Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Coldplay Might Just be the New Supertramp - RightNation.US

Jump to content

-----
For me, that is. See, I loathe Supertramp, but I can only allow myself one band to really, truly hate. This cover of The Beastie Boys' Fight for Your Right might just cause me to move my feelings for Supertramp over to indifference...

(Warning for lame attempts at bad language)


This is what they were trying to do...

(Another language warning--it's a gangsta rap, so be doubly warned.)


It was kinda funny over a decade ago for a bunch of doughy white people from the other side of the tracks to make an acoustic version of an NWA "song". Irony, I think they call it. Coldplay can't really do ironic. It'd be like U2 covering an Iron Maiden song.

I think one more incident and Coldplay knocks Supertramp off as my most hated. In fact, if I hear lead singer, Chris Martin, utter the name, Barack Obama, one more time, that's it. Probably the most uncool thing I've ever seen is that guy incongruously yelling "Barack Obama" at the end of his performance on SNL. I dropped my midnight snack I was so nonplussed.

My Mind is Clean (and plussed)
0
  Like

15 Comments On This Entry

Dont worry.

In the land of his birth, Martin is also considered a 'complete wanker'.
0

scotsman, on 15 May 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Dont worry.In the land of his birth, Martin is also considered a 'complete wanker'.

Have you ever had In-n-Out Burger? Well, it's kind of like when you smell In-n-Out Burger and get all excited, but then realize it's someone's body odor. Now you're completely grossed out. When I first heard Coldplay, I thought it might be a new U2 song. Now when I hear them, I get the In-n-Out effect. They're just too close to post Zooropa U2 without being U2. They're musical body odor.

And now this.
0
For me, that one band is Foreigner. I don't know why, really. I can't explain it. Deconstruct their songs and they're not much different than anybody else's of that era. But there's just something about them that's fingernails-on-a-chalkboard to me.
0
Well I can't deny being surprised: Supertramp & Foreigner? Oh well, I guess it'd be a mighty boring world if we all thought exactly the same, LOL. As far as Foreigner goes I readily admit they aren't anywhere near my "favorite", but I also can't say I "hate" 'em. The Foreigner songs I know are OK, if not exactly "great". But Supertramp is definitely one my favorites, one of the bands I do consider great. I can't think of a Supertramp song I don't love.
:shrug:
0

MontyPython, on 15 May 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Well I can't deny being surprised: Supertramp & Foreigner? Oh well, I guess it'd be a mighty boring world if we all thought exactly the same, LOL. As far as Foreigner goes I readily admit they aren't anywhere near my "favorite", but I also can't say I "hate" 'em. The Foreigner songs I know are OK, if not exactly "great". But Supertramp is definitely one my favorites, one of the bands I do consider great. I can't think of a Supertramp song I don't love.:shrug:

Well, if they cease being the one band I allow myself to hate, I might have to stop changing the station as soon as their songs come on. Then I might grow to like them again.

It happened with The White Stripes. I couldn't bear the sound of Jack White's voice until I got into The Raconteurs. Now, it's all good.

Coldplay is dead to me, though.
0

Adam Smithee, on 15 May 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

For me, that one band is Foreigner. I don't know why, really. I can't explain it. Deconstruct their songs and they're not much different than anybody else's of that era. But there's just something about them that's fingernails-on-a-chalkboard to me.

I love Lou Graham's voice, but I'm still not a huge fan of Foreigner.
0

Mr. Naron, on 15 May 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

MontyPython, on 15 May 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Well I can't deny being surprised: Supertramp & Foreigner? Oh well, I guess it'd be a mighty boring world if we all thought exactly the same, LOL. As far as Foreigner goes I readily admit they aren't anywhere near my "favorite", but I also can't say I "hate" 'em. The Foreigner songs I know are OK, if not exactly "great". But Supertramp is definitely one my favorites, one of the bands I do consider great. I can't think of a Supertramp song I don't love.:shrug:
Well, if they cease being the one band I allow myself to hate, I might have to stop changing the station as soon as their songs come on. Then I might grow to like them again.It happened with The White Stripes. I couldn't bear the sound of Jack White's voice until I got into The Raconteurs. Now, it's all good.Coldplay is dead to me, though.


