RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: PETA vs. A Seafood Restaurant - RightNation.US

PETA vs. A Seafood Restaurant Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:21 AM

View PostJerryL, on 15 May 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

Crabs and oysters...two types of seafood that I just can't do. Used to go crabbing with my Dad when I was a kid, though, in and around Port Townsend. That was fun. But eating that stinky stuff...no thanks.

Clams, mussels, shrimp, prawns, langouste, lobster...bring it on!

I love 'em all. (Had to look up langouste, but now that I know it's just a variety of lobster, I'm sure I'd love it.)

:yes:

Edited to add: I can't deny I'm a little surprised by your objection to crab. I know lots of people who are put off by oysters' "squishy" texture, but crab meat's texture is very similar to lobster or prawns. I know others who object to the "huge insect" look of shellfish, LOL, but again that would describe both lobsters & prawns. Therefore since you aren't put off by the texture or the "bug-like" appearance of lobsters or prawns, I can't figure out what it might be about crab that you dislike.

:shrug:

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 15 May 2019 - 03:30 AM

#22 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:49 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

I love 'em all. (Had to look up langouste, but now that I know it's just a variety of lobster, I'm sure I'd love it.)

Edited to add: I can't deny I'm a little surprised by your objection to crab. I know lots of people who are put off by oysters' "squishy" texture, but crab meat's texture is very similar to lobster or prawns. I know others who object to the "huge insect" look of shellfish, LOL, but again that would describe both lobsters & prawns. Therefore since you aren't put off by the texture or the "bug-like" appearance of lobsters or prawns, I can't figure out what it might be about crab that you dislike.

Easy, my friend.

I can't stand the smell!!

#23 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:10 AM

View PostJerryL, on 15 May 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

Easy, my friend.

Fair enough! I realize everybody's food preferences & dislikes are every bit as valid as my own. It's not required for me to understand why somebody dislikes something. Lots of people think I'm crazy because I hate sweet potatoes. And s'mores. It's funny how I love chocolate, love graham crackers, love marshmallows, but can't stand s'mores, LOL. I can't explain it, because I don't understand it either.

#24 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

View PostJerryL, on 15 May 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

Easy, my friend.

:yeahthat:

#25 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:17 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 05:10 AM, said:

Fair enough! I realize everybody's food preferences & dislikes are every bit as valid as my own. It's not required for me to understand why somebody dislikes something. Lots of people think I'm crazy because I hate sweet potatoes. And s'mores. It's funny how I love chocolate, love graham crackers, love marshmallows, but can't stand s'mores, LOL. I can't explain it, because I don't understand it either.

I just don't find the odor pleasant and since it tastes like it smells...

BTW, you are not alone on either sweet potatoes or s'mores.

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 15 May 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

:yeahthat:

I am not alone!

#26 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

I grew up in Port Aransas Texas (before I left to join the Marine Corps at 18) and to say seafood was a staple in our lives is an understatement.
I particularly like strong tasting pelagics. My Mom made the best tasting fish patties with king fish (mackerel)

I remember as a kid spending the day at the beach catching blue crab around the jetties,
and digging coquinas. Later that evening there would be a #3 washtub on the stove to boil the crabs.
A pot of coquina soup to go with it.

On super special days we would have stone crab claws.

#27 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

View Postlinewinder, on 15 May 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

I grew up in Port Aransas Texas (before I left to join the Marine Corps at 18) and to say seafood was a staple in our lives is an understatement.
I particularly like strong tasting pelagics. My Mom made the best tasting fish patties with king fish (mackerel)

I remember as a kid spending the day at the beach catching blue crab around the jetties,
and digging coquinas. Later that evening there would be a #3 washtub on the stove to boil the crabs.
A pot of coquina soup to go with it.

On super special days we would have stone crab claws.

:blush:

I had to look up "pelagics" and "coquinas". You'd think somebody (like me) who loves virtually all varieties of seafood would already be familiar with those words...

#28 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

I had to look up "pelagics" and "coquinas". You'd think somebody (like me) who loves virtually all varieties of seafood would already be familiar with those words...

Ive not had coquina soup (more like a chowder I guess) in over 30 years. They are very small and it
took a <censored>load, but with 6 siblings we had fun gathering them a litle at a time between swimming and crabbing.

#29 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

View Postlinewinder, on 15 May 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Ive not had coquina soup (more like a chowder I guess) in over 30 years. They are very small and it
took a <censored>load, but with 6 siblings we had fun gathering them a litle at a time between swimming and crabbing.

I admit I didn't realize those little "teepee-shelled" things were edible. Are they tasty? Chewy?

I've never seen them offered for sale in any restaurant, store, seafood market, etc.

#30 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

I admit I didn't realize those little "teepee-shelled" things were edible. Are they tasty? Chewy?

I've never seen them offered for sale in any restaurant, store, seafood market, etc.

I bet they are at the Pike Place Market in Seattle...

#31 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 15 May 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

I bet they are at the Pike Place Market in Seattle...

Wouldn't surprise me. If I was desperate to find some, that would be one of the first places I'd check.

#32 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

I beleive they are related to clams and not too chewy. they are so small it does not take much to masticate them.

#33 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

View Postlinewinder, on 15 May 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

I beleive they are related to clams and not too chewy. they are so small it does not take much to masticate them.

Maybe I'll try 'em sometime.

B)

#34 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

View Postlinewinder, on 15 May 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

They are also called Limpets.

The Hawaiians call them Opihi, and eat em raw =)

This post has been edited by Tikk: 15 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

#35 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:55 PM

My husband and I watch "Alone" on the History channel whenever it is a new season. I remember limpets, because one survivor practically lived off them.

I knew I was addicted to the show when one afternoon I went out back and saw a dead squirrel and for one second thought, "LUNCH!"
(Only for one second, though.)

Edit to add: Season 6 of Alone premieres on Thursday June 6 at 7 p.m. PT on History.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 15 May 2019 - 08:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users