RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Bill Nye on climate change: ‘It’s not 50 to 75 years away — it’s 10 or - RightNation.US

Bill Nye on climate change: ‘It’s not 50 to 75 years away — it’s 10 or Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:38 PM

Bill Nye on climate change: 'It's not 50 to 75 years away — it's 10 or 15'
05/16/19 12:36 PM—UPDATED 05/22/19 09:01 AM
By Angel Torres
MSNBC.com

<More Here But I'm Not Really Sure This Belongs In The Science Forum...>

Bill Nye, popularly known as the "Science Guy," joined Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle to discuss the actual threat of climate change and the science behind the warming of our planet.

As an TV scientist and mechanical engineer, Nye is known for breaking science down into understandable terms. In speaking with Velshi & Ruhle, Nye spoke about how climate change is more gradual than disasters such as Pearl Harbor or 9/11, but the effects are still as serious, if not more.

The Trump administration has continued to deny climate change findings and make scientific reports inaccessible to the public. Nye counters EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler's claim that the threat of climate change is "50 to 75 years out." "It's not 50 to 75 years away — it's 10 or 15," Nye said.

Nye pulled out a hockey stick graph that he said climate change deniers like to wave around to help show how climate change has been debunked, but he illustrated that it wasn't. Nye used a simplified calculus formula to show the rate of change in temperature over time.

"The rate of temperature getting bigger is very high… There is enough carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere already to make the world get warmer for many decades to come," Nye said. "What we want is to slow that rate."

(snip)

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:39 PM

View Postarticle, on 24 May 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Every 10 or 15 years, they say "10 or 15 years".

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Any bets if they'll actually be right one of these times...?

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 24 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

#3 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

It That AOC chick was just joking, right?

Did Bill not get the joke?

#4 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

Tell me again about Bill Nye's "credentials"????

MS Applied physics here. It's not EVEN a "fair fight".

#5 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

Bill Nye... failed stand-up "comedian"

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:32 PM

Bill Nye, the idiot moron pervert guy.

#7 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 24 May 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

05/16/19 12:36 PM—UPDATED 05/22/19 09:01 AM
By Angel Torres
MSNBC.com

Bill Nye, popularly known as the "Science Guy," joined Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle to discuss the actual threat of climate change and the science behind the warming of our planet.

As an TV scientist and mechanical engineer, Nye is known for breaking science down into understandable terms. In speaking with Velshi & Ruhle, Nye spoke about how climate change is more gradual than disasters such as Pearl Harbor or 9/11, but the effects are still as serious, if not more.

The Trump administration has continued to deny climate change findings and make scientific reports inaccessible to the public. Nye counters EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler's claim that the threat of climate change is "50 to 75 years out." "It's not 50 to 75 years away — it's 10 or 15," Nye said.

Nye pulled out a hockey stick graph that he said climate change deniers like to wave around to help show how climate change has been debunked, but he illustrated that it wasn't. Nye used a simplified calculus formula to show the rate of change in temperature over time.

"The rate of temperature getting bigger is very high… There is enough carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere already to make the world get warmer for many decades to come," Nye said. "What we want is to slow that rate."

(snip)

In the Science Forum? Nah, in the Halfwits form. http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

#8 User is offline   House MD 

• <no title>

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

Don't know if it's my age, generation. Or the fact that I used to watched him through my childhood. I always liked Bill, always trusted him. Even though he really is a scientist. I still trust him. If he says 10 to 15 years he must know! Please don't judge me I was born in 1984.

#9 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:53 PM

Bill Nye is an idiot. Nuff said.

#10 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

It shows just how dumb the AGW (and libturds in general) crowd are that they worship a mechanical engineer when it comes to general science and even meteorology.

#11 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

Bill Nye: still not a scientist. :coffeenpc:

#12 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:52 PM

OK, Bill, tell us what the “correct” temperature should be for every square meter of the Earth’s surface for every day of the year to the nearest 0.1 C. Show your work, and cite your references. I mean, if we’re going to do this thing, let’s get it right the first time. No farting around. Let’s see your numbers. Every one of them.

#13 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:41 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 24 May 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Every 10 or 15 years, they say "10 or 15 years".

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Any bets if they'll actually be right one of these times...?

This silliness is not new...check this out: (for extra credit can anybody speculate why there are no climate disaster predictions for the periods of 1913 to 1923..from 1939 to 1952?)

There is most certainly a pattern to climate change…but it’s not what you may think:

For at least 114 years, climate “scientists” have been claiming that the climate was going to kill us…but they have kept switching whether it was a coming ice age, or global warming.

