RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Battlebots "It's Robot Fighting Time" again - RightNation.US

Battlebots "It's Robot Fighting Time" again Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 01 September 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Spoiler

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE 9/6 EPISODE.

Spoiler

#62 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 07 September 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE 9/6 EPISODE.

Spoiler

Yup, Bronco's history.

And yup, it's sad.

:(

#63 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

Loved it last night. And the rake guy? Such a good try. I thought most of the fights were good. (We've gotten past the inept robots and everyone last night had a chance.)

Trying not to post a spoiler. But the one fight where the robot who was ahead and about to win wouldn't stop attacking??? I thought, "Back off and let the ref count your opponent out before you blow a fuse or something.")

Whoever is matched with WitchDoctor has (in my opinion) the best seed. She's skated into the final 16. (If you disagree, I'm good with that.)

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 14 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

#64 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

Don't worry - If there was a spoiler in there somewhere it went "whooosh" right over my head, LOL.

Last night we tried to watch it, but both kept falling asleep. You see, the day before, (Thursday/Thursday night) was our every-other-week visit with our grandson, and we always have so much fun with him that we NEVER get any sleep worth mentioning. LOL. So by Friday night we were completely wiped out. We kept waking each other up - "Hey honey! Wake up! You're missing the match!" Then when we both fell asleep and missed at least two or three matches in a row we gave up and went to bed. We figure we'll watch the repeat later.

:shrug:

#65 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:05 AM

Spoiler

#66 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

Spoiler

#67 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

OK I've seen it now. And since it seems only the three of us are watching, no further need for spoilers (until next friday, LOL.)

Wags - when you talk about the "fight where the robot who was ahead and about to win wouldn't stop attacking" I take it you mean Blacksmith vs Rotator?

As for the three-way, (Sorry, I couldn't think of a non-X-rated way to put that, LOL), they had 17 legit contenders. One 3-way contest was the only solution capable of narrowing 17 down to 8. They really had no logical alternative.

B)

#68 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 September 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

As for the three-way, (Sorry, I couldn't think of a non-X-rated way to put that, LOL), they had 17 legit contenders. One 3-way contest was the only solution capable of narrowing 17 down to 8. They really had no logical alternative.

B)

I disagree. A logical alternative would have been adding Free Shipping to the rumble so there'd be an even number of bots in it, making it a lot less likely that one could get away with the sneaky and underhanded hanging back "strategy." There were a few other 2-2 "legitimate contender" bots there that night, plus one of the bots Free Shipping beat was Railgun MAX, itself, and its two losses came against Hydra and Yeti, two of the most elite bots in the competition (well, Hydra is, at least...and Yeti did manage to go 4-1). Not sure why Free Shipping wasn't involved in this or some other scenario, anyway, to be honest, if we confine our look to this season (as we rightfully should) and not its overall career record.

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 15 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

#69 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:45 PM

Dupe.

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 15 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

#70 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

Dupe, again (sh!t!).

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 15 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

#71 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:52 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 September 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

OK I've seen it now. And since it seems only the three of us are watching, no further need for spoilers (until next friday, LOL.)

Wags - when you talk about the "fight where the robot who was ahead and about to win wouldn't stop attacking" I take it you mean Blacksmith vs Rotator?

B)

Yes. I was actually hoping Rotator would win, but Blacksmith almost took himself out because his "strategy" was so pathetic. You've won the fight. Back off and let the ref count him out before that smoke coming from your bot makes you unable to move.

And I agree with Ben about a 4 fight being more fair than the three.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users