I....um.....don't know anything whatsoever about Coldplay. :blush: I listened to that video (and admit it pretty much sucked, LOL), but that's now the one Coldplay song I've ever listened to, that I know of.
:blush:
0

MontyPython, on 16 May 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 15 May 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

MontyPython, on 15 May 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Well I can't deny being surprised: Supertramp & Foreigner? Oh well, I guess it'd be a mighty boring world if we all thought exactly the same, LOL. As far as Foreigner goes I readily admit they aren't anywhere near my "favorite", but I also can't say I "hate" 'em. The Foreigner songs I know are OK, if not exactly "great". But Supertramp is definitely one my favorites, one of the bands I do consider great. I can't think of a Supertramp song I don't love.:shrug:
Well, if they cease being the one band I allow myself to hate, I might have to stop changing the station as soon as their songs come on. Then I might grow to like them again.It happened with The White Stripes. I couldn't bear the sound of Jack White's voice until I got into The Raconteurs. Now, it's all good.Coldplay is dead to me, though.
I....um.....don't know anything whatsoever about Coldplay. :blush: I listened to that video (and admit it pretty much sucked, LOL), but that's now the one Coldplay song I've ever listened to, that I know of.:blush:

You're not missing anything but the antidote to Viagra.
0
The problem with Coldplay is they are oh-so precious...and they know it. One look at their album artwork, and one is immediately prepared for snooty, passionless music.
0

Adam Smithee, on 15 May 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

For me, that one band is Foreigner. I don't know why, really. I can't explain it. Deconstruct their songs and they're not much different than anybody else's of that era. But there's just something about them that's fingernails-on-a-chalkboard to me.

One of the best bands of all time and another Hall of Fame snub
0
I knew that once a read the Supertramp in the title, it had to be a Mindcleaner blog.
0
Here you go Chris. One of the best Supertramp songs of all time and one of their most progressive ones
0
Except that Supertramp once got David Gilmour to play his guitar on one of their songs. I don't see Coldplay being able to achieve that.
0

Censport, on 16 May 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Except that Supertramp once got David Gilmour to play his guitar on one of their songs. I don't see Coldplay being able to achieve that.

I don't see Coldplay getting Mili Vanilli to play on their songs.
0
While I agree with your contempt for Coldplay and covering Beastie Boys, I have a greater abomination in the front of my head.



After seeing/hearing that act of cruel and unusual punishment, this song below becomes an act of beauty.

0
Page 1 of 1

8 user(s) viewing

8 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Features and Blog Roll

Posted ImagePosted Image
What Folks Are Saying About The Conservative Mindcleaner:
Jonah Goldberg of National Review says:"Uh Oh!"
Vox Day says: "A man after my own heart"

Chris's thought-provoking commentary and his sensible conservatism keeps California from falling further to the left and disappearing into the Pacific. He's a teacher, football fan and an all-around down to earth guy.-Leland Lyerla (The Southern Illinoisian Sports)

To add your testimonial, email me at chris.naron@gmail.com

Not a member of RightNation.us? Post comments on The Conservative Mindcleaner Facebook page



Features

Contact Me: chris.naron@gmail.com

Blogs

Wild Game: Hunt at your peril

A Very Cool Blog on the Writing Business: Real, working authors giving advice...The Friday Challenge: Bruce Bethke
Daily Caller--Charles Johnson
Breitbart
Ace of Spades
The Corner
Classic Pop and Rock Digest
The Truth About Guns
Althouse
Instapundit
SooperMexican
Ricochet
The American Conservative
FreedomWorks News
Retraction Watch
Apologetics315
WagToons
Lileks
Elusively Yours
MIn TheGap

Righter's Blog Archive (Old School)

Barrels of Fish...for Shooting

Addicting Info
Jonathan Merritt (Green Baptist)
Pandagon
The New Republic
Atrios
Dailykos
Feministe

Domestic Pets
Mental Floss
Dilbert Blog
Y Safle

Mindcleaner Mania Daily Trivia Tournament

Posted Image
Cartoon Cleaner
--Political Cartoons by Rightnation Artists...

