RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump incorrectly says that his father was born in Germany - RightNation.US

Trump incorrectly says that his father was born in Germany Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

Trump incorrectly says that his father was born in Germany

BY JUSTIN WISE - 04/02/19 04:05 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday incorrectly said his father was from Germany while expressing frustration about the country’s payments toward NATO.

"Germany, honestly, is not paying their fair share," Trump said at the White House before noting that he has "great respect" for German Chancellor Angela Merkel and "great respect for the country."

"My father is German, was German," he continued. "Born in a very wonderful place in Germany, so I have a great feeling for Germany."

The Washington Post said it as least the third time Trump has made this particular claim about his father, Fred Trump, who was born in New York City in 1905.

Trump’s grandfather, Friedrich Trump, was born in Germany and emigrated to the U.S. in 1885, according to a report from the Post in 2016.

After finding success in the U.S., Friedrich Trump attempted to resettle in Germany, according to The Associated Press. But the Post added that he was expelled in 1905, apparently for emigrating illegally. He returned with his wife to the U.S. when she was pregnant with Fred Trump.

Trump made the claims about his father multiple times in 2018 while discussing relations between the U.S. and European countries.

"Don’t forget both of my parents were born in EU sectors, OK?" Trump said in an interview last July. "My mother was Scotland. My father was Germany."

Link

I understand it's annoying, but many of you seem reasonable, so it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that Trump supporters, and other republicans, don't see this sort of constant lying, if nothing else, as odd. It's not just things that are important or even done to impress who ever he's speaking to, it's lying about things no one gives a flying fig about and are easily verified.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 02 April 2019 - 08:44 PM

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:03 PM

That's nothing. We had a president who may have incorrectly stated that he was born in the US

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostLadybird, on 02 April 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

President Trump on Tuesday incorrectly said his father was from Germany while expressing frustration about the country’s payments toward NATO.

"Germany, honestly, is not paying their fair share," Trump said at the White House before noting that he has "great respect" for German Chancellor Angela Merkel and "great respect for the country."

"My father is German, was German," he continued. "Born in a very wonderful place in Germany, so I have a great feeling for Germany."

The Washington Post said it as least the third time Trump has made this particular claim about his father, Fred Trump, who was born in New York City in 1905.

Trump’s grandfather, Friedrich Trump, was born in Germany and emigrated to the U.S. in 1885, according to a report from the Post in 2016.

After finding success in the U.S., Friedrich Trump attempted to resettle in Germany, according to The Associated Press. But the Post added that he was expelled in 1905, apparently for emigrating illegally. He returned with his wife to the U.S. when she was pregnant with Fred Trump.

Trump made the claims about his father multiple times in 2018 while discussing relations between the U.S. and European countries.

"Don’t forget both of my parents were born in EU sectors, OK?" Trump said in an interview last July. "My mother was Scotland. My father was Germany."

Link

I understand it's annoying, but many of you seem reasonable, so it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that Trump supporters, and other republicans, don't see this sort of constant lying, if nothing else, as odd. It's not just things that are important or even done to impress who ever he's speaking to, it's lying about things no one gives a flying fig about and are easily verified.

“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period”

Chew on that again.

#4 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

Lying all around.

#5 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

What difference, at this point, does it make?

#6 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

Obama went to all 57 states.

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:02 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 02 April 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Lying all around.

:lol:

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

In all seriousness, Trump mostly appears an exaggerating type. I’ve met some before, so far they’ve been harmless and in no way malicious. And maybe amazingly, all very accomplished people, like they had no reason to exaggerate.

#9 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

View Posttonguezilla, on 02 April 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

Obama went to all 57 states.

And thinks Austrians speak 'Austrian'.

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:47 PM

View PostLadybird, on 02 April 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Link

Just keep on grasping at your straws, whataboutisms and feigning moral outrage. :crybaby2:

Your Obamunist was hundreds of times worse yet you never had any problem when he did nothing but tell great big fat whoppers all of the time, especially about his birthplace.

View PostHowsithangin, on 02 April 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

That's nothing. We had a president who may have incorrectly stated that he was born in the US

And was captured on video many times bragging that he was born/from another country.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 03 April 2019 - 01:32 AM

#11 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:55 AM

We're never going to find someone without flaws, it's like choosing most things in life, you sort through what's available for choices and make a decision. Nobody's ever said Trump's perfect, but unlike the last guy you put in the White House, he didn't lie / misrepresent what his intentions were for wanting to be president. Trump's focused on keeping his campaign promises, something the MSM can't seem to comprehend, I'd love to hear your take on what Obama was focused on after he took office...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 03 April 2019 - 05:57 AM

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

View PostRock N, on 02 April 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

Just keep on grasping at your straws, whataboutisms and feigning moral outrage. :crybaby2:

Your Obamunist was hundreds of times worse yet you never had any problem when he did nothing but tell great big fat whoppers all of the time, especially about his birthplace.

And was captured on video many times bragging that he was born/from another country.

#13 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:29 AM

Knew who posted without looking....... :coffeenpc:

#14 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:52 AM

The horror!

#15 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:01 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 02 April 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

:exactly:

Just another b.s. excuse for the OP to exhibit her TDS.

View PostBig Dave, on 03 April 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Knew who posted without looking....... :coffeenpc:

:yes:

View PostRock N, on 02 April 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

:clap:

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 02 April 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period”

Chew on that again.

Zing!

View Postgrimreefer, on 02 April 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Lying all around.

Obama Bin Lying.

#16 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:13 AM

Crab Dip
  • Prep 15 m
  • Cook 30 m
  • Ready In 45 m
Recipe By:Laurie O'Grady"Hot crab dip served in a bread bowl. Perfect for parties!"
Ingredients
  • 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  • In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
  • Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside to create a bread bowl. Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
  • Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf. Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a medium baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.

#17 User is offline   RibeyeSteak 

• Till We Meet Again
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:25 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 03 April 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

Crab Dip
  • Prep 15 m
  • Cook 30 m
  • Ready In 45 m
Recipe By:Laurie O'Grady"Hot crab dip served in a bread bowl. Perfect for parties!"
Ingredients
  • 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  • In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
  • Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside to create a bread bowl. Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
  • Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf. Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a medium baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.

A far more relevant and useful post than the opening one. :whistling:

#18 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:41 AM

I think they've got him now!!! Let's go straight to Leavenworth no need for impeachment :biglaugh:

#19 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/crybaby.gif

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/boohoo.gif
http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/crybaby2.gif

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/comfort.gif

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

View Postzurg, on 02 April 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

In all seriousness, Trump mostly appears an exaggerating type. I’ve met some before, so far they’ve been harmless and in no way malicious. And maybe amazingly, all very accomplished people, like they had no reason to exaggerate.

It’s not an exaggeration, it’s a lie.

I think he’s either a pathological liar, or more likely, a narcissist who gets off on the fact that he can lie and no one, especially not his devoted minions, will call him on it. It goes back to the bragging about being able to shoot someone and not losing support. He throws it right in the faces of the press. He’s also throwing it in the faces of all Americans but that matters little to a person like that.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users