RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Prayer request thread 4 - RightNation.US

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prayer request thread 4 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mooga 

• Benicio del Bunny
  • View blog
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

This may be TMI, but to hell with it.

A romantic partnership in which I'd invested the highest hopes came to a sudden -- and to me, inexplicable -- end early Tuesday morning. Am still in shock. Please pray I don't lose it.

#2 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Mooga @ Jan 27 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A romantic partnership in which I'd invested the highest hopes came to a sudden -- and to me, inexplicable -- end early Tuesday morning. Am still in shock. Please pray I don't lose it.

I am so sorry.

#3 User is offline   BookGirl 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:54 AM

As some of you know the baby in my avatar is my grandson. His dad, my wonderful son in law, has worked for his father for 12 years in a small used auto parts business. The business is closing next week (thank you President Obama for C4C and all the rest of your innovative policies to rescue our economy dry.gif ). Obviously son in law needs a job and it is very difficult for him right now finding one. His options are limited since this is all he has ever known. They're a young family, just married, new parents. They're very scared. There is a possible job opportunity at the company that I work for but it depends on several factors, one of which is us getting a large contract to get us through the coming months. Son in law has already talked to my boss, boss loves him but can't hire him until we know we have the contract. Son in law needs this job and we need the contract.

I ask for your prayers for my daughter and family, peace for them as they face this very big hurdle together, confidence for my son in law and an open door for him to walk through. If the door is the front door to my company that will be wonderful as I go through that door every day too.

#4 User is offline   Jax 

• Big Cat
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Mooga @ Jan 27 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got it, Moog. hug.gif

QUOTE (BookGirl @ Jan 28 2010, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As some of you know the baby in my avatar is my grandson. His dad, my wonderful son in law, has worked for his father for 12 years in a small used auto parts business. The business is closing next week (thank you President Obama for C4C and all the rest of your innovative policies to rescue our economy dry.gif ). Obviously son in law needs a job and it is very difficult for him right now finding one. His options are limited since this is all he has ever known. They're a young family, just married, new parents. They're very scared. There is a possible job opportunity at the company that I work for but it depends on several factors, one of which is us getting a large contract to get us through the coming months. Son in law has already talked to my boss, boss loves him but can't hire him until we know we have the contract. Son in law needs this job and we need the contract.

I ask for your prayers for my daughter and family, peace for them as they face this very big hurdle together, confidence for my son in law and an open door for him to walk through. If the door is the front door to my company that will be wonderful as I go through that door every day too.

Prayers on the way, BookGirl. Hope it all works out for him!

I need to add a request myself: My aunt has been ill for quite awhile with cancer. She'd been doing okay -- in fact, she came to Christmas Eve with the family, and seemed pretty good, actually. Unfortunately, she's taken a recent turn for the worse, and I think there's some concern that this may be it. I'd appreciate prayers of comfort for her and her family -- especially her brother and her kids. She's a wonderful, strong woman who's endured a lot in her life, and managed to be a fantastic single mom to three great kids. (They're all in their forties and have their own families, but I know this is very hard for them.) I worry that she's in pain and scared, and so am grateful for any prayers of comfort. Thank you.

#5 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Mooga @ Jan 27 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mooga, I'm so sorry. You are most definitely in my prayers, sweetie. hug.gif

QUOTE (BookGirl @ Jan 28 2010, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bookgirl, I've lifted up your family in my prayers that God does provide a job and that he gives your employer this contract. I've asked Him to remove the fear from all of you and be y'all Jehovah Jirah. hug.gif

QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 28 2010, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got it, Moog. hug.gif

Prayers on the way, BookGirl. Hope it all works out for him!

I need to add a request myself: My aunt has been ill for quite awhile with cancer. She'd been doing okay -- in fact, she came to Christmas Eve with the family, and seemed pretty good, actually. Unfortunately, she's taken a recent turn for the worse, and I think there's some concern that this may be it. I'd appreciate prayers of comfort for her and her family -- especially her brother and her kids. She's a wonderful, strong woman who's endured a lot in her life, and managed to be a fantastic single mom to three great kids. (They're all in their forties and have their own families, but I know this is very hard for them.) I worry that she's in pain and scared, and so am grateful for any prayers of comfort. Thank you.

I'm so sorry, Jax. Consider it done.

#6 User is offline   Bekisue 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

Must be just that kind of week. I'm sorry you're having a hard time everyone. I'll be praying for you.

Here's one of my own. My husband snores (no, that's not my request) so sometimes, to keep my sanity, I come downstairs and sleep on the couch. I either fell back to sleep on the way, or misjudged distance on our weird winding staircase and fell down a flight of stairs. I didn't even try to break my fall and landed pretty hard...on my bad shoulder. So I feel like I got hit by a truck and I don't THINK I re-hurt anything, but I'm going to go back to the surgeon if I don't feel better in a few days.

#7 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Bekisue @ Jan 28 2010, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must be just that kind of week. I'm sorry you're having a hard time everyone. I'll be praying for you.

