RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The Sugar Industry Paid Researchers To Blame Everything on Fats - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sugar Industry Paid Researchers To Blame Everything on Fats Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:34 AM

50 Years Ago, The Sugar Industry Paid Researchers To Blame Everything on Fats
NOVEMBER 24, 2017 AT 3:25 PM
ReturnToNow.net

<More Here>

In the 1960s, the sugar industry quietly funded research that blamed fats for all the diseases we now know sugar causes. The sugar industry secretly funded a famous study blaming fats for coronary heart disease, while downplaying the role of sugar, researchers discovered last year while digging through old records. The study, published in in the New England Journal of Medicine in 1965, made headlines just as scientists around the world were starting to make the association between sugar and heart disease, seemingly intended to get them to look the other way. The link today is crystal clear and uncontroversial.

Now the same researchers have found documents revealing the industry also covered up its own study linking sugar to cancer a few years later. The study, dubbed Project 259, was funded by the sugar industry's national trade organization, then called the Sugar Research Foundation. It found a high-sugar diet was strongly correlated with bladder cancer in rats.

Not happy with the findings, the foundation terminated the study and kept them buried for until researchers from the University of California San Francisco dug them up and published them in PLOS Tuesday. Project 259 would have strengthened the case against sucrose as a risk factor in coronary heart disease and would have caused it to be "scrutinized as a potential carcinogen," wrote lead researcher Cristin E. Kearns. One recent study suggests sugar not only feeds cancer cells, but actually creates them.

Imagine how helpful it would have been to have this information 50 years ago. Maybe instead of a decades long "war on fats" policymakers would've had a more successful "war on sugar."

(snip video)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:55 AM

I haven't added sugar or salt to my food for over 40 years

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

Oh well, I eat plenty of fats and sugar (and salt too), so I'm doomed no matter what, LOL.

:shrug:

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

PURE Sugar, that is sugar which isn't from god awful Corn Syrup or other substitutes isn't so bad. And, if I remember correctly non saturated far is actually needed in small to moderate amounts by the body. Problem is every damn thing is so heavily processed know days that it's hard to find and even tell what is and isn't okay.

Oki

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

View Postoki, on 08 April 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

PURE Sugar, that is sugar which isn't from god awful Corn Syrup or other substitutes isn't so bad.

Actually...

Table sugar: 50% glucose, 50% sucrose

Honey: 55% glucose, 45% sucrose

Corn syrup: 45% glucose, 55% sucrose

It's pretty much all the same. And all equally bad for you.

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 08 April 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Actually...

This article is a good read.
I am of coarse meaning pure sugar that isn't heavily refined or processed.
https://healthylivin...yrup-17415.html

Either way, if you have ever had an American Coca Cola and a Mexican Coca Cola(which uses REAL Sugar) there is no comparison in taste.

Oki

#7 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 April 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Oh well, I eat plenty of fats and sugar (and salt too), so I'm doomed no matter what, LOL.

:shrug:

I'm with you. But since the world is going to end in 12 years, we may as well live it up.http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 08 April 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm with you. But since the world is going to end in 12 years, we may as well live it up.http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif

Hey, now yer talkin'! I think I'll have ice cream for dinner tonight, and a deep-fried twinkie for dessert.

:woohoo:

#9 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow just for a check-up.

And what I've done is go on a 3 day water fast and today is my third day.

All is well. I'm not at all hungry but, if I could eat, I would.

I've never gone this long before without eating but I would say that 24-36 hour non eating periods are a fairly common thing for me to do because I'm busy, traveling, etc..

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 08 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

#10 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

ANYTHING processed is bad for you. If you must have sugar, use all natural coconut sugar. It isn't processed and it tastes almost as sweet as regular sugar. My wife combines it with all natural stevia when she bakes (cookies, etc.) and they taste great!

Also, as the article mentions, a lot of people were paid off by the sugar industry to do their bidding including politicians. That was the BIG reason (not the only reason) why I supported Ron DeSantis over Adam Putman for the GOP primary for Florida governor last year. Putman had received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the sugar industry and basically was their water boy. DeSantis didn't get a penny from the sugar industry. The sugar industry is one of the main reasons why south Florida has a huge red tide issue.

#11 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:54 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 08 April 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Actually...

But, but, but...honey is natural, organic. It's made by BEES for krissakes. Sheesh

#12 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:23 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 09 April 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

But, but, but...honey is natural, organic. It's made by BEES for krissakes. Sheesh

What makes you think the bees are our friends? :wtf2: They spit in it. I've seen 'em do it. :wacko:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users