David Allen's Blog
News Voyager
The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
World Net Daily
Townhall
912 Project Profile

New! Learn How to Use Google Like a Pro!Googletutor

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Captain America 2 Robert Redford, playing himself, gets snuffed. Best movie ever!
God's Not Dead Almost cheese free, an achievement for Christian movies.
Olympus Has Fallen Good action flick, and I really hope the Secret Service found it laughable.
Solomon Kane While it had theological problems, they were rather small compared to what I was expecting. A very underrated movie.
The Hobbit:Desolation of Smaug I'm pretty much out of superlatives, but I thought Sherlock trying to kill Watson was a neat twist.
Despicable Me 2 Keeping delightful slapstick alive. My kids' generation's version of Roadrunner cartoons.
Oblivion Pretty much every sci-fi movie made in the last 40 years but with Nintendo equipment. Worth the $1.50 I spent.
The Life of Pi I'd much rather be stranded on a lifeboat with Richard Parker than Larry H. Parker.
Iron Man 3 Don't be sad, he can make more suits.
Bully I'm sorry, but I've never seen a more clueless bunch of parents and--especially--educators.
Fat Head If you want to regain some intelligence after watching Supersize Me, watch this.
The Hobbit Not a movie. An achievement.
Red Dawn Uh, those North Koreans look pretty well fed. Almost as well fed as the Chinese. Good explosions.
Expendables 2 Someone had the genius idea to film the Random Facts About Chuck Norris. And kudos to Chuck because the film had almost no cursing.
Lincoln Brilliant. Funny. Sad. Daniel Day Lewis should get an Oscar by Constitutional amendment.
2016: Obama's America Great for high and low info voters. Not much new for the high info voter, but some good theoretical discussion. Dinesh is still a punk for agreeing to an interview, then ducking my harder questions.
The Dark Knight Rises: Best treatment of the hero theme ever. Great re-imagining of the Russian Revolution, also.
The Amazing Spiderman: Better than the original. Here's why: Emma Stone way better than Kirsten Dunce. The kid who plays Spidey is way better than Toby McGuire. Closer to the comic from what I understand. No silly Power Rangers mask on villain. I like how they keep him in high school. Martin Sheen gets shot.
Three Stooges: Turning Moe loose on the cast of Jersey Shore? Masterful.
The Avengers: The only word for how awesome this movie is: Dude.
Winter's Bone: Jennifer Lawrence deserves an Oscar for just reading this script. Let's just say don't stray too far out of Branson if you're ever up in the Ozarks.
The Hunger Games: The Running Man for pre-teen girls. But with more stabbing.
Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon: A jackhammer of an action movie. Wildly xceeded my low expectations.
Super 8: Thank you Misters Spielberg and Abrams. The former may be a pinko commie lib, but he knows what he's doing. The latter may be a jerk around artist when he's got years to tell a story. But give him just a couple of hours, and he's dead on. Great, great old school 80s era Spielberg flick.
True Grit: I didn't want to like it out of respect for The Duke, but dang it if those Cohen brothers aren't masterful.
X-Men First Class: Yet another home run from Marvel. It's funny, the first time I saw Magneto's helmet, I thought "That would look great on Kevin Bacon."
The Hangover 2: Um. Yeah. Sick. My sainted wife picked this one. I'm sure the prospect of seeing Bradley Cooper's Magnum PI caliber chest had nothing to do with it.Thor: On par with Iron Man, which means top-notch. Jeremy Shockey is great as Thor. What? That's not Jeremy Shockey? Well, he should sue then.
Battle: LASo, that's what happened on the ground on Independence Day. Seriously, very good movie.
Tangled: A Burkean mix of aesthetics and respect for tradition. In other words, it was pretty cool.
Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Spectacular. Some visuals that are so beautiful they almost hurt to look at.
Tron: Legacy: I don't know why they had to mess with perfection.
The A-Team: I wasn't a believer until stuff blew up. Then I was, like, "yeah!"Waiting for Superman: I haven't been this disappointed since I found out that To Kill a Mockingbird wasn't a documentary.
The Book of Eli: Had the potential for one of the greatest endings in movie history but pissed it away with one scene.
She's Out of My League: Is there a RomCom factory somewhere and can we blow it up in the A-Team sequal?
Waking Sleeping Beauty: I liked the Pixar Story much better. It's basically the same movie about movies.
Clash of the Titans: Yelling "Release the Kraken!" when you go into the men's room is still funny. But it has been funny since the 80's, so...
Date Night: Not your average RomCom. I think this is the movie Alfred Hitchcock was trying to make when he slapped North by Northwest together.
Iron Man 2: Keep them coming. Please.