RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman Who Licked Ice Cream, Put It Back At Grocery In Viral Video Faci - RightNation.US

Woman Who Licked Ice Cream, Put It Back At Grocery In Viral Video Faci Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:36 AM

Woman Who Licked Ice Cream, Put It Back At Grocery In Viral Video Facing Large Prison Sentence
Posted at 9:00 am on July 5, 2019 by Bonchie
A video of a woman grabbing a carton of Blue Bell out of the freezer, licking it, and putting it back went viral last week. It was one of several videos showing what appear to be teenagers or college aged students that has made the rounds on the internet.
. . .
She’s not going to be laughing anymore.
. . .
Apparently, police have identified her and are just doing the final box checking before they bring her in
. . .
Even the minimums in this case are no joke. While it may seem a bit overboard to some, there are reason prison time and a large fine are part of the punishment in this case. Because the video didn’t make clear where this happened at, stores were forced to remove all Blue Bell cartons of that size and possible flavor across the state of Texas. The investigation into this went all the way from San Antonio to Houston.

Food tampering, especially used to produce a viral video, is serious given the public health risks and I expect that this woman will be made an example of. There’s also another person in the video who’s telling her to lick it that also will need to be looked at.

link to RedState

My comment:
This video has been haunting me--which is exactly what the licker wanted. Her "pride" and "satisfaction" with her action is evident in the video. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of her in prison orange.

I usually don't do cartoons that give me the jibblies, but I have one in my mind that I might. First panel: "Licker" in line for prison lunch. Server in hairnet asks, "what do you want for dessert, cake or ice cream?" Licker answers: Ice cream. 2nd panel: Server in hairnet grabs an individual carton, removes the top, licks it, and puts it on the "Licker's" tray.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 05 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

#2 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:43 AM

NBC News Story
"Our detectives are working to verify the identity of the female suspect before a warrant is issued for her arrest on a charge of second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product,” a police spokesperson said.

“As that portion of the investigation continues, detectives are focusing on identifying the male (in the green shirt) behind the camera seen in images of the two entering the store together.”

Police added that detectives will continue to work through the Fourth of July holiday on the case.

The search to determine exactly where the incident took place sparked an investigation spanning from San Antonio to Houston, police said on Facebook.

Blue Bell Creameries, the local manufacturer of the ice cream brand the woman licked, has called the incident a "malicious act of food tampering."

All tubs containing the mix of creamy vanilla ice cream with swirls of chocolate fudge and dark-chocolate-covered roasted peanuts have been removed from the store's shelves as a precaution, the company said. The specific carton believed to be compromised was found among the lot.

In an earlier statement, the company explained that its cartons are frozen upside down in production, which creates a natural, tight seal by freezing the lid to the tub, meaning consumers would notice if any tampering occurred upon opening a fresh tub.

> > >

Man, don't EVER do vandalism in a Walmart. Their security cameras are awesome! According to facebook, they now have videos of the woman exiting the store. And they have found the actual carton, so her DNA will be there.

I hope she fries for this--figuratively speaking. I don't wish physical harm on the woman. Maybe I should say, "I hope she freezes."

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 05 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

#3 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

AS someone who went through one hell of a 'episode'(spent nearly a week in ICU) due to food poisoning and continue to have lingering effects(minor overall but still)... THIS SH$T IS NO F'NG JOKE PEOPLE!
You may think this kind of thing is funny, but to people with allergies, weak systems and such it can be deadly. Just from a decency point of view.. the people who do this can F.O.A.D.
Sorry for the harsh language... OH WAIT LIKE HELL I AM!!! This people know what they are doing, is gross, illegal, and dangerous, but in their f'd heads they think it's funny.
I don't usually wish ill will on people, but in their case I hope they get some really nasty food poisoning that forever changes their lives or at the least wakes them the hell up.

Oki

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:59 AM

Punish her and make her an example.

We (social media users) need to quit making idiots ‘internet’ famous by spreading videos of their stupid antics.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:01 AM

We knew that this generation was <censored>ed up, but we are seeing more and more of this batcrap crazy behavior.

I hope that these perps get beaten in prison.

View PostLadybird, on 05 July 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Punish her and make her an example.

We (social media users) need to quit making idiots ‘internet’ famous by spreading videos of their stupid antics.

We?

These idiots are doing that themselves.

#6 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:40 AM

I'll never complain about hard-to-open packaging again...

#7 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:12 AM

View Postoki, on 05 July 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

AS someone who went through one hell of a 'episode'(spent nearly a week in ICU) due to food poisoning and continue to have lingering effects(minor overall but still)... THIS SH$T IS NO F'NG JOKE PEOPLE!
You may think this kind of thing is funny, but to people with allergies, weak systems and such it can be deadly. Just from a decency point of view.. the people who do this can F.O.A.D.
Sorry for the harsh language... OH WAIT LIKE HELL I AM!!! This people know what they are doing, is gross, illegal, and dangerous, but in their f'd heads they think it's funny.
I don't usually wish ill will on people, but in their case I hope they get some really nasty food poisoning that forever changes their lives or at the least wakes them the hell up.

