RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Prediction: New York Democrats are going to come for Alexandria Ocasio - RightNation.US

Prediction: New York Democrats are going to come for Alexandria Ocasio Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

Prediction: New York Democrats are going to come for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's seat following Amazon HQ2 debacle
by Becket Adams
| February 18, 2019 12:00 AM
washingtonexaminer.com

If New York Democrats don’t gerrymander the seat held by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., into oblivion in 2020, they’ll pit her against a serious primary challenger, and all because she helped torpedo the Amazon HQ2 deal.

The freshman congresswoman may be enjoying a victory lap now following the online retailer’s announcement that it will no longer build part of its second headquarters in the Big Apple, taking with it an estimated 25,000 jobs, but it has come at a serious personal cost for her. Ocasio-Cortez’s anti-Amazon activism has put her at odds with powerful Empire State Democrats in both the establishment and progressive camps; the sort of people who won’t hesitate to mount a well-funded primary challenge or eliminate her seat altogether when district lines are redrawn following the 2020 census.

"[A] small group [of] politicians put their own narrow political interests above their community — which poll after poll showed overwhelmingly supported bringing Amazon to Long Island City — the state's economic future and the best interests of the people of this state," Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday.

He added that the “small group,” which includes Democratic state Sen. Michael Gianaris, whose opposition to HQ2 was rivaled only by Ocasio-Cortez, “should be held accountable for this lost economic opportunity."

Considering Cuomo has an infamously vindictive mean streak, his threat may actually mean carry some weight.

On Thursday, after Amazon announced its withdrawal from the deal, citing hostility from state and municipal leaders, the representative from New York's 14th Congressional District took credit for the proposal’s demise.

One day later, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, who also has a reputation for being vindictive, tore into the congresswoman’s remarks, expressing his disdain in no uncertain terms.

“I came up watching the mistakes of progressives of the past, unfortunately, what happened in this city when it almost went to bankruptcy in the 1970s,” the self-described progressive fumed. “I saw all the times progressives did not show people effective governance and all the times progressives made the kinds of mistakes that alienated working people.”

He added, “Working people are very smart and very discerning. They want jobs, they want revenue, they want the kinds of things that government can do for them. They understand they have to be paid for.”

Another Democratic progressive, Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., who represented the 14th District for 20 years before taking over New York’s 12th district, also hit Ocasio-Cortez Friday for opposing the Amazon project.

“My constituents want jobs. [25,000] minimum. It would have been many, many more. 25,000 jobs at $150,000 minimum for the job. Many entry-level jobs would have been many, many more,” she said in a CNN interview. “It used to be that we would protest wars. Now we're protesting jobs? People are complaining about jobs coming to your – this is the best – let me tell you … if this had gone through, it would have made overnight New York City the high tech capitol of the east coast. The most important job center for tech jobs.”

Then, there are the old guard Democrats and pro-Democratic voices in news media and politics who’ve added to the chorus of anti-Ocasio-Cortez criticism.

Former Obama adviser and New York financier Steven Rattner, for example, tweeted in response to the congresswoman’s football-spiking tweet that “This may be the most economically ignorant statement I have ver [sic] read.”

Over at MSNBC, the network for Democratic consensus, contributor Donny Deutsch claimed the congresswoman is “ extremely dangerous,” adding that, “We are in a dangerous place. And if people in the party don’t start to speak up against people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is young and dynamic but does not know what she’s talking about … they’re going to hand the presidency back to Donald Trump.”

Whether Ocasio-Cortez’s opposition to the deal was more meaningful than Gianaris’ is debatable. What’s not debatable, however, is that the congresswoman made herself an extremely visible opponent of the HQ2 proposal, meaning she also put an extremely visible target on her back.

There will be political payback for the Democrats who broke ranks to oppose the Amazon headquarters, and it will almost certainly involve vindictive lawmakers coming for Ocasio-Cortez's seat. How they'll choose to do that is anyone's guess. It could look like a primary challenge from a candidate with the full backing of establishment and progressive Democrats looking to reassert their place at the top of the state’s Democratic Party. It could also look like the elimination of Ocasio-Cortez’s district following the 2020 census. It will all depend on what her intra-party enemies believe they can get away that won’t also enrage and alienate her loyal base.

Link

#2 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

A little old, but I can't help wonder how her constituents view her after the Amazon debacle, and all her stupid comments. She seems to only be speaking to a national audience, not to her district.

I so hope she blows off her district and they send her packing.

#3 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:55 PM

Nah, she's there for life.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 March 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'm sorta torn. Naturally, on the one hand, I hope she's just a flash in the pan. I love my country, and clueless halfwits like her with more mouth than brains can't help but bring harm to my beloved country.

But on the other hand, the longer she's around the longer she shines a bright light on the stupidity not only of Democrat politicians, but also the incredible stupidity of the people who keep voting for her. She's the best thing to happen to the Republicans in decades.

