RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: A 69-Year-Old Great-Grandmother Was Arrested at Disney World for Carry - RightNation.US

A 69-Year-Old Great-Grandmother Was Arrested at Disney World for Carry Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

View Postzurg, on 24 May 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Címon Adam and Dutch. Youíre getting caught looking at the leaves and branches and canít even see the tree let alone the forest. Why is what Monty is saying unreasonable? Itís a very simple situation. She had 1) prescription, 2) bought it locally and legally, 3) was open about and didnít try to hide it, 4) itís an innocuous substance.

And *Iím* one whoís been urging a slow approach to marijuana/cannibis legalization more broadly, but THIS is medicinal use, which is totally okay.

Maybe we donít know the whole story, but if thatís the case, I think itís more likely that we donít know what the REAL constraints on the police were. Itís been stated that he was just following the law to the letter blah blah blah. Geez, how many times do the police let people even with small amounts of drugs walk off without more than a ďbe carefulĒ? Or let underage kids with a beer can drop it and run away? All the time. Maybe the real constraint is from DISNEY. Maybe this cop KNOWS that heíd be in hell of a trouble if heís found to not follow DISNEY protocol, forget the law.

Umm...Zurg...Adam agreed with me. Here, read again the very first line in the post immediately above yours:

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 24 May 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Sorry Dutch. I'm as anti-cannabis as ANYONE on the board, and I'm probably as pro-LEO as anyone, but I gotta side with Monty. The cops DID act stupidly.

:whistling:

#22 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

View Postzurg, on 24 May 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

C'mon Adam and Dutch. You're getting caught looking at the leaves and branches and can't even see the tree let alone the forest. Why is what Monty is saying unreasonable? It's a very simple situation. She had 1) prescription, 2) bought it locally and legally, 3) was open about and didn't try to hide it, 4) it's an innocuous substance.

And *I'm* one who's been urging a slow approach to marijuana/cannibis legalization more broadly, but THIS is medicinal use, which is totally okay.

Maybe we don't know the whole story, but if that's the case, I think it's more likely that we don't know what the REAL constraints on the police were. It's been stated that he was just following the law to the letter blah blah blah. Geez, how many times do the police let people even with small amounts of drugs walk off without more than a "be careful"? Or let underage kids with a beer can drop it and run away? All the time. Maybe the real constraint is from DISNEY. Maybe this cop KNOWS that he'd be in hell of a trouble if he's found to not follow DISNEY protocol, forget the law.

Monty is being reasonable and it completely possible that the cop made a huge mistake. I think the last sentence factors into this greatly. I think Disney sets the tone for the enforcement, but I would be surprised if they wanted their customers arrested rather than simply having it confiscated.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users