RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: GP crisis laid bare: 200 surgeries shut, and just 8 open in the past y - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GP crisis laid bare: 200 surgeries shut, and just 8 open in the past y Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

GP crisis laid bare: 200 surgeries shut, and just 8 open in the past year… as 760,000 more patients register pushing services to breaking point

• Some 202 practices in England closed or merged in England over last 12 months
  • The same period has seen 760,000 more patients registered with GP services
  • Doctors say morale at an all-time low and many GPs abandoning the profession

By Ben Spencer Medical Correspondent For The Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 15:58 BST, 14 July 2017 | UPDATED: 17:03 BST, 14 July 2017

Thousands of patients have seen their GP practice close in the last year as pressure on the NHS escalates, startling new statistics reveal. Some 202 practices across England closed or merged with another service in the last 12 months - and only eight new practices have opened. The same period has seen 760,000 more patients registered with GP services, taking the number of people relying on family doctors up to 58.5million. Doctors warned that general practice is now at breaking point, with morale at an all-time low and many GPs abandoning the profession. The figures, published by NHS Digital, do not differentiate between surgeries that have closed and those that have merged. But with hundreds of GPs retiring or quitting the NHS each year, it is likely many will be due to closures.

An investigation by Pulse magazine in April suggested more than a quarter of a million patients were forced to change surgery in 2016. With each of England's 7,400 GP practices serving an average of 8,000 patients, if even half of the 202 practices identified have actually closed, 800,000 patients will have lost their surgery in the last 12 months.

GPs on the Isle of Wight are 'too tired' to staff its out of hours primary care service, which runs between midnight and 8am.
Caroline Morris, head of primary care and corporate business at the CCG, told the Health Service Journal: 'The major issue is the pressure in hours is leaving our GPs too tired.
'Because the island is a small place and we are relatively isolated, we have a small number of GPs to call on to deliver both in hours and out of hours care and they're broadly the same people.

'What [GPs] are telling me is they're working a 12 hour day, in hours, and then they just haven't got enough [energy] left to safely do an overnight shift.'

<snip>
LINK
*******************************************************************************************
Ah, socialized medicine...

#2 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to tell us how wonderful the NHS really is...

#3 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 16 July 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

What [GPs] are telling me is they're working a 12 hour day, in hours, and then they just haven't got enough [energy] left to safely do an overnight shift.

A small price to pay for doing the right thing. Now get back to work. There are plenty more unskilled, unemployed immigrants on the way who need medical care.

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

700,000 more people register? Wonder how many of them are wonderful Muslooms' that hate the UK?

#5 User is offline   vectorsrule 

• Fear is excitement in need of an attitude adjustment
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:10 AM

My wife is a GP and just gave her notice. She is going to take a year off and then go into functional medicine that doesn't take insurance. The insurance companies set the rates (and hours) for GP's, not the free market. She works 70 hours a week with half that going to paperwork not seeing patients. Every year the government puts on more stuff on the Doctors to show they care, making life hell for the Doctor. For example, now she has to ask, and officially record if you have a gun in your house. My wife thinks this has nothing to do with medicine and this is a back alley way of gun registration.

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

View Postvectorsrule, on 17 July 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

My wife is a GP and just gave her notice. She is going to take a year off and then go into functional medicine that doesn't take insurance. The insurance companies set the rates (and hours) for GP's, not the free market. She works 70 hours a week with half that going to paperwork not seeing patients. Every year the government puts on more stuff on the Doctors to show they care, making life hell for the Doctor. For example, now she has to ask, and officially record if you have a gun in your house. My wife thinks this has nothing to do with medicine and this is a back alley way of gun registration.

My answer is yes I have a 'gun', no you can't see unless there is a valid medical reason, and the only person who gets to see or use it is my wife.
And... it is always 'on me' at all times.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users