RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Restaurant Review: Jade Pacific (Billerica, MA) - RightNation.US

-----
As soon as you see the curious wall murals in the Jade Pacific (or "JP") you'll realize that it is an "old school" Chinese/Polynesian restaurant. Their focus is on food, drink, and service; there is no pretention here.

The wait staff is friendly, experienced, and hardworking; most of them have been with the restaurant for years. (I've been going for almost 20-years and still see folks from the first time I visited.) If you need something just ask them.

The food is consistent, yummy, fairly priced; and the portions are generous. (The pu-pu platter is a meal for 2 and can easily serve 3 or 4 as an appetizer.) The menu is impressive: Everything from "the classics" to the esoteric. Do not shy away from the "spicy" dishes; this is spicy as in tasty not burn-your-lips-off. (CAVEAT: Beware the mustard!)

The JP is famous (and notorious) for their exotic cocktails. Everyone has their favorite and mine is the Zombie which I think is the best in the state. Speaking of which, the lounge can become quite noisy in the later hours, particularly for weekends and telecast sporting events. Plan your family and group visits accordingly.

JP is wheelchair accessible, group-, kid-, and office-friendly (see above), has amble private parking, and they are open EVERY DAY (except Thanksgiving).

YELP (4-stars)

Jade Pacific (Billerica MA)

2 Comments On This Entry

As soon as you see the curious wall murals in the Jade Pacific (or "JP") you'll realize that it is an "old school" Chinese/Polynesian restaurant. Their focus is on food, drink, and service; there is no pretention here.

My kind of place. But, what? A good Chinese joint that doesn't have "dragon" in the name ? LOL.

The wait staff is friendly, experienced, and hardworking; most of them have been with the restaurant for years. (I've been going for almost 20-years and still see folks from the first time I visited.) If you need something just ask them.

DEFINITELY my kind of place.

The food is consistent, yummy, fairly priced; and the portions are generous. (The pu-pu platter is a meal for 2 and can easily serve 3 or 4 as an appetizer.) The menu is impressive: Everything from "the classics" to the esoteric. Do not shy away from the "spicy" dishes; this is spicy as in tasty not burn-your-lips-off. (CAVEAT: Beware the mustard!)

Seems to me, the British rather than the Chinese have the franchise on mustard that can burn your lips off. Or did the British acquire it from the Chinese via Hong Kong ?

Adam Smithee, on 18 September 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

… DEFINITELY my kind of place.

Well if you’re ever around these parts let me know and we’ll plan a visit there! If you walk in with me then one of more of the staff will say: “Hi Tommy!”

… Seems to me, the British rather than the Chinese have the franchise on mustard that can burn your lips off. Or did the British acquire it from the Chinese via Hong Kong ?

Or perhaps via the Opium Wars? :-)

In my (albeit limited) experience, British cuisine is not renowned for spiciness… or at least the kind that would register on the Scoville Scale.

Now here’s a surprise:

… Canada grows 90% of all the mustard seed for the international market. The Canadian province of Saskatchewan produces almost half of the world's supply of mustard seed. (From Wikipedia with citation.)

Who knew?!

Page 1 of 1