RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Firing the 'diversity' bullet at the Marines - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Firing the 'diversity' bullet at the Marines Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:59 PM

Firing the 'diversity' bullet at the Marines

http://www.americanthinker.com
By Robert Knight
February 28, 2017

Article:

Dying in foreign lands in the service of a nation that enshrines freedom of religion in its Constitution doesn't cut any mustard with the irreligious left.

Alarmed by the presence of a crèche complete with three Wise Men last Christmas on the grounds of the U.S. Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has joined forces with the oxymoronically named Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) to put the camp's commanders in hot water.

Headed by Mikey Weinstein, the activist who breaks out in hives at any observance of Christianity at the nation's service academies, the MRFF on January 17 sent a letter asking Marine Brig. Gen. William Jurney – commander of the boot camp and the Western Recruiting Region – to agree to allow religious displays of other faiths to be erected near the crèche.

Noting that Christmas was past and the issue is moot for now, Gen. Jurney's staff judge advocate general, Lt. Col. Jeffrey Munoz, told MRFF on Feb. 10 that the resolution was "premature" because "the [next] holiday season is months away."

Failure to secure an immediate commitment ticked off the groups. David Loy, legal director of the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties, wrote to the Corps contending that Munoz's reply was "at best evasive and at worst thinly veiled discrimination," according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Meanwhile, Weinstein emoted that "[t]hese sorts of actions by the Marines destroy unit cohesion and ruin morale." That's funny. I thought forcing women into combat roles and inserting transgendered recruits into the barracks might be more likely to damage unit cohesion and morale – not to mention threatening Christian chaplains over their beliefs about marriage and sexual morality. But Weinstein has no problem with any of that, nor does the ACLU, which is the driving legal force behind the radical social experiments in the armed forces.

MRFF says it represents 27 active-duty, retired, and veteran Marines affiliated with the depot, 20 of whom are Jewish and who want to put a Hanukkah menorah near the crèche. Well, okay. Why not?

Somehow, I doubt the Marines will have any problem with it, either, during the next holiday season. But now is not the time.

The left's game is to begin with a reasonable request and then, once that is satisfied, escalate demands to the point that an agreeable resolution becomes impossible.

That often means getting rid of Christmas trees or nativity scenes, with or without the requisite Santa and reindeer to make the whole thing legal under the Supreme Court's Lemon Test.

Once you surrender to the postmodern notion that morally relativistic pluralism – not tolerance of minority viewpoints – trumps all, it becomes impossible to make sensible distinctions. Witness the evolution of "tolerance" in today's sexual revolution. What began as a request for nondiscrimination has evolved into a demand for superior treatment.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 28 February 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Headed by Mikey Weinstein, the activist who breaks out in hives at any observance of Christianity at the nation's service academies, the MRFF on January 17 sent a letter asking Marine Brig. Gen. William Jurney – commander of the boot camp and the Western Recruiting Region – to agree to allow religious displays of other faiths to be erected near the crèche.

Ooooh, "Mikey" sent a letter. I'm sure I'm not alone in having a place to file such letter.

And... any person over 10 YO still responding to "Mikey"? Sucks that I can't file the letter in the appropriate place TWICE.

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 28 February 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Failure to secure an immediate commitment ticked off the groups. David Loy, legal director of the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties, wrote to the Corps contending that Munoz's reply was "at best evasive and at worst thinly veiled discrimination,"

Translation: Myrna Loy is appalled that Munoz didn't immediately give in and kiss his ass, while mumbling to himself "Who does he think he is?! I'M with the ACLU!" :dramaqueen:

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 01 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

#4 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

One thing I never understood about transgenderism. Why is there a law about transgenders using the bathroom as if they have never used a bathroom before? Why is the government and the military making such rules? I know it is about the ACLU and its ilk. Is this another case of LGBT people wanting special treatment under the law? Why are transgenders part of the same community as homosexuals and bisexuals when their lifestyle is about sexual behavior, but a transgender is not about sexual orientation or lifestyle, but about issues concerning one's gender and identity? What is that about, no offence?

This post has been edited by Diamond369: 05 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostDiamond369, on 05 March 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

One thing I never understood about transgenderism. Why is there a law about transgenders using the bathroom as if they have never used a bathroom before? Why is the government and the military making such rules? I know it is about the ACLU and its ilk. Is this another case of LGBT people wanting special treatment under the law? Why are transgenders part of the same community as homosexuals and bisexuals when their lifestyle is about sexual behavior, but a transgender is not about sexual orientation or lifestyle, but about issues concerning one's gender and identity? What is that about, no offence?

What I believe--this may or may not be factual.
In the past, those who are transgender used the bathroom they "looked" like. And usually, no one would make a fuss. If I saw a masculine looking woman in the public john next to me, I'd think, "hey. She's a masculine looking woman who needs to pee." Or whatever. Honestly, usually I don't try to figure out why people are in the head. I just do what I came in to do and leave. However, now I think it has become an issue to bug traditionalists, to stir the pot, just to make waves.

Because some people just need to get mad about nonexistent issues.

That's what I think.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users