Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Molly Cartoon "Why I Am Voting Democrat." - RightNation.US

-----
So I read Josh Painter's Excellent Blog where he allowed a guest blogger to post "why I'm voting democrat" this morning and it inspired me.

So today, I will allow toons who intend to vote (or have already voted) for Obama, equal time.

I now present for your viewing pleasure, the reasons these toons are punching the chad for Barry.

As always, if you can think of other reasons (or if you personally know other toons who are voting for Barack) post a reply. I will toon the best of the entries.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kal found me this soccer mom.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

21 Comments On This Entry

The second one that states, "I vote however my union tells me to vote" is classic (coming from a teachers perspective).

Something interesting happened at our facility meeting yesterday after school. At the end of the meeting we had a union meeting. Our rep was recruiting people to do phone banking for all of those candidates and propositions the union supports or opposes. She told everyone they MUST fill in a time in which they are available (of course I threw mine in the trash). Anyway, during the meeting one teacher stood up and said, "There is form you could fill out if you want to get out of the union." Of course, the Rep was not to pleased. At the end of the meeting about half of the staff stopped to talk to this teacher about getting out of the union. This was mainly because of the amount of money the CTA spent (of our money) opposing Proposition 8. This act by the Union has some of the most leftists teachers angry at the union.

BWT, I cannot believe how many liberal teachers are supporting Prop 8. Probably because they see the effects on children directly
Free smokes?

DodgerKing, on Oct 23 2008, 06:53 AM, said:

The second one that states, "I vote however my union tells me to vote" is classic (coming from a teachers perspective).

Something interesting happened at our facility meeting yesterday after school. At the end of the meeting we had a union meeting. Our rep was recruiting people to do phone banking for all of those candidates and propositions the union supports or opposes. She told everyone they MUST fill in a time in which they are available (of course I threw mine in the trash). Anyway, during the meeting one teacher stood up and said, "There is form you could fill out if you want to get out of the union." Of course, the Rep was not to pleased. At the end of the meeting about half of the staff stopped to talk to this teacher about getting out of the union. This was mainly because of the amount of money the CTA spent (of our money) opposing Proposition 8. This act by the Union has some of the most leftists teachers angry at the union.

BWT, I cannot believe how many liberal teachers are supporting Prop 8. Probably because they see the effects on children directly

I am a volunteer for prop 8. (I only hope my stammering and ridiculous phone messages left for those not at home when I call will not work against Prop 8.)

And I knew two teachers who opted out of the union. They were both tenured before they did it, however.

Mooga, on Oct 23 2008, 06:59 AM, said:

Free smokes?

Hey, I'll see the pack they offer you, and raise it to three if you'll still vote for McCain.
My mom has a bumber sticker on her paid off car that she parks in her driveway in a wealthy neighborhood that says "I'm too poor to vote Republican" so that's why she is voting for Obama. :rolleyes:

Bekisue, on Oct 23 2008, 07:17 AM, said:

My mom has a bumber sticker on her paid off car that she parks in her driveway in a wealthy neighborhood that says "I'm too poor to vote Republican" so that's why she is voting for Obama. :rolleyes:

Good one. O.k., I have the first toon entry in my "Why are you voting democrat" contest."
Thank you Beckisue.
:rofl: Great toons, Mollywalk.

Not meaning to get too totally off-topic but what is Proposition 8? :rolleyes:
It is a CA proposition that would change the state Constitution to define marriage as being between a man and a women (thus changing the court decision that legalized marriage in the state).

ilja, on Oct 23 2008, 07:55 AM, said:

Here is one of my toons re: prop 8
In California, in a previous election, the voters approved by 61% an initiative that stated, "only marriage between one man and one woman is valid in California."
Four activist judges overturned this. And same sex government approved marriages began in (I believe) San Francisco.

So now, the voters are voting on an amendment to California constitution that states, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.”

That is Prop 8.

