RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Mindcleaner Fat Club 18 Month Update - RightNation.US

-----
Well, it appears weíre still alive here at RN, I figure an update is in order.

The bad news: My desk top computer just died, so even if I do want to return to regular posting, itís not going to be easy fat thumbing my thoughts on an iPad.

The good news: I kind of want to return to regular blogging . I guess thatís good news. Opinions may vary.

As for my Fat Club update, here goes...

I had gotten down from 265 lbs to 207 back around March. I had severe jaw pain for a while, and it affected my performance in the gym. I couldnít gain any strength at all. So, I started adding carbs and increasing my cardio. The jaw pain abated and my strength returned. At one point I was benching 275 and squatting 315. Not huge, but not bad for a 48 year old who could barely walk a few years ago.

The downside is Iíve put back about 20 pounds of weight. Yes, some of it is muscle, but Iíve also put on some belly fat.

Itís weird, though, because I have increased vascularity in my arms and legs especially during and after a workout. Itís almost as if thereís some validity to spot reduction, which we all know is a myth. Right?

We started our football summer program two weeks ago, and Iíve been conditioning with the team. That means lots of sprints. It has been hard, but up until yesterday, Iíve been able to do it without much pain. Iíve had plenty of muscle soreness, which is to be expected, but my joints and hip flexors have felt fine. Yesterday, however, my body seemed to suddenly realize what Iím doing and protested mightily.

So, as you can see, Iím able to do what I originally wanted to do with my weight loss. The team clearly appreciates that Iím right there with them suffering. They push themselves harder because they donít want finish behind me. Plus Iím able to push the tempo in practice because I can run to get equipment or step in and show a skills player how to do something.

Iím eager to hear your progress.

My Mind is Clean

7 Comments On This Entry

Since I've been here and there I haven't seen anything about the "Fat Club" but I always love to talk fitness. My new yearly goal is to complete a sprint triathlon. I'm signed up for one on July 21 and have been training since the end of April. The biking and swimming have helped my running a lot, and I am really enjoying the change up. I also continue to strength train, I'm hoping to take back the record for women's bench press at my gym (currently sitting at about 160 lbs). I'm signed up for two more half marathons this year (in the fall), and am considering what my next fitness goal will be. If I do well with this triathlon, then maybe next year I can try the Olympic distance.

tigerkat, on 13 June 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

Since I've been here and there I haven't seen anything about the "Fat Club" but I always love to talk fitness. My new yearly goal is to complete a sprint triathlon. I'm signed up for one on July 21 and have been training since the end of April. The biking and swimming have helped my running a lot, and I am really enjoying the change up. I also continue to strength train, I'm hoping to take back the record for women's bench press at my gym (currently sitting at about 160 lbs). I'm signed up for two more half marathons this year (in the fall), and am considering what my next fitness goal will be. If I do well with this triathlon, then maybe next year I can try the Olympic distance.

Looks like you should be the one writing these posts. Dang, girl! Good for you.
Welcome back! I've missed your blog posts. You were definitely one of the posters I was going to reminisce about in the shutting down thread.

Hope it's going well!
Yay, Naron & TK! :D

Y'all's progress has been awesome, and TK, you're my girl, glad to hear how well your fitness has been going!!

Mostly I'm just happy to SEE Y'ALL!!

And yes, I'm w/moocow, please start blogging again, Naron! I did read your post from a few months ago about not blogging here at RN anymore, that was a bummer. I might not always comment on your blog posts, but just like having you around. WE OLD SCHOOL!! B)

moocow, on 14 June 2018 - 01:53 AM, said:

Welcome back! I've missed your blog posts. You were definitely one of the posters I was going to reminisce about in the shutting down thread. Hope it's going well!

Why, thank you. :drinkers:

Lori, on 14 June 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

Yay, Naron & TK! :DY'all's progress has been awesome, and TK, you're my girl, glad to hear how well your fitness has been going!!Mostly I'm just happy to SEE Y'ALL!!And yes, I'm w/moocow, please start blogging again, Naron! I did read your post from a few months ago about not blogging here at RN anymore, that was a bummer. I might not always comment on your blog posts, but just like having you around. WE OLD SCHOOL!! B)

We old, for sure.

How about I return with a music post tomorrow?

Mr. Naron, on 14 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

We old, for sure.How about I return with a music post tomorrow?

:popcorn:
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.