RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care For All In Historic - RightNation.US

Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care For All In Historic Surprise Announcement Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care For All In Historic Surprise Announcement

It's not health insurance; it's the city paying for direct comprehensive care for those who can't afford it or are undocumented, a spokesman said

NBC New York
Updated at 5:35 PM EST on Jan 8, 2019

Excerpt:

New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

It's not health insurance, his spokesman clarified after the surprise announcement on MSNBC Tuesday morning.

"This is the city paying for direct comprehensive care (not just ERs) for people who can't afford it, or can't get comprehensive Medicaid — including 300,000 undocumented New Yorkers," spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted.

At a press conference Tuesday, de Blasio said the plan will provide primary and specialty care, from pediatrics to OBGYN, geriatric, mental health and other services, to the city's roughly 600,000 uninsured.

The city already has the foundation for such a plan — a public health insurance option that helps get direct care to undocumented residents.

That option will be expanded, the mayor said, and supported with the addition of a new program called NYC Care. Patients who seek health coverage through NYC Care will receive a card that allows them to see a primary care doctor and seek specialty care services, de Blasio said.

Those who can afford to pay will pay for services on a sliding scale, while those who can't will receive free coverage, he noted.

New Yorkers will be able to access the program through the city's website or simply by calling 311. There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:02 AM

Surprise Announcement

Is it, though? Is it really?

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:10 AM

fools (NY voters) and their money are soon to be parted

#4 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:17 AM

There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said.

So, what magic is it that will allow an additional 300-600 thousand new people to be covered without new revenue?
IOW, what does the mayor plan on cutting to provide funding for this service?

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

Those who can afford to pay will pay for services on a sliding scale, while those who can't will receive free coverage, he noted.

I'd sure be curious to know how, exactly, they determine who "can" and who "can't" afford something. Seems to me there are lots of variables.

I mean, suppose "Person A" gets a larger paycheck than "Person B", but has much higher expenses like a larger family or an older house that needs lots of repairs or any of countless other possibilities. Or suppose "Person C" is a hypochondriac who constantly goes to the doctor for no good reason at all. Or again any of countless other possibilities.

To simply declare who "can" and who "can't" afford something is pretty shaky ground.

B)

#6 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 09 January 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

[/left][/size][/font][/color]
So, what magic is it that will allow an additional 300-600 thousand new people to be covered without new revenue?
IOW, what does the mayor plan on cutting to provide funding for this service?

Didn't you read it? He said it would be free. Duh...

:whistling:

#7 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:23 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 09 January 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'd sure be curious to know how, exactly, they determine who "can" and who "can't" afford something. Seems to me there are lots of variables.

I mean, suppose "Person A" gets a larger paycheck than "Person B", but has much higher expenses like a larger family or an older house that needs lots of repairs or any of countless other possibilities. Or suppose "Person C" is a hypochondriac who constantly goes to the doctor for no good reason at all. Or again any of countless other possibilities.

To simply declare who "can" and who "can't" afford something is pretty shaky ground.

B)

Me thinks those that can afford it will be priced so high that they can no longer afford it. ;)

#8 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

Sounds like Blasé trying to out-AOC someone.

#9 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

Get ready for that 70% tax that you cannot deduct from your federal income tax New Yorkers, you deserve the future pain you will be getting. OH and stay the hell out of Florida when you start fleeing the crap your idiot despot institutes. Like Venezuela, you will be fleeing that sinking ship like rats.

#10 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

Figured it was NYC. :nuts:

#11 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

So what happens when more and more working people decide to leave the city because of this? They will have to increase taxes.

This post has been edited by Italian Biker: 09 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

#12 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

"Free coverage" paid for by someone else.

#13 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:55 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 09 January 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

B)

I don't care. This is great! Can't wait to see how it ends...

#14 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 09 January 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

It will end the way you expect it to end, with the rich not paying their fair share, and upstate NY subsidizing NYC. They would never admit that it was a bad idea!

This post has been edited by DJGoody: 09 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

#15 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostLiz, on 09 January 2019 - 01:49 AM, said:

The Cook County Hospital in Chicago has been doing that for decades. I'm sure other county-run hospitals across the country do the same thing. Poor people have ALWAYS had health care available vie county hospitals and/or Medicaid. I guess the difference now is that New York is openly extending that care to illegal immigrants. I guess the plus side to this illegal immigrant magnet is that it will draw illegal immigrants away from non-sanctuary jurisdictions. Guess who will go bankrupt first, sanctuary or non-sanctuary...

#16 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

I hope that we don't bail them out this time when they go broke.

<censored> em.

#17 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 09 January 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

The working middle class gets raped again by the tax collectors.

#18 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 January 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

The working middle class gets raped again by the tax collectors.

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-the-government-you-elect-is-the-government-you-deserve-thomas-jefferson-113-66-94.jpg

#19 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 09 January 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-the-government-you-elect-is-the-government-you-deserve-thomas-jefferson-113-66-94.jpg

https://www.juancole.com/images/2012/06/mencken1.jpg

#20 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

It's easy to promise everything when you are not the one having to pay for anything.

Oki

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users