death, this photo ended up on Facebook

Posted Image
I'm not surprised that they're making it an issue or even that they're trying to claim that Romney wouldn't have made the same call. What I am surprised at is that they're pulling this card out so early.

Taliesin, on 01 May 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I'm not surprised that they're making it an issue or even that they're trying to claim that Romney wouldn't have made the same call. What I am surprised at is that they're pulling this card out so early.

They're going to be pulling anything out that in any way shape or form help them in the election. Now that Obama knows who is opponent is, it's time to go full-throttle.
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.