RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Archaeologists unearth site of Jesus’ ‘water into wine' miracle - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Archaeologists unearth site of Jesus’ ‘water into wine' miracle Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

Archaeologists unearth site of Jesus' 'water into wine' miracle
By Tom Fish / Published 30th August 2018
https://www.dailystar.co.uk

<More Here>

THE RIDDLE of the site of Jesus' 'first miracle' has baffled religious scholars for centuries.

But now academics claim to have solved the millennia-old mystery, bolstering the case for the New Testament's historical accuracy. The Gospel of John famously recounts the story of Jesus Christ turning water into wine during the Wedding at Cana. In the account, Jesus, his mother Mary and his disciples are invited to a wedding, and when the wine runs out, Jesus delivers a sign of his glory by turning water into wine.

Pilgrims have for hundreds of years believed the miracle site to be Kafr Kanna, a town in northern Israel near the Sea of Galilee. But in a bombshell development, archaeologists now believe the Cana of biblical times to actually be a dusty hillside five miles further north. And our pictures show precisely the location of the incredible find.

A number of compelling clues suggest the site is actually Khirbet Qana, a Jewish village which existed between the years of 323 BC and AD 324. Excavations have revealed a network of tunnels used for Christian worship, marked with crosses and references to Kyrie Iesou, a Greek phrase meaning Lord Jesus. There was also an altar and a shelf with the remains of a stone vessel, plus room for five more. Six stone jars like this held the wine in the biblical account of the miracle.

Dr Tom McCollough, who is directing excavations at the site, said there were three other sites with a credible claim to being the Cana of scripture. "But none has the ensemble of evidence that makes such a persuasive case for Khirbet Qana," he said. "We have uncovered a large Christian veneration cave complex that was used by Christian pilgrims who came to venerate the water-to-wine miracle. This complex was used at the beginning of the late fifth or early 6th Century and continued to be used by pilgrims into the 12th Century Crusader period."

(snip)

<More Here>

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 30 August 2018 - 02:25 PM

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:04 AM

Extra cool!

:)

#3 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

I love Jesus' response when Mary informed him there was no more wine: "Woman, why do you involve me?"

John 2:4

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

He's make a great bartender.

#5 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

As I am sure you have noticed, the Daily Star is rather a low-rent tabloid lol.

Tits, bums, soaps and football.

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 30 August 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

I love Jesus' response when Mary informed him there was no more wine: "Woman, why do you involve me?"

John 2:4

2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.

3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 Mary said to the servants, “Fetch me a hickory switch, and then cast thy gaze aside as my son's hour comes upon him.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons...

- John 2:2-6, Revised "Smitheee Household" version.

EtA: And I'll note that it DID get done. 'nuff said.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 30 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:21 PM

World's WORST "Rap" song, though I agree wholeheartedly with the intent ("...or else, young man".):

As WORST "RAP" song ever, this tops even Biz Markie's "Just a Friend". Go ahead, look it up if you dare.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 30 August 2018 - 05:22 PM

#8 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:26 AM

View Postscotsman, on 30 August 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

As I am sure you have noticed, the Daily Star is rather a low-rent tabloid lol.

Tits, bums, soaps and football.

And Jesus, apparently.

Hey, I'm from the American South. Seems normal to me. :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users