Oki

You are right some one might have given that to their kid too.

#8 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

I hope all involved in this are identified and punished to the fullest extent the law allows.

#9 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:49 AM

Blue Bell brand ice cream is very popular in Texas.

#10 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

Oki

It's also not a joke financially. Bluebell has taken a financial loss because people didn't want to risk buying ice cream that's been tampered with. Walmart took ice cream off the shelves that looked like that variety and that area of Texas. In addition to criminal prosecution, I hope she's hit with civil suits for damages. She might not be -- the corporations know she probably doesn't have the money to even pay for their lawyers involved in such a suit, let alone the actual damages. But it's nice to consider.

#11 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

If she had any sense she would publicly apologize now, before the media identifies her and before any charges are filed. She could admit it was a dumb thing to do and that she hadn't considered the health consequences to others.

It will be interesting to see what attitude she takes.

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

View PostKilmerfan, on 05 July 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

You are right some one might have given that to their kid too.

Darwin was wrong. She is proof that our species isn't evolving.

Oki

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:27 PM

View PostBubbajoebob, on 05 July 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

It's also not a joke financially. Bluebell has taken a financial loss because people didn't want to risk buying ice cream that's been tampered with. Walmart took ice cream off the shelves that looked like that variety and that area of Texas. In addition to criminal prosecution, I hope she's hit with civil suits for damages. She might not be -- the corporations know she probably doesn't have the money to even pay for their lawyers involved in such a suit, let alone the actual damages. But it's nice to consider.

Perhaps an absolutely disgusting dirty job for a month or two would be appropriate. Maybe make her eat Ice cream every day where she is lead to believe people licked the covers.
Either that or work at a hospital and see the hell that food poisoning can inflict on people.

Oki

#14 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

It appears she may be a juvenile, if so, she won't get tried as an adult.

There's a lot of information/rumors about her on social media, (name, age, home town) but I don't trust anything on the internet. I'll just wait and see what happens.

#15 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:39 PM

Ok, guess "Blue Bell" will now incorporate a 'Safety Seal' for morons like this Lufkin boob!

#16 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 05 July 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Man, don't EVER do vandalism in a Walmart. Their security cameras are awesome! According to facebook, they now have videos of the woman exiting the store. And they have found the actual carton, so her DNA will be there.

I hope she fries for this--figuratively speaking. I don't wish physical harm on the woman. Maybe I should say, "I hope she freezes."

So, you are recommending that people do their vandalism at other places?
Wags, didn't know you were into the vandalism thing!! :)

#17 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 05 July 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

Woman Who Licked Ice Cream, Put It Back At Grocery In Viral Video Facing Large Prison Sentence
Posted at 9:00 am on July 5, 2019 by Bonchie
A video of a woman grabbing a carton of Blue Bell out of the freezer, licking it, and putting it back went viral last week. It was one of several videos showing what appear to be teenagers or college aged students that has made the rounds on the internet.
. . .
She’s not going to be laughing anymore.
. . .
Apparently, police have identified her and are just doing the final box checking before they bring her in
. . .
Even the minimums in this case are no joke. While it may seem a bit overboard to some, there are reason prison time and a large fine are part of the punishment in this case. Because the video didn’t make clear where this happened at, stores were forced to remove all Blue Bell cartons of that size and possible flavor across the state of Texas. The investigation into this went all the way from San Antonio to Houston.

Food tampering, especially used to produce a viral video, is serious given the public health risks and I expect that this woman will be made an example of. There’s also another person in the video who’s telling her to lick it that also will need to be looked at.

link to RedState

My comment:
This video has been haunting me--which is exactly what the licker wanted. Her "pride" and "satisfaction" with her action is evident in the video. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of her in prison orange.

I usually don't do cartoons that give me the jibblies, but I have one in my mind that I might. First panel: "Licker" in line for prison lunch. Server in hairnet asks, "what do you want for dessert, cake or ice cream?" Licker answers: Ice cream. 2nd panel: Server in hairnet grabs an individual carton, removes the top, licks it, and puts it on the "Licker's" tray.

VERY clever! I hope you post it here and also submit it to the newspapers/magazines.

#18 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

Oki

I wonder why no charges were brought against that singer (can't think of her name).

#19 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 05 July 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

So, you are recommending that people do their vandalism at other places?
Wags, didn't know you were into the vandalism thing!! :)

My husband and I watch ID Go (Investigation Discovery Channel) and every time a perp even visits Walmart, (s)he is on camera. So many criminals have been caught buying rope & bleach, stalking their prey, etc. So yeah. IF I were to ever plan a crime, USNJIMRET, I'd steer clear of Walmarts.

#20 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostUSMCforever60, on 05 July 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Ok, guess "Blue Bell" will now incorporate a 'Safety Seal' for morons like this Lufkin boob!

The thing is, since Blue Bell puts their ice cream cartons upside down immediately after filling them, and then continues the freezing (curing) process, there is a simple way to check to see if the product has been tampered with. IF the lid is stuck to the top, it's safe. If it isn't, it's been opened.

But yeah, they'll probably have to add a more expensive way to seal them now--which will be passed on to consumers.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users