RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Busine - RightNation.US

Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Busine Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostJerryL, on 20 May 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yes it was. By more than one person. It appears that you simply don't accept the answer.

People have said that they would have no problem with it because they support any business owner refusing to serve someone for whatever reason the business owner decides. You are looking to tie this to a pro-life stance refusing service to an abortion provider. The problem for you is that the people who answered also support the Red Hen kicking out Sarah over political reasons. Their stance is not based on what they support and what they don't support, personally. The owner can decide and the owner has to live with the consequences of their decision.

Not everyone views every stance through a political ideology lens. Some people actually hold positions that they apply equally, even when it runs against their political ideology.

Proggies don't do that so much, but conservatives and, particularly, libertarians do.

There have been countless posts verifying that many posters believe any business owner should be able to modify who (s)he does business with and when.

Businesses should be allowed to be open 1 or 7 days a week, depending on the desire of the owner. They should be allowed to operate 24 hours a day or fewer. (I know a very successful cinnamon bun place that opens early and closes when the last bun is bought. I know of a family owned Mexican eatery that closes every August while the family takes a break.)

Many posters have said, as long as it's not a governmental agency, a business should be able to modify their consumer base. If you only want to sell to high school kids, an age limit should not be illegal, nor "ageism," but your choice.
Should you decide to only sell to leftists (Hello Red Hen) that is your right. If you don't want to bake a wedding cake for a same sex couple, they can go elsewhere. If I don't want to let OJ Simpson into my donut shop, I shouldn't have to fill out a form specifying that I'm doing it because he's a murderer and not because he is a person of color.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 20 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

#62 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

View PostLadybird, on 20 May 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

Widespread family separations are Trumps policy.
https://www.nytimes....tion-obama.html

Yes, Obama separated families at the border, too

That story from Mike Huckabee, who was not even there, has never been corroborated by the other restaurant or anyone from Sanders party.

I doubt that Mike Huckabee would embellish or lie about the incident. The other restaurant is probably trying to stay clear of commenting on record. The Sanders party put the whole thing behind them. Yes, I believe that the Red Hen owner did badger Sanders all the way down the street.

So you know these people personally or do you make this claim about every marriage that ends in divorce?

The forcing Christian bakers to make gay wedding cakes incident is well-known. It is fact that the couple targeted the baker to make a point. Probably even to get some cash for their honeymoon. I don't need to know the couple personally. I know people. It's why I don't like them. I had a hunch at the time that the gay couple would not stay together because they chose to kick off their wedded bliss with an act of petty vindictiveness to an innocent bystander. That was not a house built on love.

#63 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:55 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 May 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

I consider personal attributes like skin color and what's between a persons legs not qualities that should be grounds for prohibition from jobs, water fountains, and seats on a bus. You feel differently. That's fine. I am of a different opinion and am not being inconsistent when I think a businesses owner should be able to refuse serivce to a person who has acted in a way the owner find abhorrent as opposed to just hating the way that they look.

Should businesses have the right to exclude Jews? I'd like to hear from the whole gallery..

Yep..Liberty is always the larger issue. Jew,Christian,Muslim, left/right black/white anybody. (well maybe not the Irish..:):)

Kestrel...

#64 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 20 May 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

There have been countless posts verifying that many posters believe any business owner should be able to modify who (s)he does business with and when.

Businesses should be allowed to be open 1 or 7 days a week, depending on the desire of the owner. They should be allowed to operate 24 hours a day or fewer. (I know a very successful cinnamon bun place that opens early and closes when the last bun is bought. I know of a family owned Mexican eatery that closes every August while the family takes a break.)

Many posters have said, as long as it's not a governmental agency, a business should be able to modify their consumer base
. If you only want to sell to high school kids, an age limit should not be illegal, nor "ageism," but your choice.
Should you decide to only sell to leftists (Hello Red Hen) that is your right. If you don't want to bake a wedding cake for a same sex couple, they can go elsewhere. If I don't want to let OJ Simpson into my donut shop, I shouldn't have to fill out a form specifying that I'm doing it because he's a murderer and not because he is a person of color.

Glad you put it that way.

Pet peeve is airports. Too many times to count, ESPECIALLY back in the day (semi-retired now, but it STILL pisses me off). Flight gets delayed. Land at a small airport such as Spokane WA "after hours". Hungry as an [Expletive deleted] because the flight HAS been delayed. Get off the plane, everything's closed. And i'm in a strange town, i down't know where anything off-base is.

IF I WERE
in charge of such things: If the airport is open, then YOU are open. Period. Don't like it? Yeah, okay. Feel free not to do business at the airport.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users