RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: DNA pioneer James Watson stripped of honors - RightNation.US

DNA pioneer James Watson stripped of honors Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:11 AM

View Postusapatriot, on 14 January 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

I believe environment is not only the primary driver, but quite likely the only driver that determines intelligence. If a child is brought up in an environment in which the pursuit of an education is the highest of priorities and come hell or high water, the child obtains that education, he/she will be highly intelligent. Ben Carson is a great example. Growing up in the projects of Detroit didn't prevent him from learning and eventually becoming a brain surgeon! Other black children in that environment spent their time with other activities such as playing basketball (which explains why there are so many really good black basketball players). Anyone can become the best in their chosen field IF AND ONLY IF they spend the time necessary to achieve that goal. Black (or any other race) people aren't less intelligent than Europeans due to genetics, it is simply a result of their environment.

On a more personal level, a good friend of mine (who is white) adopted a black baby boy and his son recently graduated with an electrical engineering degree. My friend ensured his son focused on his education even though he was a highly sought after football player by some Division I schools. He probably could have received a full ride scholarship, but opted to focus on getting an education. Without the proper environment (from his parents), he would have likely pursued the football scholarship and his education likely would have suffered (it is really hard to be a student athlete).

It could also have a lot to do with diet, that was posited in Brave New World when they gave Alpha Males the best nutrients in the artificial womb while the Gamma's and Epsilon's were fed the waste products. The Alpha's grew up to rule the world and the beta's on down were there to serve the A's. African diets are not nearly as rich in nutrients as the rest of the world and that can stunt intellect as well as physical growth. Look at a young black man in the US versus one in Africa and the difference is obvious almost at birth, by age 18 there is a obvious difference in physical as well as intellectual capacity. So he may have been right as well as wrong because he was looking at outcome instead of starting points.

#22 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

View PostSeverian, on 16 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Nothing like refusing to even look at all aspects of a problem to make sure you never solve it but continue the same expensive, ineffective approaches, because, well, ideology! The things being done to Dr. Watson are the same as was done to scientists who didnít toe the Communist Party line in the old USSR, only without the gulags, and itís the thing that resulted in Lysenkoism and mass famine resulting in the deaths of millions.

Not seriously looking at racial IQ and impulse control issues is like looking for your car keys under the streetlight when you lost them in the back of the parking lot, you may feel all illuminated and warm and fuzzy but you will never find your keys.

Silencing alternative views is the first step on the road to tyranny. The orthodoxy forms and they begin to become more and more aggressive. Today you can be fired or not hired simply because your belief's may be out of the mainstream. I am waiting for a phone call from an airline and found out it is perceived that I am "confrontational" and have "dangerous views". I may have already been blacklisted by those around me simply because they disagree with me politically. This is indeed a dangerous new world. It will only get worse too.

#23 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 16 January 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

Exactly. We think "Oh man, how backwards & primitive those cavemen were!" But they had to survive under conditions we could never live with. And not only without modern conveniences we take for granted, like computers & TVs & smart phones & cars & microwaves & such; but even basics people took for granted centuries ago, like pencils & paper...buttons...iron...cloth...

Back then the tribe that could make fire by striking flint was much more civilized than the tribe that still rubbed sticks together. The tribe that had bows & arrows was centuries more advanced & civilized than the tribe that still used only spears & axes.

B)

Amish are a very good example as well. Many think they are bass ackwards with no clue of the modern world or such.
Hardly, we have an Amish community near Green Bay and you will see them in the local stores from time to time. While they usually are quite and keep to themselves they are very polite and have no problem speaking with an Englishman if you start a conversation, you learn real quick they are hardly bass ackwards or slow. In fact it's quite the opposite.
They simply to choose to live a simple life without the modern conveniences, doesn't mean they wouldn't know how to use them.

Another aspect I think that is often missed is if you don't need to have a certain skill, reach a certain level or are not pushed to a certain level you typically won't get there. Or, it's very difficult to measure a persons actual intelligence. Case in point... ME... As a small child getting ready to enter the school system the 'experts' thought I needed to go to the 'special school'. Why? Because I didn't talk much and they thought I had cognitive issues.

My parents knew better and fought it(quite hard), so finally I was given an I.Q. test. To there surprise or should I say dismay I did better then expected. When my mom asked what my score was they would only say it was quite high but would never tell her how high. She was pi$$ed but, knew it was mission accomplished so that ended that. No, I don't considered myself some genius or smarter than anyone, just someone who has various skills abilities etc.

Just someone willing to learn and willing to try.

Oki

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users