RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Father-Daughter Purity Balls - RightNation.US

-----
Feministe finds father-daughter oppeness about sexuality to be "creepy:"

I can not even tell you how much it would have creeped me out to have my father take that kind of interest in my sexuality. Or to look into his eyes and *say* the word “sexually.” That’s far too much detail to be shared between a father and daughter, in my opinion. Sure, we all know that a daughter’s sexual activity is probably never far from the mind of her father, especially when she’s dating, but the idea that he would go so far as to have her pledge to him that she will remain sexually pure until she “gives” herself as a “wedding gift” to her husband is creeptastic.

What has Zuzu all worked up? Prom-like dances where fathers and daughters dance and have a good time, ending the evening by pledging before God that they will honor sexual purity. The girl promises not to have sex before marriage and the dad promises to fulfill his role as his daughter's protector. It has all the ingredients for a liberal conniption:
  • God
  • Abstinance
  • Involved fathers
  • Men

In the interest of full disclosure, I would never attend one of these things becuase I hate dressing up and dancing. I went to two proms and a formal dinner on a cruise ship. I ain't doing anymore until the boy and girls get married...if I let them. I'm going about the whole purity thing differently. Probably the greatest motivation for my current health kick is to get into good enough shape to take up San Soo, a form of Kung Foo that essentially teaches you how to end a fight in the shortest possible time. They teach it at my church. My plan is to become good enough to at least severly injure the largest high school or college football player who so much as has a chemical reaction at the site of my girls. I will be open and honest about sexuality with my girls, but part of that will be the rock solid fact that I will kill and eat the first boy who violates their purity...even in his own mind. I'm working on my ESP as well.

What really kills me about the feminist reaction to these dances is their problem with openess. They really don't have a problem with the openess part, don't you think? If Zuzu's dad was willing to sit and listen to her ramblings about her sexual adventures, she would consider him "cool" and "enlightened." The only problem they have is with dads who discuss sexuality in the context of Biblical expectations. How in the world is that creepy? It's the opposite of creepy; it's, dare I say, proper and ideal.

In this worldview, the man is the head of the household, high priest, and all the members of the family are his property. And anyone will tell you that property has value; in the case of the daughter in a family like this, her value is determined by her marriageability, which is bound up inextricably in her purity. That’s why she pledges to be her husband’s “wedding gift” and to protect the value of her father’s property by not giving it away before it’s legally purchased by marriage.

Yeah, that's exactly right. It has nothing to do with our love for our daughters and concern for their well being. I'm hoping to score several hundred camels for the three-year old.

Watching Zuzu try to handle logic is like watching a racoon try to eat a piece of sugar. By the time she's done washing away all the reality, there's nothing left.

My Mind is Clean

14 Comments On This Entry

KharisLeaf, on Apr 19 2006, 02:21 PM, said:

My dad sent my brother to stand in for him at my purity ceremony. I figure if my brother doesn't know... I'm still pure.

Zuzu's still nuts though, with a skewed, misandric world view and the rabid paranoia of New York tunnel rat.

Feminists suck. And I will continue to make fun of them.

*Kharis*

:lol: Nice image. I picture her as Shredder in a dress.

Too bad your brother didn't go through the training I'm putting my boy through. He's going to be able to work for the CIA when I'm done with him.

God made me a bitter little man for a reason.
I love my daughter and have tried to be a good example,, I'm not perfect and don't expect her to be,,, however...
I see nothing wrong with this ceremony,, unless you want to be a bar whore....
then,, the standards may be a bit high...

I know sometimes I'm over protective,, she usually forgives me and knows it's only because I care...
She's smarter than me...

sayhellotomylittlefriend, on Apr 19 2006, 04:47 PM, said:

I love my daughter and have tried to be a good example,, I'm not perfect and don't expect her to be,,, however...

I know sometimes I'm over protective,, she usually forgives me and knows it's only because I care...
She's smarter than me...

I see nothing wrong with it either, except for the dressing up part. Couldn't we take our daughters to the Ultimate Fighting Championships and have the ceremony after Matt Hughes breaks Royce Gracie's leg?

Mr. Naron, on Apr 19 2006, 04:06 PM, said:

She's smarter than me...

I see nothing wrong with it either, except for the dressing up part. Couldn't we take our daughters to the Ultimate Fighting Championships and have the ceremony after Matt Hughes breaks Royce Gracie's leg?

Yes,, but.. I think the female gene requires a certain amount of "dressing up"...
Certainly not required for us real men,,, :lol:

sayhellotomylittlefriend, on Apr 19 2006, 06:06 PM, said:

She's smarter than me...

Yes,, but.. I think the female gene requires a certain amount of "dressing up"...
Certainly not required for us real men,,, :lol:

True...ouch...that realization hurts. My daughters are going to get me dressed up. Crap. I know my wife can do it when she wants, so will they. Yikes.
Good luck brother,,, Good Luck....
Well, here's my reply to them. And good points you have. Frankly, the boys they bring home will need to be worried about dad...but the girls that the boys bring home had better be very afraid of me :lol:

Well, I must say that I find your presumption that if the father is the 'high priest' of the family, then the rest of the family is property. You're really going out on a limb on that one. I considered my own father as such, as I do my husband, but they will both tell you that I am very far from being "property". I have my own mind and decision making process. My father was a very loving example of the type of man that I wanted to marry. He loved us, looked out for us, took care of us, and showed us how to be independent. While I have my own ideas about how things should be run, I defer to my husband in the big things. We discuss them, go at the decision from all directions and listen to each other's input. The decision is then made. If I do not necessarily agree with it, he is the head of the household and our umbrella of protection. That is not to say that all the decisions have been right...we've regretted a few of them, and in fact are coming out of one that we made together in 99...but we have learned from it, are stronger as a family and life has no guarantees that all things will be smooth always.

