RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Alex Jones is a narcissist, a witness testifies. And hes undermining - RightNation.US

Alex Jones is a narcissist, a witness testifies. And hes undermining Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 21 April 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

I suspect the answer is "both".

I suspect that Alex Jones probably believes a certain portion, and the rest is all 'hype' for the ratings (As is with ANY pundit, up to and including Limbaugh and Hannity)

Is the ratio 5%/95%?

Is it 10%/90%?

Is it 50% / 50%?

I dunno. I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. But probably something like that.

I suppose that's possible. Whatever his percentage may be in either direction, his followers seem to believe it all, LOL.

:rolleyes:

#22 User is offline   lyria 

• Just trying to get through the day without screaming.
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 April 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

I suppose that's possible. Whatever his percentage may be in either direction, his followers seem to believe it all, LOL.

And that's the critical point, I think. What he actually thinks regarding his material is less important than how his audience perceives it. He's presenting his BS as pure, unadulterated truth - the kind of truth that you can't get anywhere else. I think it is fair to say that he uses satire and sarcasm, as he says in the courtroom. I think it's fair to say he amps up his emotions for effect. But the way his show is set up, it can't be all satire and sarcasm and an act! Either he is deliberately feeding BS to his audience for profit, or he actually believes what he is saying, at least to a degree.

There's another critical point here. His lawyers clearly think that it is in his best interest to appear less unhinged than he does in his show, hence the "performance artist" angle. But he argues against that point, so obviously he thinks it is in his best interest to appear authentic for his audience, or he wouldn't have countered his lawyers on the stand and in statements outside. So which is more important to Alex Jones? Keeping his audience or keeping his children?

View PostModerator T, on 21 April 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

That and I think the big difference between Jones and the other two is that Jones seems to take sides. He portrays himself as a true believer whereas the other two simply asked questions and conducted interviews.

I will give Jones credit though: he did apologize for pushing the pizzagate nonsense.

I definitely give him credit for that.

#23 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

View Postlyria, on 22 April 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

And that's the critical point, I think. What he actually thinks regarding his material is less important than how his audience perceives it. He's presenting his BS as pure, unadulterated truth - the kind of truth that you can't get anywhere else. I think it is fair to say that he uses satire and sarcasm, as he says in the courtroom. I think it's fair to say he amps up his emotions for effect. But the way his show is set up, it can't be all satire and sarcasm and an act! Either he is deliberately feeding BS to his audience for profit, or he actually believes what he is saying, at least to a degree.

There's another critical point here. His lawyers clearly think that it is in his best interest to appear less unhinged than he does in his show, hence the "performance artist" angle. But he argues against that point, so obviously he thinks it is in his best interest to appear authentic for his audience, or he wouldn't have countered his lawyers on the stand and in statements outside. So which is more important to Alex Jones? Keeping his audience or keeping his children?

Re - That last part: To me that stands as pretty good evidence that he must actually believe his crazy nonsense, or at least most of it. If he really knew, deep down, that it was BS, would he be willing to risk losing possession of his kids over it? He must believe at least most of the swill he broadcasts. And that being the case, I feel extremely sorry for those poor kids.

View Postlyria, on 22 April 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostModerator T, on 21 April 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

I will give Jones credit though: he did apologize for pushing the pizzagate nonsense.

I definitely give him credit for that.

Yeah, now if only he'd do the same for the "9/11 Truther" nonsense, the "Sandy Hook was a fraud" nonsense, etc etc etc.

:coolshades:

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 22 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

#24 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 April 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

IF Jones is indeed nothing but a "performance artist" who doesn't really believe all his silly nonsense, it just goes to show how gullible his followers are.

IF, on the other hand, he isn't a "performance artist" and actually believes all his silly nonsense, it doesn't exonerate his gullible followers. It only proves he's just as gullible as they are.

B)

Hey Monty, you ever heard the song "Late night radio"? that's what this brings to mind..other than Ms Lyria trying to wind up some righties...and speaking of crazy...have you ever seen someone trying to justify their video game addiction? reminds me of this...did you know that the Sandy hook shooter (if that was real :whistling:) was an avid gamer? so were the shooters at Columbine and Paduka and Aurora...matter of fact it seems that the two things all those shooters had in common was psychotropic Pharmaceuticals and video games..I'm not sure what A/J's take on this is....film at 11:00

Kestrel...

#25 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 April 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yeah, now if only he'd do the same for the "9/11 Truther" nonsense, the "Sandy Hook was a fraud" nonsense, etc etc etc. :coolshades:

Hey, I've BEEN to Sandy Hook beach in NJ. There's DEFINITELY some "fraud" going on. I mean, any given summer day at Sandy Hook there's probably enough silicone walking back and forth to caulk every window in the state.

#26 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 April 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

I dunno. Do they? Here on this board I can think of probably one "true believer". Just as on certain other boards there's always "that one person" who takes to heart everything that's ever been said on the Art Bell show. It's why I made the comparison.

#27 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

Moderator T said:

1492808195[/url]' post='685423225']
That and I think the big difference between Jones and the other two is that Jones seems to take sides. He portrays himself as a true believer whereas the other two simply asked questions and conducted interviews.

I am sure that was totally voluntary and had nothing to do with the lawsuit he was thrwatened with.

#28 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

View Postkestrel, on 22 April 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Hey Monty, you ever heard the song "Late night radio"? that's what this brings to mind..other than Ms Lyria trying to wind up some righties...and speaking of crazy...have you ever seen someone trying to justify their video game addiction? reminds me of this...did you know that the Sandy hook shooter (if that was real :whistling:) was an avid gamer? so were the shooters at Columbine and Paduka and Aurora...matter of fact it seems that the two things all those shooters had in common was psychotropic Pharmaceuticals and video games..I'm not sure what A/J's take on this is....film at 11:00

Kestrel...

Nope, don't know the song, so I tried googling it. Found two songs by the same title, but definitely different lyrics. One by David Gray, and one by John Denver.

Don't know either one.

:shrug:

View PostAdam Smithee, on 22 April 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

I dunno. Do they? Here on this board I can think of probably one "true believer". Just as on certain other boards there's always "that one person" who takes to heart everything that's ever been said on the Art Bell show. It's why I made the comparison.

I don't think I've ever listened to Art Bell (though I have heard of him), so I can't make an objective comparison.

:blush:

#29 User is offline   lyria 

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 April 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Re - That last part: To me that stands as pretty good evidence that he must actually believe his crazy nonsense, or at least most of it. If he really knew, deep down, that it was BS, would he be willing to risk losing possession of his kids over it? He must believe at least most of the swill he broadcasts. And that being the case, I feel extremely sorry for those poor kids.

Yeah, now if only he'd do the same for the "9/11 Truther" nonsense, the "Sandy Hook was a fraud" nonsense, etc etc etc.

:coolshades:

Yes, and yes. I like your conclusion here; it makes a lot of sense. It would take one heartless bastard to take to the stand and lie in defense of things he knows are BS and in doing so add to the case AGAINST him getting custody for his children just to keep his audience placated and his income stream flowing.

#30 User is offline   lyria 

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 AM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 22 April 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

There's Welch, who went to Comet Ping-Pong looking for abducted children. He primarily got his information from Reddit, but he also got it from Infowars. The President certainly spoke positively of Inforwars when he was a guest on the show and didn't challenge what Jones was saying. It seems to me that the people who reference Infowars in their conversations, facebook, or other communications certainly seem to believe what they are hearing/reading. But how much of that is his audience? I don't know.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users