RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Melissa Etheridge smokes pot with her kids: 'It brings you much cl - RightNation.US

Melissa Etheridge smokes pot with her kids: 'It brings you much cl Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   vectorsrule 

• Fear is excitement in need of an attitude adjustment
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 19 April 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

They are both under the legal age for consumption. You can still be 20 and be underage. Same applies for alcohol. If you get caught drinking at age 20, you are considered underage.

Now, as this is their parent, I think it is likely "Legal". However, my opinion is that it is a bad idea, and is, again, piss poor parenting. Parents are supposed to be a stabilizing force in a child's life. Not a person to smoke weed and groove with.

I addressed this in an eailer post.

#42 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

I knew a couple kids whose parents allowed weed smoking in the house. Their homes were the cool, popular spots to go, but even then I was quietly grateful that my parents were squares.

I don't think of it as the same as this situation though. It's not like she's letting the entire class blaze up in her living room and the legal ramifications have changed.

#43 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

I knew a couple kids whose parents allowed weed smoking in the house. Their homes were the cool, popular spots to go, but even then I was quietly grateful that my parents were squares.

I don't think of it as the same as this situation though. It's not like she's letting the entire class blaze up in her living room and the legal ramifications have changed.

Like I said, I'll bet these kids would rather it be that way, with their friends, rather than have to sit around the family room and get high while watching Lifetime movies with mom. No matter how cool she wants to be.

#44 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

Magic Rat, on 19 April 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Like I said, I'll bet these kids would rather it be that way, with their friends, rather than have to sit around the family room and get high while watching Lifetime movies with mom. No matter how cool she wants to be.

Just being high while watching an endless round of every-man-is-a-stalker movies would be enough to send me running from the room.

#45 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 19 April 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

I said that he was raised by a celebutard and is a second generation celebutard.

That means being exposed to all of the things that you would expect to find in a celebutard household where they have alot of money, alot of far left leaning ideas and enjoyed the 'untouchable' mindset and status that comes from being a celebutard in Hollywood, and add to that that his father was a celebutard activist for far left leaning issues during very permissive decades, and that doubles down on the 'untouchable by the law' mindset.

He had drug issues from his youth, BEFORE his acting career began, admitted to by his father in the midst of one of the many public scandals surrounding his son's drug use, stemming from living the lifestyle where anything goes and they had all the money to pay for it because celebutard parents believe in allowing their offspring to explore the world without boundaries or, apparently, consequences, and unlimited funds.

People in the industry knew that Charlie Sheen had a substance problem but it didn't keep him from getting work and making money. At the height of the firestorm surrounding his drug use he got fired from the very popular Two and a Half Men because he was having issues with Chuck Lorre over his showing up late, stoned and unable to do the work he was hired to do.

DESPITE that open, unabashed issue that Sheen was only too happy to brag about, he landed a HUGE pay raise for his new show. A result of his drug use was getting fired from Two and a Half Men, and then hired to a better paying job, and that's how the timeline went.

Now, I have been very specific about my reasons so I hope that there is no confusion in my meaning.

Can you tell me where I am wrong to see a correlation to the lifestyle he was raised in and then the lifestyle he was living ( one influencing the other, and which apparently nobody had a problem with because plenty of people wanted to hire him with his well documented habits ) and that unabashed illicit lifestyle that garnered the attention was what landed him the higher paying gig than the one he'd gotten fired for from Two and a Half Men?

And that same celebrity lifestyle that Etheridge lives where she has no compunctions breaking the law because she thinks she's cool and toking up with her kids proves she's a cool mom, will have a direct impact on all her children, over 18 and under 12?

Nicole Richie, Drew Barrymore, Alexis Arquette, Tatum O'Neal, Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Penn...

No, there's no correlation between being raised in a celebutard household with unlimited funds, no boundaries and a sense of being above the law that could have a negative influence on kids or that their scandalous lifestyles just creates more interest from the viewing public that translates to getting roles in film and TV that fuels the cycle for more and more of the same until they end up become heroine chic martyrs.

As for Charlie Sheen, the result of being fired for being a drug addicted, hooker collecting, tiger blood infused megalomaniac was a massive pay raise over the job he was fired from for being all of those extremes, and he got to entirely jettison the morals and standard code of conduct clauses removed from his new contract.

Which meant he had fewer rules to ignore as he charges full speed ahead toward that tragic Hollywood legend status.

