RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ISIS Bride’s Father Sues Trump Administration To Restore Terrorist’s - RightNation.US

ISIS Bride’s Father Sues Trump Administration To Restore Terrorist’s Obama administration initially determined she was not a citizen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

ISIS Bride’s Father Sues Trump Administration To Restore Terrorist’s Passport

HotAir
Ed Morrissey
Posted at 9:21 am on February 22, 2019

Excerpt:

Is Hoda Muthana a US citizen, and does the Trump administration have to allow the ISIS bride and Twitter terrorist to return? Muthana’s father has filed a lawsuit to force the administration to restore her passport, but it turns out that the Trump administration didn’t cancel it. That action was taken three years ago:

The father of an Alabama woman who joined the Islamic State in Syria filed suit against the Trump administration Thursday in an effort to allow her return to the United States.

Ahmed Ali Muthana argues in the suit filed in federal court in Washington that his 24-year-old daughter, Hoda Muthana, is an American citizen by birth and should be allowed to come back to the U.S. with her toddler son. …

The Obama administration initially determined she was not a citizen and notified her family that it was revoking her passport in January 2016.

So they’ve had three years’ notice that Muthana would not be allowed to re-enter the US. She came to the attention of the Obama administration after Muthana joined ISIS, but also when she started using Twitter in 2015 to urge Muslims in the US to conduct murders, drive-by shootings, and mayhem. Counterterrorism officials must have reviewed her record at that time and discovered the error in assuming her citizenship.

Perhaps it’s understandable that the family didn’t take immediate action to challenge the revocation of her passport at that time. What was the point if Muthana planned to stay in ISIS? Three years later, the “caliphate” she blithely chose to support along with its aims of destroying America has collapsed, and suddenly Muthana wants a do-over. Now her family wants to bring her home, which is understandable from their point of view, but a little late nonetheless in defending Muthana’s status.

Muthana’s family can count on the media to provide sympathetic coverage, especially if they paint this as an action by Donald Trump and his administration. That strategy is already off to a good start with ABC News’ gauzy interview of Muthana and the focus on ISIS brides in general as victims adrift in a chaotic collapse. This bizarre headline from Agence France-Presse gives a pretty good flavor of the approach most media outlets have given this issue.

As a shy, studious teenager in Alabama, Hoda Muthana rarely made waves. After her abrupt transformation into a fiery supporter of Islamic State extremists, she is under the scanner of the top levels of the US government https://t.co/nTDfQcCM7G

— AFP news agency (@AFP) February 22, 2019

What’s the point of AFP’s headline? It must be news to AFP that the US government takes an interest when its residents join terrorist groups and urge the mass murder of Americans. Why frame it with the lead-in of Hoda Muthana being “a shy, studious teenager,” as if that has anything to do with the crimes she committed? Muthana was 19 when she slipped out of the US to join ISIS and 20 when she began fomenting terror on social media. Nor is any of this “sudden.” Muthana has been on the counterterrorism radar since 2015, and her attempt to re-enter the US should be getting attention at high levels, especially with the high-level media strategy her family has employed to get her back in the US.

*snip*

The Rest

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

I wonder how many beheadings she enthusiastically attended...

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

Something, something... GFY.

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

Isn’t GItmo on US soil? ;)

#5 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

View Posterp, on 22 February 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

It's a win-win solution! Everybody gets what they want. :lol:

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

View Posterp, on 22 February 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

:thumbsup:

#7 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

How does her dad get to sue? She is an adult right?

#8 User is online   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 22 February 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

It's a win-win solution! Everybody gets what they want. :lol:

No. If she is an American citizen then she should be shot for treason. Period

#9 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Let her back in. Meet her at the airport with handcuffs. Lock her up as long as a treason conviction will permit. Her parents will need to raise the baby.

#10 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 22 February 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Let her back in. Meet her at the airport with handcuffs. Lock her up as long as a treason conviction will permit. Her parents will need to raise the baby.

Her parents raised her.

Will the result be any different?

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

View Postlinewinder, on 22 February 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

No. If she is an American citizen then she should be shot for treason. Period

I don't believe she IS an American citizen. She's an "Enemy Combatant". Rule 303 should apply here.