Here's one of my own. My husband snores (no, that's not my request) so sometimes, to keep my sanity, I come downstairs and sleep on the couch. I either fell back to sleep on the way, or misjudged distance on our weird winding staircase and fell down a flight of stairs. I didn't even try to break my fall and landed pretty hard...on my bad shoulder. So I feel like I got hit by a truck and I don't THINK I re-hurt anything, but I'm going to go back to the surgeon if I don't feel better in a few days.

Oh man, Bekisue. I'm so sorry. Prayers have definitely been sent on your behalf. hug.gif

#8 User is offline   the minister's wife 

• <no title>

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Moogs--always in my prayers.

Bekisue---ouch. I could rub it and make it better but I am stuck here in Florida. Prayers, spiritual rubs. take care of yourself.

Jax, I am sorry about your aunt. she may be leaving like a tide going out, but there is still enough to splash in. Enjoy what you can and I will pray for your family as the tide carries her out to the ocean. God Bless.

BookGirl--these are trying times. It is good that they have family and some hope. Prayers for wisdom and vision and bounty.

I have a thanksgiving. Husband has not found a job. But has an interview next week. Plus, he is schmoozing at a meeting and has found it very uplifting. Considering he has been very down, this is a good thing all in all. I am grateful for what I have. Health, food, gas in the car and for the moment a roof over our heads. But to hear him sound happy is such a blessing.

Son graduated from college a year ago and was looking to go on to grad school while doing whatever work he could get. He just heard from his first pick... he is accepted. Problem is, it is on the West(Wacky)Coast-Washington State. One thing at a time...God be praised for the refreshing breeze and renewed spirit.

I pray that for all of you as well.

#9 User is offline   Jax 

• Big Cat
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Bekisue -- I hope your shoulder is feeling okay.

TMW -- Prayers that next week's interview goes well for your husband, and the meeting helps keep his spirits high, and also that graduate school works out for your son.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers for my Aunt. She passed this morning. I know she's not in pain anymore, and her kids were all there with her, so all's as well as one could hope for given the circumstances. Though I can't claim we were overly close, I will always remember her for her strength, her grace, and her infectious laugh. May she rest in peace.

#10 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

I'm so sorry, Jax. hug.gif

#11 User is offline   s4t 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

So sorry to hear about your aunt, Jax.

#12 User is offline   Bekisue 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 30 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TMW -- Prayers that next week's interview goes well for your husband, and the meeting helps keep his spirits high, and also that graduate school works out for your son.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers for my Aunt. She passed this morning. I know she's not in pain anymore, and her kids were all there with her, so all's as well as one could hope for given the circumstances. Though I can't claim we were overly close, I will always remember her for her strength, her grace, and her infectious laugh. May she rest in peace.

Aw, Jax, I am so sorry. hug.gif
TMW, I hope things go the way you want them to with your husband's interview hug.gif

#13 User is offline   katnapper 

• Obama: America's first TIC
  • View blog
  • Group: Gold

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

I just came to this thread. I am sorry to hear about your aunt Jax. hug.gif Beki- I am so sorry to hear that you fell and landed on your bad shoulder I hope and pray that it gets better soon. Bookgirl - wishing you the best in these trying times. Let us know how it turns out. Ministers wife- I am glad that your husband has seen a shaft of sunlight in the darkness and I hope that it keeps on shining for him and lights up your life. May things also work out well for your son. Moog- been there done that- it may work out best of luck.

#14 User is offline   dan r 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

Will add to our prayers.

#15 User is offline   pict 

• If you expect a PC response, forget it!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

I just saw all this, everyone has prayers from me.

#16 User is offline   kommiefornia escapee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 30 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So sad that people still have to suffer from cancer. Sometimes I actually think it's harder on family and friends than it is for the patient. I hesitated telling my family because I didn't want them worrying about me, selfish as that may seem. God comfort you and your family. Treasure the good memories.

#17 User is offline   Riothouse 

• This Space for Rent -- Cheap

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Mooga @ Jan 27 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mooga I wanted to let you know that I've been praying for you. I was really sad to read this. When something ends so unexpectedly and abruptly it really leaves you unraveled. I am praying for you and will continue to do so.

#18 User is offline   Riothouse 

• This Space for Rent -- Cheap

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

Jax, sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as if prayers were answered and that you were all gifted with a lifetime of beautiful memories about her.

Bekisue -- how is your shoulder doing?

#19 User is offline   Bekisue 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Riothouse @ Feb 2 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jax, sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as if prayers were answered and that you were all gifted with a lifetime of beautiful memories about her.

Bekisue -- how is your shoulder doing?

Thanks for asking. I don't think I reinjured it during my tumble down the stairs, so that's good. I'm back to where I was before, hurting at night and when I'm cold. My range of motion is great, though!

#20 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Bekisue @ Feb 2 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for asking. I don't think I reinjured it during my tumble down the stairs, so that's good. I'm back to where I was before, hurting at night and when I'm cold. My range of motion is great, though!

Range of motion--

sounds like an oven-mobile.

(And there goes Bekisue, driving down the freeway in her "range of motion.")

Please forgive me. It has been "that" kind of day and I am looking for humor where ever I can find it.

This post has been edited by wag-a-muffin: 02 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users