OK I think I understand better what you meant. The way you worded it originally, I thought you meant the reason he was rich & famous ("obscene amounts of money") was because of his hedonistic lifestyle. As though he was poor & unknown before, had no career, no major film or TV roles, no money to speak of, etc, and then as a direct result of his drugs & alcohol & hookers & such, he suddenly became rich & famous.

I no longer think that's what you're trying to say. I sure hope not anyway.

B)

#46 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Charlie Sheen has three other siblings that aren't hedonistic, drug using, whore chasers. Mr. Sheens' problems are of his own making.

#47 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Charlie Sheen has three other siblings that aren't hedonistic, drug using, whore chasers. Mr. Sheens' problems are of his own making.

His brother Emelio Estevez seems to be a decent sort, but has been pretty much out of the limelight since the '90s. Don't know anything at all about the other two.

I'm sure there's a story behind why Emelio kept the REAL family name (Father = Ramon Estevez = "Martin Sheen", Brother = Carlos Estevez = "Charlie Sheen") while the others didn't.

#48 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Just being high while watching an endless round of every-man-is-a-stalker movies would be enough to send me running from the room.

:biglaugh:

a sense of humor?...I thought you were a lib? :whistling: anyway good one!

Kestrel...

#49 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostSARGE, on 17 April 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

"My children have a very clear understanding of cannabis," she told Yahoo. "When I hold it without shame or confusion, then they can understand it as simple as if I was pointing to a bottle of Percocet and said, 'That's Mama's medicine.' You take the naughtiness out of it, and it's not something that kids run to."

[snip]

http://www.foxnews.c...uch-closer.html

Hey, Captain Dumbschidt Melissa, if it 'takes the naughtiness out of it' why is prescription opioid abuse rampant?

Why do most heroin addicts (major epidemic) get started on prescription opioids?

I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt on this topic BECAUSE of the out of control opioid abuse. As I try to read her statement, I can't put lipstick on the pig and make it sound better (because involving her kids is just an attempt at appearing cool and increasing record sales)......but I think her sentiment was correct. The beginnings of opioid abuse are often ignored because it is prescribed. In the future, I would hope that parents don't need to smoke it because the FDA allows cannabis oil pills (Cannabidiol CBD) to become the norm.

NFL players get suspended and can lose their job for any use of marijuana.......yet the teams and doctors have them taking opioids like candy.

Some folks may remember things I have said on the topic in the past (not that I expect anyone too) about marijuana being a gateway drug, but I have greatly evolved on that subject. God put marijuana on Earth for a reason. I don't think it was for kids to abuse, but I do think it was put there for a medical reason.

#50 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

Happy 420.

#51 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostLadybird, on 20 April 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Happy 420.

My girlfriend & I went to the local pot store's "420 Party" today. Live music, free food, door prizes & raffles, etc. Had lots of fun.

(I don't smoke it anymore, but she does.)

:D

#52 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostMagic Rat, on 19 April 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

I think you've just described my personal vision of hell! Funny comment.

#53 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 April 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

My girlfriend & I went to the local pot store's "420 Party" today. Live music, free food, door prizes & raffles, etc. Had lots of fun.

(I don't smoke it anymore, but she does.)

:D

#54 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostSARGE, on 21 April 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

That very song was running through my mind as I posted.

:2up:

#55 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostDutch13, on 20 April 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt on this topic BECAUSE of the out of control opioid abuse. As I try to read her statement, I can't put lipstick on the pig and make it sound better (because involving her kids is just an attempt at appearing cool and increasing record sales)......but I think her sentiment was correct. The beginnings of opioid abuse are often ignored because it is prescribed. In the future, I would hope that parents don't need to smoke it because the FDA allows cannabis oil pills (Cannabidiol CBD) to become the norm.

NFL players get suspended and can lose their job for any use of marijuana.......yet the teams and doctors have them taking opioids like candy.

Some folks may remember things I have said on the topic in the past (not that I expect anyone too) about marijuana being a gateway drug, but I have greatly evolved on that subject. God put marijuana on Earth for a reason. I don't think it was for kids to abuse, but I do think it was put there for a medical reason.

You had me, Dutch, RIGHT UP until the "God put marijuana on Earth for a reason." I reject that out of hand, because G-d ALSO created hemlock and scorpions, just to name a couple. And as a former strip club manager, I am ALSO mindful that G-d created the first naked woman.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host:
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Oh, lord. I walk into certain clubs. That which the Almighty created is on display in all it's glory (PBUH). I can appreciate a work of art as much as the next guy.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users