#12 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

Her dad was a diplomat when she was born. She has no citizenship rights.

#13 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

View PostModerator T, on 22 February 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Her dad was a diplomat when she was born. She has no citizenship rights.

I *wish* that was the be-all end-all case-closed end of discussion.

The Dad, by a matter of weeks, was apparently no longer "employed" as a diplomat.

BUT... was he still here, on US Soil, by virtue of the diplomatic status that GOT him here in the first place? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am so close to being a "Legal Eagle" (JM at Emory) that I can almost taste it, but even I can't split the legal hairs properly.

She's still on foreign soil. Let's just apply Rule 303 and make it a moot point.

And as an aside: Why am I seemingly "contrarian" at times? Well, in law school you learn to prepare the OTHER side's case first. Figure out all THEIR arguments first, then figure out how to defeat them. Full credit to Prof. Brian Tracy et al, but I didn't really need to be told that. As a former miscreant, I KNOW how to get around whatever formalities of a purported security apparatus.

Y'all are lucky that I'm on YOUR side. As far as you know.

#14 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:02 PM

303? That seems a tad overkill when .22 can do the job.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 22 February 2019 - 07:02 PM

#15 User is online   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 22 February 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

I don't believe she IS an American citizen. She's an "Enemy Combatant". Rule 303 should apply here.

Hence my "If", I guess I should have bolded the if.

I cant believe her idiot father would try to get her back, knowing the legal
ramifications of her treasonous acts.
And I otherwise agree with your enemy combatant statement.

#16 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hey, the Obama administration said she had no claim - and they are the ones who created, funded, directed and of course sympathized with ISIS.

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 22 February 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Are you sure? I knew a guy who was running a charity footrace around Greenlake in north Seattle a few decades ago. Got hit in the forehead by a stray .22 bullet. Figured he'd been stung by a bee or something and finished the race. Didn't find out it was a bullet until hours later.

Knew another guy who was gonna butcher a pig for winter meat. Had all these people advising him the best way to kill the pig; what part of the head to hit with the sledgehammer, etc. He figured he'd just shoot it in the head. Unfortunately he chose a .22 for the job. Angry pig? You better believe it. Dead pig? Nope. Not even close.

Sure, I realize a perfectly-placed .22 by an expert marksman will usually do the job. But not all people are expert marksmen and not all shots are perfectly-placed. I think a .303 is an excellent choice. Hell, hit her in the foot and she'll still bleed to death.

;)

#18 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 22 February 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

:lol: :2up:

#19 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:58 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 February 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Are you sure? I knew a guy who was running a charity footrace around Greenlake in north Seattle a few decades ago. Got hit in the forehead by a stray .22 bullet. Figured he'd been stung by a bee or something and finished the race. Didn't find out it was a bullet until hours later.

Knew another guy who was gonna butcher a pig for winter meat. Had all these people advising him the best way to kill the pig; what part of the head to hit with the sledgehammer, etc. He figured he'd just shoot it in the head. Unfortunately he chose a .22 for the job. Angry pig? You better believe it. Dead pig? Nope. Not even close.

Sure, I realize a perfectly-placed .22 by an expert marksman will usually do the job. But not all people are expert marksmen and not all shots are perfectly-placed. I think a .303 is an excellent choice. Hell, hit her in the foot and she'll still bleed to death.

;)

The 303 definitely will do the job. Don't underestimate the 22 though. There are plenty of stories of people shot with a .22 who were absolutely shredded inside. The thing with the .22 is that it doesn't usually have the strength to pass all the way through its target. So instead it plays ping pong inside the target.

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

View PostModerator T, on 23 February 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

The 303 definitely will do the job. Don't underestimate the 22 though. There are plenty of stories of people shot with a .22 who were absolutely shredded inside. The thing with the .22 is that it doesn't usually have the strength to pass all the way through its target. So instead it plays ping pong inside the target.

I agree; I've had enough "plinking" experience with .22s to know they can be effective. My point was merely that a .303 will be effective. Period.

B)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users