RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: St. Louis Taco Bell employee's anti-Muslim rant caught on camera - RightNation.US

St. Louis Taco Bell employee's anti-Muslim rant caught on camera Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:03 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 21 May 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

Oki, it has bugged me for a long time that you work in Information Technology yet type "know" for "now" among other errors. Though I defer to Geoffrey Chaucer and the Canterbury Tales on the rules of scription.

I have the same observation of Muslims where I work. They don't roll out prayer rugs and bow to Mecca in the workplace. They pray together at break stations, lunch tables, and hand-holding circles in the stairwell. That is, they are adjusting, adapting, adopting, and assimilating to our culture. Which is a nightmare to the perpetually offended.

Again, my apologies, sadly proper grammar has been my weak point.
As far those you work with, you nailed it, they are adapting, adopting and assimilating. Not asking for special accommodation, not asking for special treatment, or should I say not demanding anything. Anytime you make the decision to relocate to a nation or culture quite different from your own you must be willing to adapt. Not doing so... well it causes problems. Everything from limiting your employment options to alienating yourself and can even cause people to not trust you or you view you as an equal.
In a perfect world that wouldn't be the case, but, sadly we of coarse don't live in a perfect world.

For what it's worth, it isn't just Muslims who refuse to adapt, bend a little, and assimilate. It can be anyone, hell I even saw G.I.'s in Japan who wanted to act much like they where 'back on the block in da' hood' when they where off base in Japan. Needless to say not only does that crap not go over well with the Japanese it also tends to pi$$ of fellow service members. One encounter involved my older daughter who HAS passed of as Japanese. It was a due of G.I.'s who where standing where awaiting there turn on a Zip Line and let's just say their language was quite descriptive and involved female anatomy, plans, and what they would do given the chance. Not directed toward my daughter or anyone she knew, but I think another service member. Finally, she(my daughter) had enough, turned and said in perfect no accent English: do you mind? Don't assume no one can understand you. Not only did they knock of the vulgar speech, they learned a very very valuable lesson about both etiquette and assumption.

Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 21 May 2019 - 10:35 PM

#102 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:24 AM

View PostRock N, on 21 May 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

No I most certainly did not.

JerryL and you both ignored the fact that I had stated that his uppity arrogant behavior AFTER THE FACT with his stupid demands is a likely indicator of his conduct before the fact.

Leave it to you both to read and spin more into what I had actually said and missed the OBVIOUS point that was clearly made.

So a reaction to a anti-Muslim rant by a service provider is « uppity and arrogant? » How about let’s extrapolate that into « he must have been uppity and arrogant BEFORE and deserves the treatment. » Yeah! That’s the ticket!

Sorry. But you have a track record that YOU have built. A Muslim could be feeding Catholic orphans while saving baby seals and be attacked for being Muslim and you would find a way to blame the Muslim.

This post has been edited by JerryL: 22 May 2019 - 01:25 AM

#103 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

If I was islamic, there is no way I'd eat at TacoBell. They have 'mystery meat', and you don't know what is in it. Or to put it another way, they are 'animal lovers' and they do not discriminate. :eyebrows:

#104 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostJerryL, on 22 May 2019 - 01:24 AM, said:

So a reaction to a anti-Muslim rant by a service provider is « uppity and arrogant? » How about let’s extrapolate that into « he must have been uppity and arrogant BEFORE and deserves the treatment. » Yeah! That’s the ticket!

Sorry. But you have a track record that YOU have built. A Muslim could be feeding Catholic orphans while saving baby seals and be attacked for being Muslim and you would find a way to blame the Muslim.

I learned long ago that when an establishment sells any kind of 'Ethnic Food' if that Ethnicity is no where to be found within it's walls, parking lot, or consuming it's product, there is a reason. When the opposite is true, you know it's good eats'.

Oki

#105 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 21 May 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

...Though I defer to Geoffrey Chaucer and the Canterbury Tales on the rules of scription...

:o *Gasp* :o

Well-read and well-said!

Careful, though - LOL - Before you can say "Wait, what?" you'll be labeled a "boring old fart" and then all bets are off...

:woot:

#106 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostASE, on 22 May 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

If I was islamic, there is no way I'd eat at TacoBell. They have 'mystery meat', and you don't know what is in it. Or to put it another way, they are 'animal lovers' and they do not discriminate. :eyebrows:

I’m not Islamic and there’s no way I’d eat at Taco Bell. I had it once in the mall, after a long stretch of Christmas shopping. I plead starvation and exhaustion.

#107 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Damnit, 9:30 in the morning already and I am already hungry for my favorite Mexican place.

Oki

#108 User is offline   ASE 

• View gallery

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:48 PM

View PostLadybird, on 23 May 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

I’m not Islamic and there’s no way I’d eat at Taco Bell. I had it once in the mall, after a long stretch of Christmas shopping. I plead starvation and exhaustion.

I used to eat the no meat tostada, and bean burrito, but my diet has changed due to gout, and now I just skip it completely.

#109 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostASE, on 24 May 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

I used to eat the no meat tostada, and bean burrito, but my diet has changed due to gout, and now I just skip it completely.

You skip your diet???? (:lol:) (:whistling:)

#110 User is offline   ASE 

• View gallery

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

View Postzurg, on 24 May 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

You skip your diet???? (:lol:) (:whistling:)

not a 'diet' diet, but a diet as to what I used to eat - but I know what you mean. I was never a 'dieter' in any sense of the term.
That's pretty close to reality: most of what I like to eat is off-limits, so my actual 'diet' is of very few items. There are very few things I can eat now. Get's boring, actually, but better than having painful feet/hands.

This post has been edited by ASE: 29 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users