RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: News Anchor Resigns After Defending Brett Kavanaugh On Facebook - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

News Anchor Resigns After Defending Brett Kavanaugh On Facebook Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:01 AM

News Anchor Resigns After Defending Brett Kavanaugh On Facebook
Deadline - Dino-Ray Ramos - link

After writing a Facebook post defending Brett Kavanaugh, who was accused of sexual assault by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, news anchor Kris Long was suspended before resigning from his position at CBS affiliate KESQ-TV in Palm Springs.

The veteran journalist took to Facebook to write a 400-word post defending Kavanaugh on Sept. 17, well before he was confirmed to the Supreme Court. The post has since been deleted.

He started off by supporting the #MeToo movement. “I have absolutely no sympathy for the increasingly long list of well-known names who have fallen from grace because they thought with their little head and not their big one.”

Then, his thoughts start to take a turn.

“You are beyond dreaming if you think 17-year-old boys are not going to misbehave from time to time as they begin to attempt relationships with the opposite sex,” he wrote. “That is just the way animals are made!”

He also wrote “few things are more serious as rape and that Ford’s accusation “stinks of political maneuvering.”

Long added that if he were nominated Supreme Court, “they might have to enlarge the Senate hearing room to accommodate all the young women from the mid to late 1960’s who felt that I had tried to go a bit too far!”

Naturally, his comments and choice of words drew a lot of backlash from commenters and journalist before he deleted the post.
*snip*

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:48 AM

Mid to late 60's would also put him in that approximate age bracket as well, so here's a guy who hasn't learned much over the years. This may be Kris Long's 'truth', but why throw it out there as justification for bad behavior against women? It just adds fuel to the fire...

#3 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:33 AM

Leftists are such scum. They cannot handle someone having a different opinion. Mind you, just having an opinion, without any action.

But when THEY say imbecilic or hurtful stuff, it’s just “Biden being Biden” or “Ocasio-Cortez has her first amendment right like anyone else”. None of THEM get forced out or fired.

Alinsky’s rules being used to the greatest possible effect. And a gullible population going along and falling for their cheap tricks every time.

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:24 PM

View Postzurg, on 13 October 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Leftists are such scum. They cannot handle someone having a different opinion. Mind you, just having an opinion, without any action.

One of my brothers is a far left progressive. A family gathering not too long ago devolved into a political discussion. Of course, the topic of immigration came up. I said that it appears most immigration is from non-White countries to White countries. I theorized that it was due to non-White countries being unable to form civilized societies on the same level as White countries. It was strictly a scientific observation, yet my progressive brother became completely unhinged. I thought he was on the verge of punching me. When I mentioned my belief that the Native Americans attacked the European settlers first, it almost pushed him over the edge. He actually got up and left the room to compose himself.

These people are unable to entertain a thought they don't accept.

https://i.postimg.cc/Hnk89VgX/thought.png

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:56 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 13 October 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

One of my brothers is a far left progressive. A family gathering not too long ago devolved into a political discussion. Of course, the topic of immigration came up. I said that it appears most immigration is from non-White countries to White countries. I theorized that it was due to non-White countries being unable to form civilized societies on the same level as White countries. It was strictly a scientific observation, yet my progressive brother became completely unhinged. I thought he was on the verge of punching me. When I mentioned my belief that the Native Americans attacked the European settlers first, it almost pushed him over the edge. He actually got up and left the room to compose himself.

These people are unable to entertain a thought they don't accept.

https://i.postimg.cc/Hnk89VgX/thought.png

I attended a Columbia university online lunch seminar a couple of days ago. It’s not widely available to the public but if you’ve taken any of their leadership courses (like my company had me do) they offer these for free.

The topic was D&I. Diversity and Inclusion. I knew it was most likely going to be a leftwing blame fest, with multiple outrageous kumbaya themes as solutions, ones that ironically exclude those who’re running stuff now. Well, it was most decidedly a PC approach, although not as bad as I had expected. But, like a lot of us here do, I went to find out what their arguments are. Not to necessarily refute them but to understand the why, what, who, how, when.

It was interesting that they launched right into “diversity makes teams better”. There was a stream of comments from the audience, it was full of pandering and feelgood rubbish. I added one text of my own, stating “has anyone seen that Google study where they found that team diversity made no difference to productivity but instead psychological safety (freedom to say what was on anyone’s mind without fear of reprisal) was the key ingredient?”

I got no responses, was totally ignored. Still, I’m glad I attended, and learned something too.

#6 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

View Postzurg, on 13 October 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I attended a Columbia university online lunch seminar a couple of days ago. It’s not widely available to the public but if you’ve taken any of their leadership courses (like my company had me do) they offer these for free.

The topic was D&I. Diversity and Inclusion. I knew it was most likely going to be a leftwing blame fest, with multiple outrageous kumbaya themes as solutions, ones that ironically exclude those who’re running stuff now. Well, it was most decidedly a PC approach, although not as bad as I had expected. But, like a lot of us here do, I went to find out what their arguments are. Not to necessarily refute them but to understand the why, what, who, how, when.

It was interesting that they launched right into “diversity makes teams better”. There was a stream of comments from the audience, it was full of pandering and feelgood rubbish. I added one text of my own, stating “has anyone seen that Google study where they found that team diversity made no difference to productivity but instead psychological safety (freedom to say what was on anyone’s mind without fear of reprisal) was the key ingredient?”

I got no responses, was totally ignored. Still, I’m glad I attended, and learned something too.

Is there a link available for that Google study? That could prove useful at some point. In my experience, diversity usually means compromise. It almost always involves lowering standards or targets to include those who contribute next to nothing.

Your interest in the "why, what, who, how, when" is a quality sadly lacking in the leftist cult.

I like Jeff Bezos' approach to choosing people. He said "'I want people who are right most of the time.

In the end, that's what matters.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users