Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: UPDATE ON TNR 'Man in Iraq' - RightNation.US

-----
DISCLAIMER: I rectified a mistake and removed 1SG Hatleyís email address from the post. I should not have included that, due to privacy issues and the fact that the man has enough headaches with running his unit and the stress of deployment. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HIM. Once the matter is resolved, I will request permission from him to publish his address.

Below is a correspondence I had with PVT Scott Thomas Beauchampís Co. 1SG. I e-mailed him via AKO and did not expect him to have the time to answer, but Iím proud to say he did. Looks like The New Republicís representative lackey has alot of explaining to do. My original e-mail is at the bottom. Enjoy!

SFC McElroy,

Iím not in the habit of answering these emailís. It would be far too many. I appreciate all the support from home and I can assure you that not a single word of this was true. Weíve been fighting this fight for quite some time. Numerous soldiers within my unit have served on several deployments and this is my third year as a First Sergeant in this unit. My soldiers conduct is consistently honorable. This soldier has other underlining issues which Iím sure will come out in the course of the investigation. No one at any of the post we live at or frequent, remotely fit the descriptions of any of the persons depicted in this young manís fairy tale. I canít and wonít divulge any information regarding this soldier, but I do sincerely appreciate all the support from the people back home. Again, this young man has a vivid imagination and I promise you that this by no means reflects the truth of what is happening here. Iím currently serving with the best America has to offer. I have worked and fought closely with every soldier within my company and they are consummate professionals in an area most people canít fathom. Iím proud of my soldiers and would gladly give my life for any one of them. Please continue to keep them with you in your prayers and thank God that we have these courageous men willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their country, Americans, and the people of this struggling nation.

Sincerely,

1SG Hatley

óĖ Original Message óĖ
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2007 20:56
Subject: Re: PVT Beauchamp
To: john.e.hatley

1SG Hatley,
Iíll bet youíve been inundated with e-mails from Active Duty
Soldiers as well as veterans, but please bear with me. I read the
inane comments by PVT Scott Thomas Beauchamp and his ďliteraryĒ
efforts are indicative of someone whoís as bright as a 10 Watt
bulb. This is my response to him, which I posted on his ďblogĒ:

ďHey Beauchamp,

You want a little cheese with that Ďwhineí?
My gawd, what pathetic BS. How old are you? Three?
Every morning you get up, you are first and foremost a Soldier,
sweetpea. Iím an Iraq war Veteran twice over, and your little rant
makes me want to vomit.
I saw your ďdiaryĒ in the New Republic and I get the feeling youíve got a
reputation as a whiny problem child. I ran across a few of your type as an
NCOIC, and my stock answer for them is this:

You were not drafted, you enlisted. You are now a Soldier in the
United States Army and your primary mission is to fight and win
the nationís wars. If you cannot handle that, do us all a favor
and GET OUT.

If you really have the integrity and guts to stand by an
accusation, you donít hide behind a pseudonym; you directly confront
those you accuse instead of publishing your crap on a website notorious
for smearing this country and the military.
Your feckless statements are a disgrace and you certainly donít do
anything to honor your fellow Soldiers with your tripe.
I seriously doubt that any of what you say is truthful.
I want to see the responses from your fellow troops.
Iíll bet they have a few choice words for you.Ē

First Sergeant,
Please pass this along to the rest of the Soldiers in your fine
outfit:

Youíre all doing a hell of a job. The United States Army is what
stands between freedom and Sharia Law, and you should be very
proud of what youíre doing. Youíre helping to rid the world of
Islamofacsists who want to transform the entire planet into a
Caliphate. I served as a Soldier for over 30 combined years, and
Iíve been where you are now. Itís a tough job, but the Armyís done
it for 232 years.

HOOAH!

Respectfully,
SFC Cheryl McElroy
US ARMY (RET)

10 Comments On This Entry

Great work GI Jane, and thanks for keeping us up to speed on this. This SGT picked a good spot to answer an email!

No surprises here as far as I'm concerned and hopefully, as all this plays out, this John Kerry wannabe will be put right back under his rock where he belongs.
SOme news sites are reporting that Beauchamp is also upset that the military has seized his laptop and other electronics as part of their investigation

Taliesin, on Jul 27 2007, 08:56 AM, said:

SOme news sites are reporting that Beauchamp is also upset that the military has seized his laptop and other electronics as part of their investigation

Well, he shouldn't have opened a can of worms unless he was prepared to eat them. Confiscation of electronic media is perfectly justified in this case. The whoppers he told have to be properly traced, and documented. As I've said: There's all kinds of milblogs out there, and most contain balanced, true to life experiences which in no way reflect badly on the military. Opinions notwithstanding, false accusations are generally not tolerated by the UCMJ.
Hey GI Jane way to go on the response from the 1SG. I felt this was a whiner with a few issues all along and this response confirms my impression of him. What I find very frustrating is the media witll run with this garbage defaming our troops along the way and when the investigation proves he's a dirtbag well then the media will have more important issues to talk about on page one and this will be buried near the obit's.
I read somewhere that this guy is a liberal activist married to another liberal anti-war activist who works at the New Republic. Has anyone else seen mention of this connection. They both donated and campaigned for Howard Dean. (not that that is wrong...just makes the posting incredibly suspicious.)
Oh yeah, here it is:
On washingtonpost.com:

Excerpts:

The New Republic's anonymous "Baghdad Diarist" identified himself yesterday as Scott Thomas Beauchamp, an Army private in Iraq, and disputed as "maddening" accusations that he had invented his accounts of cruelty by American soldiers.

The magazine's editor, Franklin Foer, disclosed in an interview that Beauchamp is married to a New Republic staffer, and that is "part of the reason why we found him to be a credible writer." Foer also said Beauchamp "has put himself in significant jeopardy" and "lost his lifeline to the rest of the world" because military officials have taken away his laptop, cellphone and e-mail privileges.

Beauchamp did not provide any documentation for his three published columns. He is married to a reporter-researcher at the New Republic, Elspeth Reeve.

Beauchamp's writing was challenged by the Weekly Standard and conservative bloggers after he wrote vividly, and profanely, of soldiers mocking a woman disfigured by an injury, getting their kicks by running over dogs with Bradley Fighting Vehicles and playing with Iraqi children's skulls taken from a mass grave.

Foer said the magazine is attempting to confirm every detail. "We are trying to be as deliberate and meticulous as we possibly can," he said. "We're not going to be rushed into making any sort of snap judgment."

LINK TO WAPO article

Foer's tapdance makes Fred Astaire look like an amateur. They got sucked into a good Bush-military-America bashing story and they gladly dove right in. Asshats.
Thanks for the update Jane. When this first came to light, I went over to the TNR blog intending to comment about this, adding the wish for his well deserved participation in a 'Blanket Party'. While there, I read many of the comments, and noticed I didn't really need to add anything that hadn't already been said by earlier posters. I also saw one that I knew had to have come from someone dear, and near to our hearts here at RN. :) After seeing that, I knew I coundn't have said anything better. Well done! :)
Forgot to add, you comment to 'Scottie' was appreciated by others as well. Reading other blogs, I noticed it was quoted on someone's post over at LittleGreenFootballs, and I believe a couple of other blogs as well.

You're Famous!!!! :)
That's good stuff, Jane. I can't wait to see TNR try to pretend this never happened once it's all proven to be a fraud. It'll be like John Kerry trying to pretend he never wrote that book with the upside-down American flag on it.
YAY! You said it for all of us, so eloquently!
Page 1 of 1

Recent Entries

Tags

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
    0 member(s)
    0 anonymous member(s)