RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care For All In Historic - RightNation.US

Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care For All In Historic Surprise Announcement Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Have a friend in the Vegas who's from NYS. He tries to talk to people he see with NYS plates when out of their cars. They all say the same thing. No Jobs. The major are from NYC. He can't figure out why their in Vegas. He claims Vegas isn't any better.

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 09 January 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

The Cook County Hospital in Chicago has been doing that for decades. I'm sure other county-run hospitals across the country do the same thing. Poor people have ALWAYS had health care available vie county hospitals and/or Medicaid. I guess the difference now is that New York is openly extending that care to illegal immigrants. I guess the plus side to this illegal immigrant magnet is that it will draw illegal immigrants away from non-sanctuary jurisdictions. Guess who will go bankrupt first, sanctuary or non-sanctuary...

What sucks is that most (if not all) Hospitals have been doing this for quite some. The law says that an ER can't turn you away for inability to pay. So people use ERs for their "primary care" and the cost gets loaded onto everyone else's bill.

Growing up, it was "Morgan County General Hospital" in Martinsville Indiana. I have deadbeat cousins who were likely on first-name basis with the ER attendants.

EtA: Apparently MCGH went broke in the '90s because of people like my cousins. Rescued by Indiana University next county south in Bloomington and is now IU Health Morgan. So now it's the state on the hook via the State U system rather than the county. But that's okay, because it's paid for by the "Funny Money" of student loans guaranteed by the Feds, of which I doubt that a nickel's worth of every dollar in current student loans will ever get paid back.

It's why you pay $50 for an aspirin at a hospital... it's 25c for your own aspirin + $49.75 to buy 'free' aspirins for 199 others.

EtA2: I've seen it with my own eyes as a volunteer "first responder": I've seen the books on a local Volunteer Fire Dept I used to run with. "Oh, you've got insurance?". Full credit to our bookkeeper, whose last name was probably Sutton and related to Willie. "Because that's where the money is". It is a fact of life that, even staffed by 'volunteers', Ambulances aren't cheap and you can't wheel one into a gas station and fill up the tank with "good intentions".

And that really really sucks. First Dep't I started with - Gregg Township VFD, Morgan County IN, mid/late '70s - would hold a "Fish Fry" a couple times a year. That, plus some generous local individuals and business, would get the job done. Those were the days.

(I may be exaggerating, but I'll bet not by much).

It's currently somewhat of a crisis in rural southern Georgia. Hospitals are closing because there's simply not enough 'paying' customers.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 09 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

#23 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

If I become sick will our leftist members who are residents of NYC let me move in so I can get free health care?

#24 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:15 AM

The Liberal Waltz: An Interpretive Dance (first published here on RN over 15 years ago.)
http://perrypad.net/toons/1Dance.jpg
http://perrypad.net/toons/1Dancea.jpg
http://perrypad.net/toons/1Danceaa.jpg
http://perrypad.net/toons/1Danceaaa.jpg

#25 User is online   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

This moron has destroyed my city in just 5 years. He fancies himself as a national leader with policies like this.

In his State of the City speech 2 days ago, he actually said, “There’s plenty of money in the world and NYC. It’s just in the wrong hands.”

God help us if Beto, Gavin, or anyone who pushes these policies actually becomes President.

#26 User is online   helton 

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:36 AM

sorry duplicate post

This post has been edited by helton: 11 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

#27 User is online   helton 

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:37 AM

sorry duplicate post

#28 User is online   helton 

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:48 AM

sorry duplicate post

#29 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 09 January 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

fools (NY voters) and their money are soon to be parted

I was going to ask if he was writing the checks for the bills out of his own personal checking account...

the taxpayers on the coasts get the dirty end of the stick every way politicians can figure out to stick it to 'em...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users