* 1895 - Geologists Think the World May Be Frozen Up Again – New York Times, February 1895
* 1902 - “Disappearing Glaciers…deteriorating slowly, with a persistency that means their final annihilation…scientific fact…surely disappearing.” – Los Angeles Times
* 1912 - Prof. Schmidt Warns Us of an Encroaching Ice Age – New York Times, October 1912
* 1923 - “Scientist says Arctic ice will wipe out Canada” – Professor Gregory of Yale University, American representative to the Pan-Pacific Science Congress, – Chicago Tribune
* 1923 - “The discoveries of changes in the sun’s heat and the southward advance of glaciers in recent years have given rise to conjectures of the possible advent of a new ice age” – Washington Post
* 1924 - MacMillan Reports Signs of New Ice Age – New York Times, Sept 18, 1924
* 1929 - “Most geologists think the world is growing warmer, and that it will continue to get warmer” – Los Angeles Times, in Is another ice age coming?
* 1932 - “If these things be true, it is evident, therefore that we must be just teetering on an ice age” – The Atlantic magazine, This Cold, Cold World
* 1933 - America in Longest Warm Spell Since 1776; Temperature Line Records a 25-Year Rise – New York Times, March 27th, 1933
* 1933 – “…wide-spread and persistent tendency toward warmer weather…Is our climate changing?” – Federal Weather Bureau “Monthly Weather Review.”
* 1938 - Global warming, caused by man heating the planet with carbon dioxide, “is likely to prove beneficial to mankind in several ways, besides the provision of heat and power.”– Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society
* 1938 - “Experts puzzle over 20 year mercury rise…Chicago is in the front rank of thousands of cities thuout the world which have been affected by a mysterious trend toward warmer climate in the last two decades” – Chicago Tribune
* 1939 - “Gaffers who claim that winters were harder when they were boys are quite right… weather men have no doubt that the world at least for the time being is growing warmer” – Washington Post
* 1952 - “…we have learned that the world has been getting warmer in the last half century” – New York Times, August 10th, 1962
* 1954 - “…winters are getting milder, summers drier. Glaciers are receding, deserts growing” – U.S. News and World Report
* 1954 - Climate – the Heat May Be Off – Fortune Magazine
* 1959 - “Arctic Findings in Particular Support Theory of Rising Global Temperatures” – New York Times
* 1969 - “…the Arctic pack ice is thinning and that the ocean at the North Pole may become an open sea within a decade or two” – New York Times, February 20th, 1969
* 1970 - “…get a good grip on your long johns, cold weather haters – the worst may be yet to come…there’s no relief in sight” – Washington Post
* 1974 - Global cooling for the past forty years – Time Magazine
* 1974 - “Climatology Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age” – Washington Post
* 1974 - “As for the present cooling trend a number of leading climatologists have concluded that it is very bad news indeed” – Fortune magazine, who won a Science Writing Award from the American Institute of Physics for its analysis of the danger
* 1974 - “…the facts of the present climate change are such that the most optimistic experts would assign near certainty to major crop failure…mass deaths by starvation, and probably anarchy and violence”

Kestrel...

#14 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 24 May 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Tell me again about Bill Nye's "credentials"????

MS Applied physics here. It's not EVEN a "fair fight".

I laughed when I saw the words: "TV scientist"

That's like calling Big Bird a "TV Avian".

If Bill Nye was accredited, those credentials would have been removed a long time ago.

#15 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:10 AM

The Coming Ice Age
A true scientific detective story

By Betty Friedan
Harper's Magazine, September 1958

ARCHIVE / 1958 / September

How a rising of the ocean waters may flood most of our port cities within the foreseeable future — and why it will be followed by the growth of a vast glacier which may eventually cover much of Europe and North America.

THIS is the story of two scientists, who started five years ago — with a single radiocarbon clue from the ocean bottom and a wild hunch — to track down one of the earth’s great unsolved mysteries: What caused the ancient ice ages? Their search led over many continents and seas, to drowned rivers and abandoned mountain caves, into far-removed branches of science. It took them down through recorded history, from the stone tablets of primitive man to contemporary newspaper headlines.

These two serious, careful scientists — geophysicist Maurice Ewing, director of Columbia University’s Lamont Geological Observatory, and geologist-meteorologist William Donn believe they have finally found the explanation for the giant glaciers, which four times during the past million years have advanced and retreated over the earth. If they are right, the world is now heading into another Ice Age. It will come not as sudden catastrophe, but as the inevitable culmination of a process that has already begun in northern oceans...

ARCHIVE / 1958 / September

#16 User is online   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

https://pics.me.me/two-of-these-people-are-actual-scientists-so-called-actual-19820676.png

#17 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 24 May 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

OK, Bill, tell us what the “correct” temperature should be for every square meter of the Earth’s surface for every day of the year to the nearest 0.1 C. Show your work, and cite your references. I mean, if we’re going to do this thing, let’s get it right the first time. No farting around. Let’s see your numbers. Every one of them.

http://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1sAehNVXXXXboXpXXq6xXFXXXs/wujifeng-ice-hockey-stick-hockey-equipment-100-composite-hockey-stick-SR-hockey-stick-3K-style-8.jpg

There's all that Michael Mann needed.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 25 May 2019 - 02:44 PM

#18 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 25 May 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

https://pics.me.me/two-of-these-people-are-actual-scientists-so-called-actual-19820676.png

:biglaugh:

#19 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

How does temperature get bigger?

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 25 May 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Dexter Holland got his "you gotta keep 'em separated" phrase from one of his chemistry professors.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users