RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What They Missed - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What They Missed Like Old Generals Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

There is an old truth, old generals are ill equipped to fight new wars. Trump proved last night that the same wisdom applies in politics. For the past two years the establishment coup has been analyzed and exposed who still do by investigative reporters who still do real journalism. The average citizen doesn't spend a lot of time focusing that intently on politics For the first time in American history the electorate picked a non politician whose goal was to tear up the rats nest in Washington. The political elites recognized the threat and refused to even accept the new president's election. In fact they began their illegal resistance during the campaign. For the first time last night Trump struck back in detail exposing Hillary's corrupt acts, the rot in the DOJ, FBI, State Department, Congress and the press.

He was sending an alert to those who have followed and know what has been going on and a hint of coming attractions to those who haven't avidly followed events. As the IG, Attorney General and prosecutors build their cases Trump will lay out the the facts in every rally. By the time he finishes building his case the establishment politicians will be faced with a choice, get on board or get splattered.

Tea Party operators are beginning a move to expose the old line GOP weak sisters who have not stood with the president. This revolution can and must continue. If a bunch of young people in Hong Kong have the courage to defy the most evil regime in the world it's the least we can do.

#2 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:15 PM

I'll go 50/50.

YES, old generals are ill equipped to fight new wars. But let us not also forget George Santayana's warning: "Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it."

It's takes BOTH KINDS: Battle-hardened Veterans PLUS occasionally a 'fresh' perspective.

And don't disregard the swamp.

As a farm kid in Indiana, I can recall encountering an occasion racoon in our grain bin. PICTURE THIS: No matter how cute and cuddly a racoon might seem to city-slickers (And yeah, they ARE kinda cute now that I don't live on a farm any more). But... have you ever encountered one in a grain bin? Fiercest/toughest creatures on the planet. SWEAR TO GOD, I smacked that one upside the head with a shovel with all the force that would probably have killed a human. I put my all into it. Didn't even stun it. Next I grabbed a pitchfork and ran it through. At best it SLOWED the SOB down. my dad hears the commotion and arrives with a 12 ga shotgun... and then hands it to ME (No, not from fear but from strength; Some things HAVE TO be learned personally.) (And Owww. My shoulder never hurt that much again until briefly owning a Weatherby .460 magnum in the early '80s)

Seems to me, my experience with the racoon pales in comparison to Trump's experience with the 'swamp'

#3 User is offline   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:48 PM

Your "average American" only cares about two things: Looking at their phone, and what day are Big Macs on sale?

#4 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:37 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 19 June 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'll go 50/50.

YES, old generals are ill equipped to fight new wars. But let us not also forget George Santayana's warning: "Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it."

It's takes BOTH KINDS: Battle-hardened Veterans PLUS occasionally a 'fresh' perspective.

As a farm kid in Indiana, I can recall encountering an occasion racoon in our grain bin. PICTURE THIS: No matter how cute and cuddly a racoon might seem to city-slickers (And yeah, they ARE kinda cute now that I don't live on a farm any more). But... have you ever encountered one in a grain bin? Fiercest/toughest creatures on the planet. SWEAR TO GOD, I smacked that one upside the head with a shovel with all the force that would probably have killed a human. I put my all into it. Didn't even stun it. Next I grabbed a pitchfork and ran it through. At best it SLOWED the SOB down. my dad hears the commotion and arrives with a 12 ga shotgun... and then hands it to ME (No, not from fear but from strength; Some things HAVE TO be learned personally.) (And Owww. My shoulder never hurt that much again until briefly owning a Weatherby .460 magnum in the early '80s)

Seems to me, my experience with the racoon pales in comparison to Trump's experience with the 'swamp'

Good analogy.

#5 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 19 June 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'll go 50/50.

Feisty critters, yes, but a wolverine could eat it for lunch. I think a shotgun would likely only just make it mad, even bears will back up from one of those. Wish I had one for a pet.

This post has been edited by ASE: 21 June 2019 - 11:21 AM

#6 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostASE, on 20 June 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Feisty critters, yes, but a wolverine could eat it for lunch. I think a shotgun would likely on just make it mad, even bears will back up from one of those. Wish I had one for a pet.

However, Buckeyes have been a pretty good deterrent for wolverines lately...

#7 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:15 PM

Old generals ill equipped to fight new wars describes the First World War.

#8 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, the Ohio State guys sometimes beat the Michigan state crew.

This post has been edited by ASE: 21 June 2019 - 11:20 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users