RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Why the Electoral College is a Formality - RightNation.US

-----
Because it suits their rhetorical needs, Democrats are all of a sudden discovering the original purpose of the electoral college: Keeping a dangerous nut job out of the presidency. While they should relax since the process did exactly that, Democrats want the electoral college to act independently of the state popular vote results. At this point in space-time, it's totes appropriate for the electoral college to ignore the will of the people in each state and vote for someone other than the winner. Check back later at another point in space-time to see if they hold to that.

Here's but one reason why that's silly--I mean besides the fact that it's illegal, unethical, or both--the electoral college is a formality. How do I know this? Well, let's just have a look at our new BFF and "faithless elector" Chris Suprun

"He claimed to be a first responder with the Manassas Park [Virginia] Fire Department on September 11, 2001 and personally told us stories 'I was fighting fire that day at the Pentagon. No, I was on a medic unit that day at the Pentagon and you make a phone call to Manassas Park and you find out that he wasn't even employed there until October 2001, said a first responder who knows Suprun and only agreed to speak about him if his identity was concealed.

The City of Manassas Park confirmed to WFAA that it hired Suprun on October 10, 2001, one month after the 9/11 attacks.

The fire chief there added that his department never even responded to the Pentagon or any of the 9/11 sites.

"It's no different than stolen valor for the military; dressing up and saying 'Hey, I earned a Purple Heart' when you weren't even in combat.' There's a big difference between shopping at Old Navy and being a Navy SEAL," said the first responder who knows him.

You see, kids, the GOP in Texas treats the selection process for its electors like deciding where to eat after a night of drunken carousing in the suburbs. Denny's? Heck yeah! I could murder a Superbird right now. *vomits*

Every state does this. Any pathetic political creature can crawl up to the powers that be and pimp himself to the electoral college. It's not the collection of wise and learned pillars of the community our founders envisioned. They should call it the Electoral Community College Annex.

The reason the electoral college system works isn't because the electors themselves are worth anything more than a bucket of warm spit. It works because it preserves the sovereignty of the individual states and prevents decadent urban culture from dominating virtuous rural culture.

Of course, it would be nice if the state of Texas spent five minutes to check up on their electors. Even drunk revelers in the suburbs have standards. You don't see them staggering into IHOP, now do you?

My Mind is Clean

3 Comments On This Entry

You see, kids, the GOP in Texas treats the selection process for its electors like deciding where to eat after a night of drunken carousing in the suburbs. Denny's? Heck yeah! I could murder a Superbird right now. *vomits*

Oh, don't get me started. In the '80s the Denny's on Colonial drive in Orlando FL was our "go-to" for late night study sessions. You could sit there for HOURS and as long as you were buying the occasional coffee or constant-comment tea, it was cool. (Stll, though, Frisch's Big Boy does better burgers and Shoney's has a better salad bar.)

Every state does this. Any pathetic political creature can crawl up to the powers that be and pimp himself to the electoral college. It's not the collection of wise and learned pillars of the community our founders envisioned. They should call it the Electoral Community College Annex.

Damn. I think that at the very least I qualify as a "pathetic political creature". Yeah, I'm willing to pimp myself out to the electoral college. Where do I sign up?

Seriously. I think it would be a hoot. (I've tried previously to become a delegate to RNC. I'm not sure why but I get this feeling that they hold it against me that I'm registered as an 'Independent')(But that would make me PERFECT for the electoral college. And would guarantee that Pat Buchannan gets at least one electoral vote. OOPS, did I just say that???))
R.I.P. Howard Johnsons.

I LOVED them back in my "Road Warrior" days of doing Field Service. Need to fill out lengthy reports? No problem, pull into a local HoJo, and you could sit there for hours doing business without ever being rudely interrupted by a waitress asking pesky questions like, "Are you ready to order?" or "would you like more coffee?"

I just CAN'T understand how HoJo ever went out of business.

Adam Smithee, on 17 December 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

R.I.P. Howard Johnsons.I LOVED them back in my "Road Warrior" days of doing Field Service. Need to fill out lengthy reports? No problem, pull into a local HoJo, and you could sit there for hours doing business without ever being rudely interrupted by a waitress asking pesky questions like, "Are you ready to order?" or "would you like more coffee?"I just CAN'T understand how HoJo ever went out of business.

We had a couple places, Michael J's and Benji's, that stayed open till 2pm. The waitresses knew us and used to make us eat huge salads. I guess they thought salads would sober us up.
Page 1 of 1

3 user(s) viewing

3 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.