RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Dad of Sandy Hook victim wins suit against conspiracy theorists - RightNation.US

Dad of Sandy Hook victim wins suit against conspiracy theorists Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

View PostModerator T, on 19 June 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

For Alex Jones, I think its a combination of some from of an undiagnosed mania (watch his interview on Joe Rogan's podcast, its an epic crapshow) and a desire for profit.

Well, a couple months ago in a deposition for this case, it DID seem like he was almost trying to cop an 'insanity' plea.

Alex Jones claims psychosis is behind his conspiracy theories
by Daniel Jativa
March 29, 2019 04:55 PM

Full Washington Examiner story

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is blaming "psychosis" for falsehoods he peddled in the aftermath of the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting.

Jones, 45, who was sued by a parent of a Newtown, Conn., elementary school shooting victim, said in a three-hour-long deposition with the plaintiff's lawyer, Mark Bankston, that mental illness had an impact on his judgment. The radio show host claims psychosis was triggered by demanding job pressures and that he has been finding ways to work around his mental illness. The deposition is the first in a series of multiple lawsuits against Jones filed in various states, including Connecticut, Virginia, and Texas.

The host used his platforms, both "The Alex Jones Show" and his website Infowars to peddle theories about the Sandy Hook shooting. His claims include a conspiracy that the government was behind the shooting, that victims were child actors used for propaganda, and that no one had actually died in the shooting.

About 50 minutes into the deposition, Jones began telling Bankston about the psychosis.

Jones said: “The trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much, then everything begins — you don’t trust anything anymore, kind of like a child whose parents lie to them over and over again, well, pretty soon they don’t know what reality is.”...

Full Washington Examiner story

#22 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

For Alex Jones, I think its a combination of some from of an undiagnosed mania (watch his interview on Joe Rogan's podcast, its an epic crapshow) and a desire for profit.

Keep in mind it still takes a willing audience.

Oki

#23 User is offline   Mad Jack 

• Tooooo Sweeeet
  • Group: Silver

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

It's the second one. That colloidal silver isn't gonna sell itself Neither is that male vitality snakeoil, nor the "Molon Labe" t-shirts.

Seriously, that guy needs an ass beating of epic proportions.

#24 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

View Postoki, on 19 June 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Keep in mind it still takes a willing audience.

Oki

Agreed, and there is definitely something going on with people who perpetually buy into conspiracy theories. It smacks of some sort of paranoia.

#25 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 19 June 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Yeah, I get the caution, the reluctance to jump to conclusions, the disdain for slippery-slope bait, etc. Nothing wrong with any of that. And I'm glad you openly admit you haven't really been following this, because for me EVEN WITH all that caution & stuff taken into account, this SPECIFIC case goes way beyond all reasonable bounds.

B)

I'll take your word for it Monty, as I said I haven't followed this and don't have the time or inclination to dig into it in depth now. The initial response was almost Two Minute Hate intense, which, ahem, triggered me. Heh. But it sounds like these folks deserve punishment and went way beyond normal comments into malign territory.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users