Our oldest daughter talks to my husband about everything, and me about almost everything (of course, boys are my area with our daughters--after all, their father was never a 15 YO girl with all the highs and lows and hormones), but all of our children talk to us. They know the importance of waiting and they are not the 'casual sex" types. They know the importance in if in a relationship, and that it does go lower on the scale than friendship. If you aren't friends, then the sex will never complete the relationship.

I found the Father/Daughter ball very touching and would suggest that you get your bloody mind out of the gutter. It is from their fathers that girls learn about relationships and how they want to be treated (or how they do NOT want to be treated). Dads are invaluable to learning from and I am grateful every day for what I learned from my father and his relationship with mom, including what I did not like and what I did.

Grow up and stop looking at everything through a perverted incestuous viewpoint. I don't agree with SD's law completely, but I also know that there will be a court challenge in the case of rape or incest. Had a case of rape in my own family. She chose to carry the baby and he's a fine young man of 21 now, working, going to school with the idea of becoming a dr. She was fortunate that our parents were so very supportive (mom says to this day "of course, that is our grandchild and our daughter...it was the right thing to do, no questions asked".

She's smarter than me...

This would be my husband's dream come true. :lol:
Figures that feminazis would be against this. I, on the other hand, approve wholeheartedly.
But I have a question - if there are no father-figures available, who stands in?

FalconAZ2003, on Apr 20 2006, 01:45 PM, said:

Figures that feminazis would be against this. I, on the other hand, approve wholeheartedly.
But I have a question - if there are no father-figures available, who stands in?

Boyfriends? (Hence the problem with absentee fathers.)
I don't see anything creepy about it. I find it rather touching. I think that father/daughters that would go to such an event, would already be able to comfortably discuss issues of sexuality with each other.
The professing of abstinence in a public forum is a bit over the top IMHO. I feel that its an issue that should be dealt with in the confines of ones family. I do see, however, the idea of professing abstinence within of group of peers would be a good thing. Peer pressure to so the right thing and wait.

As of mom of 2 daughters ages 19 and 15, my husband and I can speak comfortably with them about sexuality and we want them to have healthy "adult" relationships. When the time is right of course.
I am not naive though, my oldest is in college and has had a steady boyfriend for the last year. I let her know that when she is ready to go the next step with her boyfriend, to come and talk to me and we will go to the dr. together and deal with contraceptive issues. I of course would urge her to wait, but she is 19 and she is gonna do what she feels is right for her.

Tamara1221, on Apr 21 2006, 11:01 AM, said:

I don't see anything creepy about it. I find it rather touching. I think that father/daughters that would go to such an event, would already be able to comfortably discuss issues of sexuality with each other.
The professing of abstinence in a public forum is a bit over the top IMHO. I feel that its an issue that should be dealt with in the confines of ones family. I do see, however, the idea of professing abstinence within of group of peers would be a good thing. Peer pressure to so the right thing and wait.

As of mom of 2 daughters ages 19 and 15, my husband and I can speak comfortably with them about sexuality and we want them to have healthy "adult" relationships. When the time is right of course.
I am not naive though, my oldest is in college and has had a steady boyfriend for the last year. I let her know that when she is ready to go the next step with her boyfriend, to come and talk to me and we will go to the dr. together and deal with contraceptive issues. I of course would urge her to wait, but she is 19 and she is gonna do what she feels is right for her.

Not to pick a fight, but wouldn't it be even more responsible to take her and her boyfriend to a minister for pre-marital counseling at the same time? I understand not wanting an unplanned pregnancy, but as a parent, I want to say to my adult daughters "Sex is great! So great, I'll even help you get married so you can have it!" That is after her boyfriend has bested me in combat of course.

Mr. Naron, on Apr 21 2006, 03:51 PM, said:

Not to pick a fight, but wouldn't it be even more responsible to take her and her boyfriend to a minister for pre-marital counseling at the same time? I understand not wanting an unplanned pregnancy, but as a parent, I want to say to my adult daughters "Sex is great! So great, I'll even help you get married so you can have it!" That is after her boyfriend has bested me in combat of course.

Thats a really good idea. It never occured to me to do that until she was ready to get married. Thanks for the idea. I agree that sex should be within the confines of a committed relationship. I know my daughter and her boyfriend are serious about each other and he's a very decent guy. So I know that bringing this up will not be met with any resistance.

Tamara1221, on Apr 22 2006, 01:19 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on Apr 21 2006, 03:51 PM, said:

Thats a really good idea. It never occured to me to do that until she was ready to get married. Thanks for the idea. I agree that sex should be within the confines of a committed relationship. I know my daughter and her boyfriend are serious about each other and he's a very decent guy. So I know that bringing this up will not be met with any resistance.

Doesn't it seem that we discourage kids from getting married too young when, at that age, all they want to do is have sex? Then we wonder how they could be so stupid and irresponsible to "get into trouble."

As far as I'm concerned, if their ready for sex, they'd better darn well be ready for marriage.

:rolleyes:
Page 1 of 1

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.