The reason teachers may be for it, even when their union tells them to be against it is what happened in Mass--where same sex marriage is sanctioned by the State. Because it is legal it is taught in the schools as acceptable. Parents who didn't want their kindergarten or first grader to learn that a boy can marry a boy asked to be notified when this was going to be taught and were told since it was legal no notification would be necessary (or forthcoming.)

view this for an interview with just one of many parents This is not an isolated example.
One more prop 8 comment. I would vote for same sex equal rights. It is just not "marriage." I want the right to be able to tell my kids (and grand kids) that I do not hate homosexuals. I just do not agree with them. Prop 8 does not make same sex living arrangements illegal. I would vote for partner rights. I know there are some legitimate problems faced by same sex couples (benefits, legal notification upon death, hospitals not allowing a life partner to make decisions.) These can be taken care of through legislative means. But a man and a man does not constitute "marriage." I do not want the traditional definition of "marriage" redefined.
Oh, my gosh. I just realized I forgot to draw the soccer mom's baby's body.

She looks like she is hugging a head.

Mollywalk, on Oct 23 2008, 08:03 AM, said:

In California, in a previous election, the voters approved by 61% an initiative that stated, "only marriage between one man and one woman is valid in California."
Four activist judges overturned this. And same sex government approved marriages began in (I believe) San Francisco.

So now, the voters are voting on an amendment to California constitution that states, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.”

That is Prop 8.

The reason teachers may be for it, even when their union tells them to be against it is what happened in Mass--where same sex marriage is sanctioned by the State. Because it is legal it is taught in the schools as acceptable. Parents who didn't want their kindergarten or first grader to learn that a boy can marry a boy asked to be notified when this was going to be taught and were told since it was legal no notification would be necessary (or forthcoming.)

view this for an interview with just one of many parents This is not an isolated example.

And here in the high school level they are against it because they see directly the change in the behavior of the students, especially the rabid lesbianism that is occurring and boys growing up without a father in the home.

Mollywalk, on Oct 23 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

One more prop 8 comment. I would vote for same sex equal rights. It is just not "marriage." I want the right to be able to tell my kids (and grand kids) that I do not hate homosexuals. I just do not agree with them. Prop 8 does not make same sex living arrangements illegal. I would vote for partner rights. I know there are some legitimate problems faced by same sex couples (benefits, legal notification upon death, hospitals not allowing a life partner to make decisions.) These can be taken care of through legislative means. But a man and a man does not constitute "marriage." I do not want the traditional definition of "marriage" redefined.

In CA, civil unions are afforded the same rights, so marriage is not necessary for these "rights".

DodgerKing, on Oct 23 2008, 08:40 AM, said:

Mollywalk, on Oct 23 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

In CA, civil unions are afforded the same rights, so marriage is not necessary for these "rights".

Thank you for clearing that up. If you watch the "no on 8" ads, it appears that a no vote means that a bride can't marry her groom (one commercial depicts a lovely girl in a dream like sequence, where she just can't get to the altar to meet up with her male fiance.) Or that you are somehow stripping homosexuals of their rights to choose to live with a same sex partner. (Also untrue.)
The voice from the grave is the best one. :rolleyes:

Mollywalk, on Oct 23 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

That is Prop 8.

WOW! What an eye-opener, Molly. I am so glad that we homeschool. However, I fear for our right to homeschool should Barack Obama be elected President.
I agree, Floridamom. If I had kids in the public school and Prop 8 didn't pass, it would be the deal breaker for me.
Great bunch of Toons Molly. I know a few people that fit the second Toon, even though they say they don't support most of the same issues as the DIMs.

As for Prop. 8, We got the sign in the front for "Yes on 8". We may have to get a similar action going against some of the State Supreme court like we did against Rose Bird and co. It's like Prop. 187, and others, that have passed overwhelmingly, only to have some judge come along. I'd even think about staying in CA if we would get rid of some of these Judges. The concept of "We the People" seems to have been lost on several of the Robe'd dipsticks.

Attila, on Oct 23 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

Great bunch of Toons Molly. I know a few people that fit the second Toon, even though they say they don't support most of the same issues as the DIMs.

As for Prop. 8, We got the sign in the front for "Yes on 8". We may have to get a similar action going against some of the State Supreme court like we did against Rose Bird and co. It's like Prop. 187, and others, that have passed overwhelmingly, only to have some judge come along. I'd even think about staying in CA if we would get rid of some of these Judges. The concept of "We the People" seems to have been lost on several of the Robe'd dipsticks.

Yes, but don't you know, the judges are so much smarter than we, the people. :rolleyes:
Ears? :huh:
Page 1 of 1

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Recent Entries