RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Of Donalds and Stalking Horses - RightNation.US

-----
First all that disclaimer stuff, I am not now, nor have I ever been an operative for a candidate in opposition to Donald Trump. Also I respect and or admire many of the below mentioned based on their personal accomplishments and not their race, gender, or if they’re left or right-handed.

The stalking horse can be someone who mounts a challenge against someone on behalf of an anonymous third party and after observation, review and deduction I wonder if his Donaldness is a Stalking Horse for the democrats in general or the Clinton campaign in particular.

Follow me into my thinking if you dare.

The Donald has in the past been quite friendly with the Clintons, even donating money to past Hillary campaigns, on the face this is not necessarily a sin as after all Trump is a business man so it would follow that he should be on good terms with his state’s representatives. Logically it follows then to ask “is this a recent habit or has he donated to politicians in the past that his interests might conflict with?”

Some of his positions and actions in the past have also been, some might say, “progressive” in nature; the Donald has been on the record as favoring a single payer healthcare system (something I’m sure Hillary and he share) also if Trump is such a fan of sealing the border why has he been fairly silent about it in the past? As a very successful business man and a television personality he certainly has not been denied a forum from which to speak.

Notice also the republican candidates he has been attacking and on the particulars of his individual attacks.

On Perry he attacks the former Governors choice of eyewear in an attempt to paint him as a dunce and not very bright, while failing to speak about Perry’s record both in the statehouse and his performance at the border;

In regards to Christie, Jindal, Walker, Huckabee and Jeb Bush, all former or current state chief executives his attacks follow similar stratagems, only avoiding the appearance of hitting on the same points;

On the senators Cruz, Rubio or Graham he either attacks their inexperience (the “Obama Resume”) or that they are career politico’s such as Graham; barely attacking them on merits of individual accomplishment.

Of the remaining significant candidates, Fiorina, Kasich and Carson, all have either not made a big enough impact as yet or they belong to a “protected” class that would open Trump up to fire that he is unwilling or not ready to take on right now. That may change in the future.

Other than standard “they are evil, but we are wonderful and virtuous” boilerplate, trump has really not taken many shots at the democrat field to date.

What does all this mean and what questions are begged?

Simply, is Trump a “Stalking Horse” attempting to eliminate more conservative choices because he disagrees with them? Can he, intentionally or not, be working for more progressive causes because he is a “RINO” from the northeast (the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing)? Is he a “plant” or “ringer” for the DNC/Hillary campaign to insure a Clinton win?

As simple deduction and attempted objective interpretation of the facts has led me here, they do not lead me to speculate on his potential gains if true.

That or I haven’t had enough coffee yet today.

3 Comments On This Entry

First, a quibble...

The Donald has in the past been quite friendly with the Clintons, even donating money to past Hillary campaigns, on the face this is not necessarily a sin as after all Trump is a business man so it would follow that he should be on good terms with his state’s representatives.

It is a sin given the fact that all I hear from Trumpeters is that they're tired of cronyism, and The Donald is gonna fight the cronyism. You don't get to where The Donald is by donating to lefty politicians, but you do stay there that way. That's the very essence of cronyism.

Is he a stalking horse for Hillary? Maybe. A more simple explanation is his fans have convinced him he can be and should be president. He knows he can't get the Dem nomination, so by default he wants the GOP spot. Or at least he wants to get close. I don't think he really wants to go through with it, though.
Page 1 of 1

Categories