RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Dick’s CEO Says Anti-Gun Policy Shrank Company - RightNation.US

Dick’s CEO Says Anti-Gun Policy Shrank Company by a 'Quarter Billion Dollars' Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Loch Gates 

• Learn to Suffer
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

Everyone with a brain knows Go Woke Get Broke.

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:46 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 10 October 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

CBS Sunday Morning host Lee Cowan asked Dick's CEO Ed Stack how much his company lost after the retailer decided to stop selling firearms to anyone under the age of 21.

"About a quarter of a billion," Stack replied. "Pretty close."

I dislike arbritary age limits and such BS. And WHY is that I can walk into a liquor store and buy enough Hard Liquor to give all of Cobb County a hangover without anyone saying "boo", yet if I buy even a can of beer from Kroger I get 'carded' as if I'm a teenager?

Still, though, it's THEIR business, and if they want to be "Dick's" about it...

View PostMTP Reggie, on 10 October 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Stack also said the company destroyed $5 million worth of rifle inventory because Stack believed no one should be allowed to own them.

... Now THAT's where I draw the line. Choosing not to sell is one thing, destroying perfectly good sellable inventory is another, and the board of directors should have frog-marched his ass off the property poste-haste.

And even if the board did nothing, I'm thinking that any stockholders who took a hit *might* have a claim for Breach of Fiduciary Responsibility.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users