Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Newsflash: The Left Never Cared for the Handicapped - RightNation.US

-----
There appears to be some cognitive dissonance over "comedian" Margaret Cho's insensitive remarks:

While discussing her new comedy tour called “Mother,” pitched at her own mother and her desires to be a mother herself, she mentioned her fears over getting pregnant at the age of 43. "My period comes like twice a month. My eggs are jumping ship,” she said. “Seriously, they’re like, ‘the last one out’s a retard.”

“I get worried about that, as an older woman, I don’t necessarily want to have a retard,” she said.

Why is anyone surprised? The left has always seen the handicapped as useful tools for growing the size of government or cultivating good PR, but behind all the superficial and politically correct nonsense they spout about the handicapped being "differently-abled" or "handi-capable", there's the progressive notion that the handicapped are nothing more than human weeds.

I'm not saying all leftists think this way. Nor am I saying all those on the right have hearts for the handicapped. But the intellectual history of the two ideologies paints a pretty clear picture where the right has tended to favor letting them live and the left tended to want to breed them out of existence.

The reason the left appears to be the caring, nurturing side is because conservatives don't believe that handicapped people are "just like everyone else". We believe that they were made by God and deserve the dignity any other human being deserves. That doesn't mean you have to have federal programs and regulations that make every private and public establishment look like Tony Hawk designed them.

I'll give you an example that's near and dear to my heart. Our football stadium got upgraded a few years ago. We couldn't do a thing to improve our press box because doing so would require that we install an elevator for handicap access. As it is now, there's no way a handicapped person could get into it anyway. That's just the way the rule is. Anyone who opposes such a rule is anti-handicap or something.

See what I mean? It has nothing to do with caring for the handicapped and everything to do with PR and growing government.

Margaret isn't deviating from the norm, here. She's being honest. She's a skank, but she's being honest.

My Mind is Clean

6 Comments On This Entry

Just look at the people who favor abortion for handicapped babies and ask yourself, how many of them are progressive compared to conservative? If a pregnant Margaret Cho were to discover that her baby had a defect, would she keep it?

Rhetorical questions...
I've noticed recently that I don't see many young kids with handicaps any longer, particularly Down's. Seems that the ones I see are in their 20s at the youngest. We groom several cats at a couple of different homes in the area and they are predominantly physically in their 30s.
Well, it goes along with their whole eugenics thing.
Remember when the pResident compared his bowling score to the Special Olympics. The pamphlet with President Bush's head on a handicapped athlete and the caption "Voting for Bush is like running in the Special Olympics, Even if you win, you're still retarded"

moocow, on 03 June 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Well, it goes along with their whole eugenics thing.

:yeahthat:

susancnw, on 03 June 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

I've noticed recently that I don't see many young kids with handicaps any longer, particularly Down's. Seems that the ones I see are in their 20s at the youngest. We groom several cats at a couple of different homes in the area and they are predominantly physically in their 30s.

I see a few at church regularly, but I know what you mean. I can't think of any at my school, while five years ago there were several.
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Updated! World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.