B)

#5 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 10 March 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

I'm sorta torn. Naturally, on the one hand, I hope she's just a flash in the pan. I love my country, and clueless halfwits like her with more mouth than brains can't help but bring harm to my beloved country.

But on the other hand, the longer she's around the longer she shines a bright light on the stupidity not only of Democrat politicians, but also the incredible stupidity of the people who keep voting for her. She's the best thing to happen to the Republicans in decades.

B)

She's a media star for sure. The media made her and only the media can drive her away. She has to get caught stealing a crippled, black, homeless tranny's wheelchair or worse, blowing Trump before that happens. She was sent there to represent her idiotic constituents, at least those who gave enough <censored>s to get off their asses and vote, and she's representing them perfectly. She also represents the bulk of Democrats anyway. They think she's their Trump; a shameless, obnoxious but charismatic bigmouth who shakes things up. The old Democrats don't really disagree with anything she says, they just feel their power is threatened. She might be vulnerable in 2020, but I just don't see any Democrat who will throw enough money at a primary opponent to make a difference. All it takes is one reelection and she will be safe for life.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 10 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 March 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

She's a media star for sure. The media made her and only the media can drive her away. She has to get caught stealing a crippled, black, homeless tranny's wheelchair or worse, blowing Trump before that happens. She was sent there to represent her idiotic constituents, at least those who gave enough <censored>s to get off their asses and vote, and she's representing them perfectly. She also represents the bulk of Democrats anyway. They think she's their Trump; a shameless, obnoxious but charismatic bigmouth who shakes things up. The old Democrats don't really disagree with anything she says, they just feel their power is threatened. She might be vulnerable in 2020, but I just don't see any Democrat who will throw enough money at a primary opponent to make a difference. All it takes is one reelection and she will be safe for life.

Yes, I think you've got it pegged. And my state of being "torn" is between two pluses, not two minuses. As I said, if she's a one-term flash in the pan, good riddance. But if she's a long-term political star, again good: She'll be the perfect daily public demonstration of the stupidity of Democrats.

:yes:

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

AOC: Be happy! I saved you smelly Plebeians from having to work at that evil Amazon! What? You don't have jobs? Quit yer bitchin! That's what welfare is for.

#8 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 10 March 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yes, I think you've got it pegged. And my state of being "torn" is between two pluses, not two minuses. As I said, if she's a one-term flash in the pan, good riddance. But if she's a long-term political star, again good: She'll be the perfect daily public demonstration of the stupidity of Democrats.

:yes:

She's a positive for Republicans for now. The problem I see is that her ideas are gaining traction with a growing number of mouth breathers. She's basically a young Bernie Sanders with a bubbly personality and tits. She's going to mature a bit, get to know the ropes and watch the hell out. I don't think she will ever be President but she will become a very powerful Congresswoman, probably Senator, either way a media sensation and threat to freedom.

#9 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

And that could be read in more ways than one.

She's pissed of some powerful Dems. If I was the head of a life insurance company, AOC would be on my "Do Not Sell To" list.

#10 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

If she wins reelection, you are correct.

#11 User is offline   timster 

• <no title>

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

Re: Prediction: New York Democrats are going to come for Alexandria Ocasio

Dear Magic Rat,

I quickly read the start of your response "She's a media star for sure." I read it as follows: "She's a media sore for sure".....I like my version better.

#12 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

AOC lost NY 25,000 tech jobs but deBlasio created NYC 33,000 government jobs so they’re still 8,000 jobs ahead and don’t have to spend on tax incentives for Amazon, so they’re ahead....Correct? Leftists? What say you?

#13 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:46 PM

She's cost some elite powers that be a whole lot of money with her gianormous stupid mouth.

Unless Soros gives her the big bucks to keep on causing the disruptions, she's done after her first term. Count on it.

Never underestimate the power of big money and those crooks who have the most of it.

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 March 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

She's a positive for Republicans for now. The problem I see is that her ideas are gaining traction with a growing number of mouth breathers. She's basically a young Bernie Sanders with a bubbly personality and tits. She's going to mature a bit, get to know the ropes and watch the hell out. I don't think she will ever be President but she will become a very powerful Congresswoman, probably Senator, either way a media sensation and threat to freedom.

Although I fear you're right, naturally I hope you're wrong.

B)

#15 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

I agree.

#16 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

Reminds me of Sheila Jackson Lee. Her constituents are as stupid as she is and perpetually vote for her.

#17 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:14 PM

25,000 jobs at $150,000 minimum for the job

Everything I read stated it was an average of $150K, not a minimum. Don't be as dumb as She Guevara thinking she has $3B in her pocket now. :coffeenpc:

#18 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:37 PM

Yep. Go to her district, everyone will say they didn't vote for her, but she will always carry 70% of the vote. Somehow.

#19 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:31 AM

Should be interesting to watch :popcorn:

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 11 March 2019 - 03:09 AM

#20 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 10 March 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

Yep. Go to her district, everyone will say they didn't vote for her, but she will always carry 70% of the vote. Somehow.

That depends on which set of Democrats are stuffing the ballot box. . . .

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users